What does Sup Forums think about High School DXD season 4's art style?

What does Sup Forums think about High School DXD season 4's art style?

youtu.be/8fUIjjB0gnU

Nice.

I like it a lot. I found the original art style slightly boring.

Pretty good. Fights are going to look sweet.

It's a lot more generic than the old one and while some characters look good others look bad.

Rias and Akeno lose their mature aspect, Issei looks just way too generic and still doesn't have muscles for some reason

Waiting to see it in motion

please have a dancing ed again

Akeno is improved.

The character's designs look like crap

Looks like the art design finally moved into the current decade.

It's different but I'm not disliking it so far.

Did Cao Cao beat Sairaorg in Dx.4?

Way too much sameface going on here
Also it's weird, it seams to me a lot of anons think their favourite character looks dreadful while the rest are fine.
Oh shut up, Akeno always looks perfect, it's no big deal.

Rias looks fat and Asia looks more derpy.

Looks way better.
I honestly hated the earlier artstyle. It looked reminiscent of early 2000's anime with its dark colour pallete and jagged, heavy linework; the new stuff has rounded edges and softer colours. Some might call it generic or moeshit, but it's way easier on the eyes.

What the fuck is wrong with your eyes? It's fucking hideous.
It's look as if it was done by a hentai studio with the budget of your average hentai OVA.

holy shit

Akeno is shit, and always has been so.

2017 is truly the year of the monkey's paw

>Your favorite show gets another season
>But a shit studio does it
JUST

>It's look as if it was done by a hentai studio with the budget of your high-end hentai OVA.
There fixed for ya

S1 was great but S2 and S3 were utter shit. Come at me.

They are going to show nipples, r-right?

The cards will stay the same right?
They won't "rework them" for this new awful art style?
Also I really really really don't want to see Ravel in that art style, she's fucking perfect as is.

Original looked like a "learn to draw anime/manga" book.

Only when Akeno was on screen, every other character looked good.
Ahhh what am I saying, Akeno looks awful in the LN too.

No, the few seconds of that bed scene already made me want to puke.
Maybe the fights will have better budget but everything else looks awful.
I would like to be positive and think it's just that trailer that was poorly done but already confirms that the characters will keep looking as shitty as in the trailer.

Did you even watch the pv?

>Rias and Akeno lose their mature aspect
This

DxD looked like it was over 10 years old with shit animation beforehand anyways.

At 1:01 they censored Akeno's nipple but I'm sure you'll get to see it all in the blue ray version.

>it's closer to the LN art guys
What did she do to deserve this?

Yes and I didn't see any nipples, that's why I am asking.

The anime studio for the first two seasons always animated the show in like dull colors with some kind of darkened filter.

The new anime studio seems to have went for more bright colors.

Stop posting an illustration from over 5 years ago. Try one of the newer ones.

DxD was always low budget though

There's an obvious censor covering what is clearly going to be a nipple, but because it's a pv, it was censored.

Whether it airs uncensored on AT-X or you having to wait for the BDs is an entire different story.

The new designs look closer to the official manga adaption that nobody reads since it is so far behind.

boy I sure hope they don't go full fucking retard again

I'm fine with the more modern artstyle, but that anatomy looks like shit.

And now it looks like it's a modern show with shit animation.

I can't wait for those Sona rating game OVAs!

That illustration is from the volume that's about to be adapted, probably a bit relevant.

I don't mind Xenovia's design change though, or well the design change in general. My main gripe with TNK was the bodies/asses/tits/etc were all copy pasted character to character sans Asia/Koneko. It was really lazy. At least here there can be visual differences in their bodies, you can already somewhat notice it in the promo art but promo translating to animation is an entire different thing.

>Asia went from monkey to pig
JUST

Miyama is working with Uno so old illustrations aren't really relevant now.

Previous shows done by Passione looked pretty decent, why does this one look so ugly?

Gotou Junji's character designs are iconic/orgasmic, kill yourself shittaste.

Japan disagrees.

Japan has shit taste.

im going to miss the eyes, the deeper colors, and above all rias' bangs floating three inches off her head. said it best, they looked more mature in the TnK designs, and that's partially why their romance was always so hot.

But i'm not going to deny how much better the actual animation is, like wow. i hope the akeno scene in the pv is more indicative of what's to come than the rias scene.

A broken clock is still right twice a day.

This would've been acceptable in the early 2000s but for fucks sake we're almost to 2020. It needed new designs and the elevens agreed.

Do you not remember Rokka no Yuusha being 40% QUALITY?

Koneko was still lookin fin and sexy as always as the Supreme Girl she is so it's all good.

Best ass and body too.

That's stupid. There was nothing that wrong with the designs and I fail to see why CURRENT YEAR is a valid arguement for needing to update them. What DxD needed wasn't new designs, it was better animation and to stop going anime original.
Even then, I would have been fine with an update but everything about the new style (from the color palette to the character designs) seems ugly and generic to me.

i said i was going to miss them. that doesn't mean a design update wasn't overdue, because it was, rather that the design update left out a lot of personality the originals had.

Listen faggot, in the future when people hear the name.
>Rias Gremory
Pic related is what they'll see in their mind's eye, they will not picture.
This shite
It's like Kyoani's Haruhi Suzumiya versus Satelight's Haruhi Suzumiya

I was talking about the character designs. Rokka no Yuusha had good character designs, its problem was that they have it a budget of two bucks.

You do know that DxD's anime designs have been considered a joke until now, right? They considered it to belong to an older era. Most of them are fine with the change and are just asking for it to be faithful.

Who are "most of them"? Because if the answer is "Japan" then I don't give a fuck about what they think.
I liked the previous designs and (like I said) even when I saw no reason for changing them I wouldn't have complained if the new character designs didn't look so ugly.

>Some Japs think this way so you should too!
MAXIMUM WEEB!

>that Rias and Akeno
Typical bitch behaviour, the moment they shackle you into a permanente relationship they start getting fat.

I'm agreeing with them, and they're the ones fueling any future content for this franchise. Get over it gramps, it looked like filth before.

>DUDE CURRENT YEAR LMAO
Back to plebbit with you
The Japs have shit tastes as always, although I'll bet you're just cherrypicking the positive responses, confident no one else will actually check what the nips are actually saying.

New designs suck. Bring back Junji Gotoh

Only the blue haired girl, the white haired girl, the MC and maybe the light pink haired girl look like the same person to me.

Somehow I feel like this is gonna devolve into LNfags vs secondaries.

>shit opinions: the post

Go check it on Yaraon, smartass. Only a few didn't like it.

Anyone still watching the anime is a filthy secondary.
(That and all Akenofags)

it looks like a discount xebec

This is what the monkey's paw does. We wished for season 4, and it gave us season 4, but the characters have been replaced with generic moe designs from 2010.

Yeah, you weren't getting any of that from TNK who is most likely on life support now. The director shot himself in the foot and now this is what the after effects are.

And Xebec looks like discount hentai.

We might get season 5? But even so I wish this one would be two cour

Judging from that poster alone:
>Irina
Looks better
>Xenovia
Looks better
>Rossweisse
Looks way better
>Akeno
FAT
>Rias
FAT
>Issei
Looks more generic and kind of dorky though that might be due to his expression
>Asia
Went from ugly to a different kind of ugly, also slightly FAT
>Koneko
I honestly don't know what to say about her. Her design doesn't look bad. There is something about it that bothers me but I can't point out what it is.

lol

They're finished. 2ch said they all got let go by Kadokawa, including the old character designer.

Kek, exactly, all the effort went into looking good beforehand.

>better thighs is fat
Sure smells like Ireland in here

>xD
Fuck off.

Go back in time and fix Born then. Otherwise, be prepared for thicker girls and unique nipples for each one of them hopefully. I'm welcoming the thick thighs and shapely asses.
I doubt they would fuck with us and not air it uncensored.

How the fuck do people enjoy edging for nearly 5 years? We all know he's never going to fuck a single one. Where do people find the hype for this? 2012 was a long time ago.

>XD
fuck off

No they went full on fatwhore.

Reminds me of the improvement TLR got when it switched studios.

HobbyJapan and anime only shit fucking killed TNK. Feels kinda wrong, but that's just how it goes I guess.

There is better thigs and there is having some hugeass legs and an orca-tier ass. I know some people here dig that but come on.
That said, I didn't notice that the old Rias and Akeno has such slim thighs till now, though it could just be that poster.

Well meme'd

It's actually thinly veiled shounen.

>Kadokawa strikes again
fuck
Oh yeah
Template 53

>thiny veiled
It's outright shounen. When did it even bother pretending to be something else?

I always thought the old anime art looked kind of cheap, although the kusoge card art has looked pretty decent for the last year or so. I think the level of animation is more important than art style for this kind of show though.

It's the poster, that poster has always been shit.

Not really, this isn't like the KF scandal.
The studio completely fucked up with Born and deserved to get fucked because of it.

>people actually like these new designs
Uncultured swine, all of you. Season 4 will be remembered as the season that finally killed DxD. Expect the LN to die and the plans for a sequel too.

Are you actually going to pretend that they didn't deserve to get fucked after how badly they butchered season 3?

>a battle harem that anons swore would never get a second season saved a studio then got it killed

And there last endeavor was a joint project
basic hentai anime about the sevens sins where the fanservice was utterly dissapointing and the co-studio went bankrupt.

Just the poster.

When the first season came out lots of people said that there wouldn't be season 2 either