Kemono Friends

What were your thoughts after you watched the first episode?
I myself thought it was kinda silly at first but it seemed interesting enough for me to continue watching.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iRu62P4QfL8
youtu.be/FHJUAlFQ-ec
youtube.com/watch?v=fIhB0LTylEc
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm32135928
twitter.com/shonen_Ace/status/920938945227112448
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I was still skeptical after the first episode, but I was so blown away by the absurdity of the climax of episode two that I just kept watching.
And then I fell in love with it.

I'll never forget this scene.

I actually didn't have many thoughts about episode 1 at first. It didn't leave much of an impression on me until after I finished the show. At most it was a vague positivity, but nothing much more than that. It took a bit of time for the show to really start leaving an impression on me, other than the curiosity I felt about it being so popular. I hadn't been watching much anime at the time, so I guess I was more forgiving of it than I probably should have due to not having an ever growing backlog. It was pretty easy to watch, since the content was so light and airy, though the setting and going-ons interested me more than a high school girls show.

I had the immediate sense it was a mobage ad, and really didn't want it to be a monster of the week show featuring a new girl powering up every episode. The 2nd one was the one that grabbed my attention.

>What the fuck is this?
I almost dropped it halfway through, but something just kept me going.

>watch episode
>i don't get it
>mystery elements
>i'll have to see how they explain that
>repeat

>I don't get it.

So why did Alpaca's cafe not have a battery backup?
Would she not be able to serve tea whenever it was cloudy outside?

I just started watching it tonight
only got through the first episode but its pretty nice in a chill way

The amount of chill and nice increases immensely as the show goes on.

I find myself relating to Jaguar more and more these days.

It looked retarded but I couldn't stop watching.

I thought Serval was the most earnestly kind character I'd seen in a while.
It was like a breath of fresh air.

SUGOI~!

it was different, i'll give anything different a chance. it wasn't really until the fat snake showed up that i was hooked.

Maximum chill by episode 3

Perfección

I really would like to go to a mountain top cafe.

The CG really didn't do the first ep any favors , but I liked the premise and the shenanigans were entertaining.

Episode 3 is what sold it for me. After the show ended I realized my face hurt because I'd just spent the last 20 minutes grinning like a fool.

How can a bag be so perfect

I think KF came to me at the right time. The first episode had me entranced in the atmosphere, and I was able to appreciate it because I was already told it would be good

Even from the exposition dump (kind of) episode 1, it was charming and very comfy. I absolutely love it

For me it was episode 2,i already thought this was nice edutainment by the end of the first episode however Otter Tanoshi and their problem solving while using the animals abilities like swimming for Otter and Jaguar, creative thinking by the obvious human and strong jumping by Serval sold this really hard, even if it was simple there was heart put on this and it showed.

Also I wanted to know why the bridge was broken and why there were obvious human stuff trashed around the jungle, it hooked me badly.

I thought the animation and design was atrocious but the voice acting was kinda cute. After finishing it, I could see how it was popular with kids and preteens but I wasn't autistic enough to think the world had some kind of deep dark secret for the grownups to appreciate like the threads claimed.
Couldn't care less about the shoe-string production budget sob story either.

Bossu and Boku wa Lucky Beasto had me interested.

Serval is such a dork. A cute dork though.

OP asked for thoughts not cuddles, dumb wojak poster.

I want to cuddle with Serval

The reason adults like it isn't because it has some hidden dark secret.
They like it because it's nice. Talking about any hidden lore is just a supplemental experience.
I don't get the thing with people going into this thinking that that's the reason it's good.

You must have just latched onto the first thing you saw that stood out in these threads and just thought that's why we like it.
I don't understand where people come from with that. There is something there for grownups. It was made for adults in a way that would let them reconnect with childhood nostalgia, not to be some Adventure Time ripoff.

I didn't say adults like it for that reason alone but that it's autistic to try to find hidden lore in such a basic story. Good for you if you liked it but I didn't think it was "nice", just mediocre.

By hidden lore I mean there's a lot of stuff that's implied about the world and story that isn't shown. It's compelling to try to piece together what it is. It doesn't necessarily have to be dark or edgy. The whole crashed bomber plane thing could be considered dark or edgy, but it could also be unrelated to Japari Park

>Enjoying a piece of media enough to want to know more about it is autistic
???

Its all tofu

Her helplessness was pretty annoying, especially on the first episode

>wtf is this Touhou shit?

cute little girls are naturally helpless at first.

She quickly becomes far from helpless.
Her character development is the most drastic in the show, while still retaining the same wonderful social personality she has.

What I would expect from a newborn.

But it was all a set up for her character development

And look how nicely they tied it together at the end. 10/10

I figured it would be a fun/cute "monster of the week" type of thing. The little educational interludes made me think that it wouldn't have a serious story. As they kept introducing characters and each one had their own story, I got more and more impressed. There wasn't a single episode that did anything except increase my enjoyment.

A lot of episodic anime will "get serious" by about episode 10, but this anime is probably the only one ever to do it in a way that didn't diminish the story at all, but instead made it even better. When Serval saw the image of her past self and started crying unexpected - this is also a trope, but done surprisingly well here - I was feeling for her too. Then when episode 11's cliffhanger came, I thought I was ready for it, but it broadsided me harder than a fully loaded freight train into a bicycle.

>I have different taste from other people and interpret things differently so those people are inferior.
I think you might have the autism, bud.

*melts your heart*

youtube.com/watch?v=iRu62P4QfL8

I want to pull Serval around by her tie.

Jim Henson's Kemono Babies

Anyone have that pic of the hakase eating a Pocky stick?

Didn't care much for it initially. I only really kept going because of the "3 episode" image, the fact that I was caught up on everything else I was watching that season, and the fact that I liked Serval as a character and wanted to be familiar with the source of the fanart. I thought that there was no way I'd be able to get into it like everyone posting in the threads at the time. Although I did genuinely love their little goodbye scene so that was just a hint as to how much I'd actually love the whole series.

I dropped it right there desu. Had to give it a second chance when the hype began to build and realized what I had missed.

This should be the shows tag line.

>getting caught by the plebfilter
>deigns to post on Sup Forums
Amazing

This, she was basically a week old by episode 6 if we go by Lion talking about the war games, all of this happened in 2 weeks top.

Episode 11 was a wild ride, watching Kaban become amazing in 10 episodes and still be the same sweetheart was quite a ride.

The best part has to be the dynamic between super Genki Serval and shy Kaban being always encouraged to try her best, this shit was so heartwarming you could feel the dread when Big dog cerulean "ate" Kaban.

Overall this was a really satisfying series to watch, I'm getting flashbacks to what we thought was the longest week by episode 11 and waiting for 12. Seriously this thing was so awesome and it kept on giving, I remember smiling like an idiot when 12.1 happened, something that would be reserved for DVD bonus was given to us for free as a surprise.

Then Kusokawa happened and we are still waiting for our episode 12.

>the fuck's going on?
>why is everything so bright?
>what are those humans doing?
>fuck this I'm going home

>if everyone on Sup Forums knows that I wasn't a true patrician from the start my Sup Forums reputation will be ruined forever

Why embarrass yourself further?

youtu.be/FHJUAlFQ-ec

Sugoi Serval Sounds.

What are you talking about?
He likes the show, get off your elitist case.

I like this

That the Cerulean battle music was rad. Also both Kaban and Serval were cute so I kept watching.

>admit you have terrible taste in anime
>admit you only jumped on the bandwagon because of "the hype"
>"He"
This is just getting sad

Classic deflection. Answer for "the other guy", then state you aren't "that guy" as a way to derail from the original argument. Doesn't matter if you are or aren't, you wave his banner for him, you both have shit taste.

Everything in this image is cute, even Hippo in her small pond.

I really like this image.

I'm just gonna let you be upset.

>when you're so redpilled you stuck with it for every single episode before the hype and loved every second
I could tell it was worth it the moment I heard the soundtrack played in the very first minute or so of episode 1, then was only reassured when I heard how unique Serval's voice actress was.

>I have shit taste, I know nothing about anime, I only join for "hype", b-but you're mad...
Yeah that is one sore ego alright

I'm just kind of confused.
Why does it matter if someone has bad taste? I personally didn't like the first episode at first, but I kept watching because I was curious.
Does that me I have bad taste?
Why should you care?

That Serval has a better food budget than me...

Implying you wouldn't work hard to spoil your own Serval and make her the happiest goat on earth.

Because threads are better when we don't have people with terrible taste who don't understand the source material polluting them up. Pretty basic stuff, user. There ARE other communities out there that might be more your speed, you know.

Haven't browsed these threads lately(Past week)

Any more news after grape's death?

>I could tell it was worth it the moment I heard the soundtrack played in the very first minute or so of episode 1
That BGM track really was the perfect thing to start the show with.
youtube.com/watch?v=fIhB0LTylEc

Well he hasn't gotten better yet,

Nobody but you indicated any concern over that. Saying a simple sentence is less polluting then getting assblassted and having an argument with two(?) people.

A new guidebook was announced yesterday

I'm less concerned with taste, and more awed that you're keeping this up for this long. I wonder if you guys will keep it up for the entire thread length if allowed.

>Saying a simple sentence
Except you don't just "say a simple sentence". That's how you revealed yourself, but it's indicative of overall lower quality posting across the board. Keeping these threads restricted to the content and not just a special club for people who want to hang out together just because of the show's popularity is crucial to maintaining board quality and keeping this from becoming just another shitty "general".

Who's he?
Tatsuki?

Oh sweet, is it potentially related to S2 or just extra tidbits of S1 info?

Oh, really? Any info you can share?

Another recent development is that the Korean dub premiered:
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm32135928

I think the original guy bounced after seeing your autisticly elitist attitude.
I'm the guy who's been arguing with you the whole time, but riddle me this:
Is it really so crazy to drop the show that take time to grow on you? I don't believe for a second that you instantly fell in love with the show as you were going through all the pilot episodes of the season. After you finished it? Sure.
But the first 2 minutes is a pretty reasonable indication of garbage if you didn't know how good the show was going to be. Should he have at least given it the chance of watching the whole first episode? Yeah. Does him not doing justify you getting this mad? No.
Get off your high horse.
>inb4 "him"

I hope you don't believe what you just typed, because this is some of the goofiest stuff I've seen in the board all day.

My mistake, it's actually a cover of the next Shounen Ace in guidebook style.

Oh, right, that. They do say there's going to be some sort of special KF feature in it.

Aren't the spam of low quality shounen threads more significant than one guy saying he didn't like an experimental cg show on his first watch?

>Shounen Ace
Looks like Monthly Shounen Cosm(?) for me.

>more milktank Friends
I have a very mixed feelings about it

I want to draw some OC Friends someday, but I have little confidence in my drawing abilities and my current job leaves me with little time and energy. I've been brainstorming about a Peacock Mantis Shrimp Friend design with boxing gloves and pigtails.

Here the announcement
twitter.com/shonen_Ace/status/920938945227112448

We have about 1 week before Halloween.
What are the chances Tatsuki will release a short?

user...

>watching dub
>watching GOOK dub

0.00000000000000000000000000000000001%