Why are they ruining classics?

Why are they ruining classics?

Anniversary cash grabs.

Didn't they already ruin it by having her simply die in a car crash in some studio multiverse show?

Same reason why Hollywood are doing remakes. The industry hit the bottom of the creativity.

>Sakura is still flat
Will she ever become a big girl?

never officially sadly.

Uh....s-sauce please?

Type Moon said that it would like to be a massive franchise like Clamp, indirectly issuing a challenge
and now they're reasonably massive
I guess that forced Clamp out of retirement

The new OVA was good. I'm looking forward to the new series. If you had a base-level revulsion to it, chances are you weren't going to be happy with anything.

She is alive living with Sayoran in an apartment.

>die in a car crash
What.
>multiverse
You mean TRC? They're fine, trust me. Perfectly peachy. At least CCS Sakura and Syaoran are. All the others are either dead, going to die, just died, or may inadvertently destroy the entire multiverse if they stay in one place too long, or don't stay in one place.

She has decent boobies in the latter half of TRC, and her other adult self has Yuuko-sized tiddy.

CCS is one of my favorite series and I'm pretty upset about the reboot. The ending of the series was perfect, the second movie was perfect. It didn't need more, and from what I am seeing it's going to be a more romance-drama style plot which is cancerous to moe.

The new OVA was awful, and I was expecting to enjoy it. Retconned a perfect ending with some shouta romance schlock. I felt wounded by it.

Fuck off, stop complaining.

>Only share opinions I agree with!!1!
Welcome.

I thought Sup Forums was all about the DFC? Was it all just a big lie?

It's midday in the weekend right now.

Guru Guru improved massively. Less fillers and quicker pace, cutting out the fat

That's Cardraptor Sakura, right? I never watched the original, what is it about?

A cute girl inheriting the powers and familiars of a dying wizard.

The new series will be something else, though.

He never delivered

sorry was away: search panda for (C67) [Ohkura Bekkan (Ohkura Kazuya)] Sakura-chan Kocchi Kocchi

Sadly that's all you see of adult Sakura as it's the last page, rest of the doujin was brother dream fucking loli Sakura

The end of this cracks me out, touya is not sure if he is a pedo or a incestfag.

Gateway Magical Girl show. Holds up surprisingly well for something 70 episodes long made in '98

Girl finds a magic book, all the cards fly out of it and cute lazy flying creature makes her a cardcaptor able to capture and activate the cards for various abilities.

It's monster (and outfit) of the week for the most part but every episode is different with a slow romance subplot and mystery in the background that comes to the fore in the second half.

Show also surprisingly deals well with magic powers, as in you can't use everything all the time, it's exhausting using high-level stuff and there's at least one point where she tries too many cards in succession and passes out from it

And people still try to say she isn't a kaiju.

I still think it's up for debate whether or not she rivals Demonbane due to Loop and a couple of her more dynamic cards.

>Holds up surprisingly well for something 70 episodes long made in '98
I don't think you do it justice. In my opinion it's still really good even by today's standards. I've never seen a show that merges the SoL elements and the plot elements so well since itself. You can tell that some episodes are more important than others but not a single episode is throwaway. That's pretty amazing when 24 episode plot heavy shows today sometimes have episodes that you could skip without a problem compared to CCS's 70 episode storytelling.

Not him, it does hold up extremely well, I only watched it for the first time a few years ago and it's one of the best series I've ever seen. However there are definitely some episodes that didn't need to happen. Many of them have Meilin in them.

that's part of how well the show deals with magic.
She has all these abilities but good luck using them for long, the top level-stuff (time, fire, water, earth, wind) are especially exhausting, time especially as even using it on a small area will completely drain a normal mage like Shaoran

As an example, towards the end of the show where she is generally near her peak she:
>Stops time locally on a mountainside where an avalanche is falling
>Flies from top of the mountain to the bottom
>Summons her fire elemental to melt the oncoming avalanche

Unfortunately the last one is too much for her and she just collapses before finishing the summon.
As a kids show they of course didn't show her waking up wondering why she and everyone else isn't dead which is a shame.#

Oh yeah it holds up great but you can't deny there's some of that classic CLAMP quality everywhere

EG Demonbane transcends reality, dimension, magic, story and Demonbane Vortex Blaster canonically killed Omnipotent Azathoth.

>Stops time locally on a mountainside where an avalanche is falling
>Flies from top of the mountain to the bottom
>Summons her fire elemental to melt the oncoming avalanche
Definitely a kaiju.

Dubs and trips confirm but she's definetly a cute one

Is this going to be a remake or continuation or what?

Continuation. The manga has been back up for quite awhile now.

Well that's kind of the thing. It comes down to what Erase and Create are capable of. A little girl using imagination-centric powers not distracted by the fact that it might be naive to attempt to erase something that's always existed everywhere might just actually work. Especially if she thought it was lonely and wanted to give it a friend to hug it that's always existed everywhere. Then she'd pass out for a few days and wake up to Touya giving her food.

I'm looking forward to it honestly. It's not like CCS was some kind of untouchable masterpiece.

Demonbane has no fourth wall powers. Dies to Nabeshin.

What if she erase herself?

Demonbane has it and he is above fourth wall. I still don't understand how people completely fail on understanding Demonbane's power

Demonbane has pseudo-fourth wall. Nabeshin actually exists and if he gets ahold of Demonbane's script and a lighter he's done for.

Probably is something the stupid loli would do on accident.

Can't be worse than the Sailor Moon reboot desu.

I have never watched Sailor Moon but heard horrible things about it's reboot so my expectations on this CCS continuation have always been low.
I'll wait for the dust to settle.

Ok well that's good to hear. Is it worth actually watching that show then?

Just wait.

Sigh, I guess debating against secondary is worthless. Feel free to think it so, if it will make you sleep well tonight.

I hope we will get more monster rape doujins.

>Sigh
>demonbane can beat real people in the real world
Are you retarded?

I mean, do you unironically believe Demonbane exists in our own universe? That's fine, it would make you correct, but otherwise he has the inherent weakness of having Nabeshin buy the rights to his character and deciding that his weakness is poopie sandwiches.

Ironically it got way better once they hired a precure character designer

Ah well, thanks anyway.

The Sailor Moon reboot and the CCS reboot have nothing to do with one another. That's just Toei being itself.

Thisssssssssssssss

Fucking tall bitch, they ruined my favourite character.

It's not a reboot, why does everyone think this

>she has the power of all the Touhous
Seems like a bit of a stretch. But I might check it out, thanks!

Continuation then. I'm just saying that there's no reason to compare these two things considering that different people are in charge of both.

They literally retconned the last two episodes and film.

No she is not. Can't have a power for a Touhou that doesn't exist.

It's called a "soft reboot".

>Coming of age romance story
>user wants an anime original ending and no new series that actually explores the main theme of the show
If you want a mahou shoujo that's just all cute girls that drops actually plot and character development after a couple dozen episodes in favor of meandering and cute girls, then just go watch everything Nanoha related after A's.

>The main theme of the original series is something the original series didn't explore properly
What?

I don't want a new series at all. The ending was perfect. I'm the kind of person that doesn't want season 2s for perfect shows, only good shows.

>user doesn't know English
Where did I make the implication that the series doesn't explore those things? The series does, and the new series continues to. You wanted the anime original ending and a hard stop to all the stuff the series is actually about. Are you not aware that CCS is a manga series and that the movie isn't the canon ending to the first series?

Quit being a faggot and give it a shot. Not all sequels and reboots are bad.

He didn't imply that. He's saying he wants more of the same. The other guy says he wants less romance and more cute moe stuff. I'm somewhat confused as to hoe these things are supposed to be incompatible though considering they weren't in the first series.

>I'm somewhat confused as to hoe these things are supposed to be incompatible though considering they weren't in the first series.
Some people (retards and yurifags) get angry if there are male characters and romance in a show and believe that girls can't be cute if they're in love.

>Are you not aware that CCS is a manga series and that the movie isn't the canon ending to the first series?
I am aware and the manga is garbage for little girls.

I am going to watch every single episde, but the OVA and what anons have told me of the manga make me think it's going to be a stain on a series I enjoy very much. And you are going to hear about it in every single thread unless it happens to be good.

Okay, so you're just a fucking retard who's opinion is worthless.

No, I want NO MORE of anything. I don't want another series. The original ending was perfect. You cannot improve perfection.

Imagine if every time someone had a different opinion than you you pretended it doesn't count because they are less intelligent than you. Life would be so straightforward.

Damn, if only there were some way you could read the manga yourself.

Calling the manga garbage and for little girls isn't doing just that though?

Imagine if every time someone was wrong, someone called them an idiot and told them to fuck off instead of telling them that it's just an opinion and that their opinion is totally valid and worth listening to.

isn't her brother a bit old to be still living with his father?

I don't enjoy comics. It's a tedious medium, I'd rather read or watch. Not some awkward, inefficient mix of the two.

It is garbage because of it's heavier romance themes and is yes, made entirely with the shoujo demographic in mind, unlike the anime which is family oriented and even has swimsuit episodes. That's not ad hom reasoning, though, so not it's not "doing just that".

>Opinions are truth-apt!!1!
Do you think you sound clever? Embarrassing.

You're impressively stupid.

And you're very clearly and underage crossboarder who needs to fuck off.

>family oriented
Good one

Oh shit, I just realized that's LRD

>It was made with x in mind so it sucks
>You think y so you're retarded
It's like you called someone a poop head and they answered back by saying you're a piss head and then you got angry and told him that there isn't any need to be immature.

Les Rallizes Denudes?

>Someone has a different opinion than I do, oh no!
>Should I discuss his points and share my own relevant views?
>"Insult insult insult!"
Life must be very simple for you.

That makes sense. He's screaming like an angry retarded child without a strong grasp on English, so the shoe fits.

>It was made with x in mind so it sucks
When did I say it was bad because it was made for little girls? Quote me. I enjoy plenty of shoujo, I only called the manga what it is, and said it sucks for it's heavier romance themes. Embarrassing that you typed all that out when it relies on a strawman argument you didn't even realize you were making.

No it's not, are you retarded?

I wonder what it would be like to be so bad at arguing your opinions based on relevant information that you feel the need to resort to baseless ad hominem to keep your self-esteem intact.

>bad at arguing your opinions based on relevant information
>"I don't like the themes that the story is built around so it should abandon them in favor of these tangential aspects I believe to be of importance, despite them never actually being the focus, and should be move in a direction that sates my personal fetishes."
Yes, you've made such compelling arguments.

You said the ending was being retconned. Someone pointed that this isn't the case and that the continuation continues right from the manga ending(the source material). Then you got defensive and called it garbage for little girls.

>Themes of the story
>Aspects of the story I believe to be of importance
Yes, relevant aspects of the series, unlike insulting the person you disagree with.

>and should move in a direction that sates my personal fetishes
When did I say this? Quote me. I've already stated I don't want the series to move at all in any direction, it's already perfect. You have to rely on strawman arguments as well?

I'm not discussing the manga. I don't care about the manga. I am discussing the anime series, of which the ending was retconned for the new anime that's based on the manga ending. You guys are throwing a tantrum over a red herring.

>Yes
No. CCS is a coming of age romance story. Those are the central themes. Your personal opinion does not change what the authors wrote, you fucking idiot.

>When did I say this?
When you said you just wanted it to stay as it is about cute girls and moe without continuing with the actual story. You want the non-canon anime ending, which is the series moving in a direction that does not reflect the intention of the authors.

>manga ending
>retcon

>CCS is a coming of age romance story. Those are the central themes. Your personal opinion does not change what the authors wrote, you fucking idiot.
Personally I see it as a fantasy story about a little girl inheriting the powers and familiars of an aging wizard, that secondarily has romance, school, and comedy elements. But even if what you were saying is true, and I am fine with it being true, that is 100% irrelevant to my opinion of the new series.

>When you said you just wanted it to stay as it is about cute girls and moe without continuing with the actual story.
Quote me. I never said this. Learn how to argue without pretending people say things they don't say.

>You want the non-canon anime ending
This directly contradicts your previous post, where you said I wanted it to "move in a direction". Aren't you embarrassed about directly contradicting yourself? I would be.

>Last two episodes and film
>"Manga?"
No, the last two episodes and film. Silly little dude.

>Personally I see it as
Completely irrelevant. No one cares what you think it's about when the authors make it clear what it's about and talk about what the themes are. Try again.

He is saying its not a retcon when the story follows on from the original source material.

Look you stupid fuck, the anime ending was always different to the manga's, the new ova was an adaptation of theanga original endong and the new anime will follow that ending. They didn't retcon the otger thing, hell, considering how CLAMP loves the multiverse, pretty sure it still exists somewhere.

>This directly contradicts your previous post, where you said I wanted it to "move in a direction". Aren't you embarrassed about directly contradicting yourself? I would be.
You're trying to argue semantics, but wanting the series to have an anime original end differing from the actual content of the series is wanting it to go in a direction. You should stop trying so hard to sound smart, because you're way too stupid to pull it off. Stop arguing like some retard from Sup Forumseddit.

Reading comprehension. "But even if what you were saying is true, and I am fine with it being true, that is 100% irrelevant to my opinion of the new series."

You literally didn't read my post. That's embarrassing.

But it retcons the anime, which has a different ending than the source material. The source material is irrelevant to my opinion. I like the ending of the anime.

>The anime's ending is good.
>"Manga??"
Silly little dude.

I did read your post. Your post, however, is worthless. If you completely missed the point of the series and want it to be something it isn't, why would anyone take your opinion seriously at all? Only an idiot would go to the rain forest and complain it was too humid, just like only an idiot would watch CCS and complain about romance.