Boku no hero academia

soon canceled

Yeah, it's confirmed: Boku no Hero Academia it's the most popular anime of the year. Look at the amount of shitposting.

Or maybe haitusfag is just bored?

Good.

Is this real

all shitposting aside l'm not sure why some people called bnha the next big thing, its sales are decent but nothing remotely comparable to megahits like naruto, bleach, hxh, snk etc

Look at comparative volume sales, and don't forget the boost in digital sales for modern series like MHA. They're competitive, if not better, than the series you mentioned.

>first place togashi
>second place togashi

How can we stop this madman?

It sold as much as wan piss though.

That would be nice, Sup Forums made me hate even more this piece of garbage

real talk they are the same person

1. YoSHIhiro TogaSHI and Sui ISHIda (anagram name )

2. Same styles of writing (both says humans suck , both are shotacons, both have homoerotic themes)

3. this 'interview' between togashi and 'ishida', togashi is known to never interview with other mangaka, he is talking to himself

4. hisoka backstory doujin, togashi said it's canon, which he would never do for another mangaka's work (he has pride in doing everything himself), so togashi is ishida

Different user. I still don’t get how digital sales numbers work. Sure we have the general idea of it increasing year by year while print declines, but that number applies in a broad stroke.

did you even look at the OP? hxh volume in its opening week sold more than bnha volume in several weeks.

>anything outselling One Piece
That's how you know this data is taken out of context.

>Look at comparative volume sales
something like snk was a million + seller before the anime boost, bnha in comparison is half of that

l highly doubt digital sales for bnha close the gap

HxH outsells OP sometimes. This was one of those times.

Is the HxH volume newly released?

>togashi is ishida
please fuck off

I'm not one to hate on shonen, but HxH is literally the epitome of shonenshit.

Yes, this is an elaborate thread for Spot The Newfag

nothing outsells one piece, can't you read? that op volume is at more than 2 million copies sold in total

Look at the numbers you fucking idiots.

>Season 3 announced.
>manga will be cancelled.
What dream world is OP living in.

Isn't 500k pretty good? It's like Tokyo Ghoul level.

touman land

tokyo ghoul is a million seller

>less than hxh = pretty good
could your standards be any lower?

Yes, but i'm saying that HxH is 19 years old, while MHA is 3 years old. If you compare HxH's 15th volume sales to MHA Volume 15 sales, that'd be a fair comparison. Comparing the 34th Volume of HxH and the 15th Volume of MHA makes no sense...

>l'm not sure why some people called bnha the next big thing its sales are decent but nothing remotely comparable to megahits like naruto, bleach, hxh, snk etc

and I'm not sure why people continue to decrease the commercial value of the series.

stop comparing sales of current works with sales of titles that came out 15 years ago. the market has changed overall.

who used to sell one million per volume in the first few weeks? one piece, naruto, nana, fma, kimi ni todoke, death note. and prince of tennis, bleach and hxh also sold a lot.

who does this now? one piece, snk, hxh and... well... that's it.

(2008)
Week 1
>1, 487,403 487,403 Hunter x Hunter vol.26
Week 2
>1, 200,640 688,043 Hunter x Hunter vol.26
Week 3
>8, *69,227 757,270 Hunter x Hunter vol.26

(2016)
Week 1
>*1. 650,817 *,650,817 Hunter x Hunter Vol.33
Week 2
>*1. 288,592 939,409 Hunter x Hunter Vol.33
Week 3
>*4. 113,292 1,052,701 Hunter x Hunter Vol.33

HxH has the advantage of being made by a famous author, having two animes, a movie, almost 20 years of serialization and not being canceled despite having so many hiatus. Compare with a series with only three years of serialization and with 39 episodes adapted for TV is ridiculous.

I never understood the popularity of BNHA when its character designs and world building was so horrid.

You mean HxH?

Not an exuse honestly.Attack on titan went to 9m sales from 1m the next year when the anime aired.Bnha is propably not gonna get any bigger.

bnha anime just finished and was airing when that volume (in the OP) came out. if it cant sell over 500k at the peak of its popularity, it's dommed to cancellation (faster than bleach). also, hxh being on hiatus is NOT an advantage and the anime ended years ago.

>Not an exuse honestly.
Show me another 10 titles with less than ten years that managed the same as SnK and I will agree with you.

SnK was a surprise even for Bessatsu Magazine, the title they expected to sell more was Doubutsu no Kuni.

Read, please: 500k for the current context is great. The problem is that your nostalgia or shitposting continues to think we are in 2004.

WSJ - average volumes sales:

One Piece - 2m per volume
HxH - 1m per volume
Haikyuu - 700k per volume
BnHA - 500k per volume
Gintama / Souma - 300k per volume
WT / Neverland - 200k per volume

yeah, BnHA is a flop.