Black Clover

Any serious opinions on this? All I've seen so far as is mostly memes about the screaming, which is annoying in all honesty, so I thought about reading the manga. How's it?
From what I've heard so far it's very generic and most of the character don't have much depth, but I want an honest look.
youtu.be/kMpRVY1imzM?t=13s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kMpRVY1imzM?t=13s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Everything since the Water Temple arc has been solid.

Too bad you need to read 50 chapters of garbage to get to that point.

I only just started reading the most recent chapters.

The art style seems to be half decent (though what is actually drawn can seem a little cliched, typical battle manga stuff).

That's what I've been seeing in the threads so far, how does it get better?

I think it's AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAllright

It doesnt. The manga is still shit. No really notable arc so far

It remains very dumb, but it takes itself less seriously.

SISTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LILIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

The invasion of Castle Town and Lich fight were fine.

I'm convinced the author is going through a checklist of common tropes in battle shonens and trying to make it big with a manga like this like Araki did with JoJo part 1 to then get to work on whatever he feels like with ease.

>has less generic series in WSJ
>gets dropped
He learned his lesson.

The worst arc in Boku no Hero (aka the current) is equal to, if not better than, the best arc in BC. Take that how you will.

>youtu.be/kMpRVY1imzM?t=13s

I wish user.
Will he look at anime and otaku the same way miyazaki does?

> (OP)
>The worst arc in Boku no Hero (aka the current) is equal to, if not better than, the best arc in BC
no way fag

>that scream
I fucking flinched, ouch.

The mangaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?

It has its moments.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?

Dropped this in the arc with the Black Bulls mage who liked his sister or something. Does it get better?

Go back to your shitposting thread BNHAfag

1. Current Arc is saved already. Hop off your dying meme
2. No

Have you reached the captain's fight in that arc?

With Yami? Yeah

>O my rubber nen tier asspull
>saved

Well the fight with all captains are pretty fun, and the arc after is decent, then it goes back to the shitter after that

I didn't like the show, but after speed reading the manga it seems alright

I picked one chapter at random and it was so generic and boring that i never tried any more.

>youtu.be/kMpRVY1imzM?t=13s

A young kid who is weak, but full of ambition, defies all odds to become H̶o̶k̶a̶g̶e̶ King of the P̶i̶r̶a̶t̶e̶s̶ Wizards.

It becomes a lot better when you realize that it's actually a heartwarming story about an older brother who takes care of his retarded younger brother after they become orphaned. Yuno has created a fantasy world for astas childlike mind to project onto their unfortunate circumstances. In this fantasy yuno frames astas retardation or "lack of magic ability" as something that makes him special and encourages him to never give up even though others can do things he can't understand. This is why asta has such an autistic relationship with the nun, why everyone makes fun of him and doesn't think he will ever be able to succeed, why the dad seems so unwilling to let him travel with yuno, and why he has retard strength. The magic knights is actually school or something and the misfit magic knight squad asta gets into is Special ed.

I thought Asta was the older brother, which was part of why it was so sad. The retarded older brother is constantly trying to be at least as good as his prodigy little brother.

pretty fucking terrible, not gonna like
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I've only read the first couple volumes, but it doesn't really have emotional high points like other stronger series do.

Sunk cost

No one dies for real
The author keeps using the recurring theme of poor vs nobility., hardwork/sacrifice vs talent.
Almost every villain has a sob story and gets redeemed after losing.
Pretty mediocre desu.

>2 asspulls in a row
Fucking disgusting.

BC is at best, aggressively okay.

The anime is getting the Twin Star Exorcist treatment which means it's real bad.

Asta as an MC is insanely annoying and unlikable but his bouncing off of the rest of the cast helps it a bit. The rest is basically 99% of shounen cliches played almost totally straight.

You get used to it being shitty.

>asspulls

wew. When did they let middle school kids on Sup Forums?

Is Bnha really that bad now? I stopped reading it during afo vs ofa because I had a feeling it was all down hill from there much like shippuden.

it's literally just another word for a deus ex

It's not offensively bad. The first fifty or so chapters feel very rushed but once things slow down it's fine. Most of the characters become pretty likeable. It's enjoyable for what it is and it makes me a bit nostalgic while reading it.

I know. Both don't apply.

>The worst arc in Boku no Hero (aka the current)
You mean second worst arc. The first one goes to the training camp.

IIRC I read that the editor had/have a big role in writing/determining the story

So essentially this is written by an editor, which explains the checklist of tropes that got ramped up to 11

the show is fucking awful and is going to be padded to hell to fill 51 episodes when one of the better things about the manga is its fast pace

It's basically just Negima if, instead of starting off as a rom-com scenario featuring a child teacher as the protagonist, you just had a straight-up shounen from beginning to end.

The main character is a Guts clone, if Guts acted like Naruto/ Luffy/ Goku/ every basic-bitch shounen protagonist all the time.

The manga steals from fucking EVERYTHING, but it actually glues it all together fairly well. For a basic-bitch shounen, it's alright. Better than One Piece/ Bleach at least.

I think the attempts at serious/dramatic stuff mostly falls flat, the best moments in the series are the comedic ones

I don't know if the manga's fast pace is all that good desu cause I end up not caring for anyone in particular. There's almost zero tension in this manga

Not an asspull then.

I don't know, the plot is too fucking stupid to ever really care about anyone. People just go to places and random shit happens without much rhyme or reason.

I read the volume, it's alright. I'll probably read more when I get the chance. I hear the girls are really cute.

That's the thing, if the author actually took the time to setup events for 1 or 2 chapters and actually give some reason why this shit is actually important or make the character more fleshed out instead of giving them 5-6 pages of (generic) backstory then it will at least make me care a little. I remembered some random characters just appearing suddenly on the invasion arc and it turns out they're some light novel characters shoehorned into the story.

Was already wondering about some characters, felt like I turned into a speed reader when I didn't recognise these shitters introduced in chapter 82 who escaped from the Diamond Kingdom and are supposed to help with restoring the broken arms

>Better than One Piece.
No.

Not deus ex?

Literally saved by the introduction of something that hadn't been mentioned whatsoever, the asspull is how fucking broken Eri and Overhaul's powers are.

I was legitimately amazed how he managed or even decided to fit a beach chapter and a hot springs chapter. Fucking moving mountains or whatever it takes but those 2 chapters seemed to be essential for the story is what they must be thinking.

Save us Yami

>introduction of something that hadn't been mentioned whatsoever,
>Her name literally gives it away
>Already detailed through the process of how her blood creates the serum for the quirk removal bullets
>asspull

You HxHfags are still seething I see

Black Clover definitely has stronger start compared to Hero Academy.

>The worst arc

People literally thought they were reading/watching a parody when Black Clover first came out

I for one, enjoy shine tropes, and black clover has been some easy light fun
I don't know what this says about me or the manga

Why do you BCfags like to compare your manga to BNHA?

>reading/watching
I think it's mostly the anime only who think that.

Nope. Check the archives to see the reactions to the first chapter

>Literally saved by the introduction of something that hadn't been mentioned whatsoever
ofc. It's never stated though what her power was though but there pieces that lead to it making sense from the past chapters.

Then eris power, which we by now know from the previous chapter what it is, makes logical sense when shown how it can be used with ofa.

I've heard it's legacy is Naruto 2.0

I can't handle another Naruto in my lifetime. I cannot be rounded in by interesting characters only for the author to turn into a lazy fuck and bombard me with bad everything after I'm invested.

It's about as cookie cutter shonen as you can get

>The main character is a Guts clone
can you elaborate on this? I've never read it

I was honestly lost and had to reread 2 or 3 chapters prior to that. Nope, they just sprout like mushrooms. It was much later that I learned those are light novel characters and that the author expected the readers to be familiar with them. Fuck that shit

The only thing in common between them is having a large dull sword.

Recently been reading the manga, just reached the point where they beat the beast guy in the underwater place.
It's the most generic shounen manga I've read in recent years.
That and I keep finding myself hoping the bad guys win, not because of their tragic past or whatever, but because the heroes have won practically every single confrontation.
MC is also incredibly obnoxious.

I'd say Naruto is leagues better, I remember it at least being very good up until after the chuunin exam, I stopped following after shippuden. It also does a better job at hammering in how shit it is to be an orphan.

It's a Fairytail rip off with an annoying MC constantly yapping about justice and equality.

3/10 Garbage.

What does hard work have to do with anything?

Twin Star Exorcists the manga wasn't that good in the first place, and then Benio going off the deep end made me wonder how long the fucking thing was going to go on for with some pretty trash pacing.

I'm going to keep watching for Yami. If his VA is good I'll keep going.

I think he's making the most Shounen manga possible, ironically.

It's very good
very light, MC is nice, art is good.