Daily reminder that non-isekai high fantasy series will never ever be a thing anymore

daily reminder that non-isekai high fantasy series will never ever be a thing anymore

Seek your high fantasy in vidyas

There are several non-isekai fantasy series this season though. Unless "high fantasy" specifically means "Tolkein rip-off" then at least one of them is high fantasy.

Shame i like lodoss astetic quite a lot.
also high fantasy is awesome

Well we got Bahamut last season, but Virgin Soul sure didn't make high fantasy seem cool with it's retarded plot and character arcs. I don't understand it. There's a metric assload of fantasy books, western and otherwise, that have proven to stand the test of time, but no, let's get a goddamn daily tv dorama writer to come up with a story instead. Even if you say the they needed an original story for product placements, this was the best writer they could find?

Didn't MiA and Rage of Bahamut aired last season

watch ruin explorers

What is Granblue Fantasy?

>what is granblue

good fap material

it would be wasted with the 2010s' shit tier digital look anyway

More like you're never going to get old-school D&D derived series and every fantasy is just going to be derivative of a derivative of dragon quest.
Now that I think about it, does Dragon Quest even have the stereotypical flaws of fantasy anime/manga/light novels? I don't think DQ even has adventurers guilds though I've never played it.

High fantasy is generic. Post apocalyptic fantasy like Shinsekai Yori and Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau is where it's at.

post-apoc is quickly becoming stale these days, we need another aesthetic to fap to

SLICE OF LIFE HIGH SCHOOL!

so avantgarde

sadly nothing but this

So much isekai these days, but no revival of The Twelve Kingdoms.
It's criminal, I tell you.

It's sad that japs are so fed up with their lives they drown their anime/manga sub-culture in isekai

DnD inspired anime is very good. Lodoss and Slayers both started with a DnD campaign. I think Goblin Slayer did too, though that's not really the same league

Shitty browser game that is sold heavily because of all the sluts it has?

A lot of those Isekai Shit don't even need to be Either Isekai or Shit.

does Dungeon Meshi count as high fantasy? It'll eventually get an anime

Why would a manga with elves, dwarves, magic, dungeons and dragons not count as high fantasy?

because dungeon meshi seems more grounded in reality with their designs and mechanics. I sort of expect more hand-waving shit with high fantasy stories.

That just means that its writing is not shit, it is high fantasy at its core. Silly user.