When arguing with someone on Sup Forums...

When arguing with someone on Sup Forums, keep in mind that 90% of the board has not even seen 1000 animes and there is a good chance their opinion can be discarded.

I technically didn't see 100 anime SERIES yet, because I count OVAs, specials and movies separately.
TV: 93, OVA: 19, Movies: 25, Spcl.: 8

>tfw no triple digit anime series opinion

That person could have watched 1000 shit shows, Would you still hold his opinion in high regard?

Shit experts are real

This, I'd like to hear someones opinion on shit tier shows too.

Nowadays I discard every opinion that isn't my own, even in the rare cases where somebody has a higher powerlevel.

You have no fucking idea. I look forward to shit shows now. I can poke holes and even see how shows have demographic catered to them using cringeworthy cliches.
That's what anime turns into now. Like this season I like mahoutsukai and it's a great show. However I like watching shit like drinking your sisters bathwater and eating her freshly laid eggs show granted it's total nonsensical garbage.

I mean I started watching anime at 6 when my grandpa would show me space battleship Yamato on laserdisk.

>animes

what if I have seen 1000 anime, but forgot 999

Then I think you're punch drunk
get more oxygen

>person has seen 1000 "shows"
>watched 200 each year for the last 5 years
>hasnt touched anything pre 2010
Such a person would be less knowledgable about the medium than someone who has watched 250 "shows" spread over the last 50 years.

So, how many harems did you see, OP?

>90%
Try 99%, that's not normal at all. Sup Forums traditionally goes by the 300 rule.

Are you suggesting harems are of poor quality inherently?

Yes.

I wouldnt listen to anyone who watched 500+ shows. You'd have to be fine watching absolutely garbage stuff to get so far.
>I love eating shit, btw do you want to have a dinner with me?

Certainly doesnt broaden your horizon having watched 100 shows using the same shitty tropes and jokes, with slightly differing artstyles and seiyuu.

Watch more anime.

Been watching anime for the last 15 years and i'm not sure if I'd have even 50 titles finished.

I don't count the number of series i've watched, they're too many. I just remember the good ones.

Many '00s harems are among the best comedies in the medium. Watch more anime.

And what will it change?

What? That's like three series a year.

Your entry-level opinion.

You'll understand the medium better? Why is telling someone to watch more anime on the most elitist anime board somehow something that needs explanation?

To see 1000 involves seeing a lot of garbage. I'm up to about 600 and only watch 6-12 a year tops now because I drop basically everything. I'd have have to go out of my way to see a lot of rubbish if I wanted to reach that point in a reasonable timeframe. That and I split time between books, manga, vns and vidya now.

How often is there more than 3 good shows a year?
2017 was exceptional in how many good shows it had.

>Watch more anime.
^ this already devalues your posts to such an extent that its almost impossible for you to redeem yourself.

Seems about right.

Watching a lot trash doesn't make your opinion valuable.

>1000
That works out at roughly 50 shows a year. Has Japan even produced that many?

Because it's quite frankly a retarded elitist advice. Isn't that obvious?

Name 4 good shows aired last year.

And not the relevant half? You literally just admitted you are inexperienced with '00s harems. Meaning I was right. Watch more anime.

There's about 10k anime with 150-300 made a year I think.

You don't even need to watch anime that came out the year you're watching it in. If you've only watched 50 shows you must have a sizable backlog, no?

>Watching a lot trash doesn't make your opinion valuable.
>Calling something 'trash' without watching it
It makes your opinion valid.

A single season is easily 40/50 shows.

That a pretty laughable statement to make. Your understanding of the medium changes and develops based on the amount of VERSATILE works you watch, not based on the amount of TOTAL works you watch.

I'll wait for you to explain how watching a variety of shows from a variety of genres won't increase your knowledge of the medium.

I am almost at 200

He did say "finished". He probably dropped tons.

Classic newfaggotry right here.

Of course, but there's no way someone can understand a genre of anime with just one show from it.

Lurk for 100 more.

It doesn't matter if I watched it. The numbers are irrelevant. It's quite easy to geta large number of titles by watching only shitty battle shounens, harems, romcoms and isekais only.

It increases based on both. Dumb kid.

Nice hyperbole you mentally deranged nigger.

>It doesn't matter if I watched it.
If you want your opinion of something taken seriously, it absolutely matters whether or not you've watched it.

>shitty battle shounens, harems, romcoms and isekais only.
There are good battle shounens, harems, romcoms, and isekais. You might know this had you watched more anime.

What a compelling argument.

>easy
Watching anime is easy regardless of the show. If you watch a bunch of shitty battle harems, that has nothing to do with the amount of shows you've watched but instead your taste.

It does not. There is no inherent value to be gained from 80% of the seasonal trash that airs. If you think otherwise, then I'd suggest to consult to doctor to treat your mental disability.

Was anyone talking about any variety? There's enough of generic, indistinguishable shitty anime to get an impressive number of show watched.

Either bait or newfag trying to fit in

Why are you calling things you haven't watched 'trash'?

There's also enough good anime to have an impressive number of shows watched.

>Most anime is the same
Guess how I know you haven't watched very much anime.

There actually isnt. If I were to scratch all the shit I've watched and only name the stuff that had actual merit from a visual or written standpoint, I highly doubt I'd get past 200. Everything else was forgettable or straight up bad.

>200
Isn't that the most commonly thrown around number, anyways?

>If you want your opinion of something taken seriously, it absolutely matters whether or not you've watched it.
I don't want it to be taken seriously, I want to enjoy good shows. And I won't watch another comedy about a standard shounen wanting to fuck his little sister just to prove how knowledgable I am.

>There are good battle shounens, harems, romcoms, and isekais. You might know this had you watched more anime.
If you've paid more attention, you'd see I've never claimed there aren't.

>Watching anime is easy regardless of the show.
Not for me. Some titles make me nauseous in seconds and I have to quit.

>had actual merit from a visual or written standpoint
Are these the only two reasons to enjoy something?

>I highly doubt I'd get past 200.
That's because you need to watch more anime.

You are literally bragging about having invalid opinions on things. What the heck.

>watching more than 10 anime

No idea, not that much of mystery, considering I've said I don't watch that many titles.

What's invalid about my opinion?

>My goal is to not have a serious opinion

Did I said that or are you just making up strawmen because you don't have a valid argument?

i havent even seen 10 animes lol

Is my opinion valid if i watched 1000 forgetable garbage shows on 1.5 speed whiley playing games on my other screen?

no because then you didn't watch the shows

Yes because that is the only true way to watch animes.

People still reply to you.

I'd rather speak to someone who read 100 manga than watched 1000 anime.

>arguing with someone on Sup Forums

>tfw you argue with someone honestly and in good faith, and they suddenly say "actually, you're right. thanks user"

What if I've watched every episode of One Piece? That's gotta be worth at least three shows, right?

>animes
Lurk more, retard.

>mfw when you've argued with an user so much you can recognize their style of writing, and they still won't accept that you're right

>implying the standard Sup Forums has roughly watched more than 125 show
Renember that we are on neo-Sup Forums and the truly wizards who watched +500 animes are on the secret board are the ones around here are but hurt elitist
I'm only have likely +40 animes only 2 picked this season

>the secret board
Isn't that the one where even trying to find it takes out a chunk of your life force?

>Counting things just for the sake of e-pen.
Is counting the number even necessary at all?

No, not really. It's just a nice number to see grow.

There are easily 500 good classics across the decades, and anyone who's been watching seasonal shows for a while can make up the other 500 seeing as the bar for seasonal shows is lower. People who say shit like "there are only a few good shows worth watching each year" are the fucking idiots who don't belong on this board.

I don't think you're right. There's, max, eight good shows a year, and that number gets smaller as you go farther back and the number of shows coming out shrinks. And I'm just saying "good." Classic is a whole different category; there are definitely no more than two of those per year.

Nope. Unless you don't actually like anime or only watch one or two genres, there are minimum five good shows a season. You're not going to convince anyone who actually watches anime otherwise, and I really hope you don't say something stupid like "effortless moeshit and pandering is ruining everything."

it's a rare pleasure

You are the reason I put no inherent faith in people who have watched a thousand anime. If you genuinely believe there are five good shows every season, you are incapable of differentiating good shows from bad. The vast, vast majority of anime is nothing more than a low-effort advertisement.

Which shows are you watching this season? Which shows did you start and at least try this season?

>Princess Mononoki
>Spirited Away
>FLCL
>Nichijou
>No Game No Life
>One Punch Man
>Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
>Plastic Neesan
>Rakuen Tsuihou
>Redline
I've watched 10 anime.

I started every single original, and every adaptation that got more than one thread. I've dropped everything except 3gatsu no Lion.

Just list out which shows you watched at least an episode of.
>3-gatsu
If the only show you're watching is by the H&C author, then your opinion isn't worth all that much.

movies don't count, you can count them separately

3gatsu
Evil or Live
Chuuni Taisen
Mahoutsukai no Yome
Kino no Tabi
Ousama Game
Blend S
Houseki no Kuni
Garo
Anime-gataris
Two Car
InfiniT Force
Urahara

Also
>hating on a beautiful adaptation of a great melodrama
I feel entirely confident in my assessment of your shit taste.

>Dropping Mahoutsukai
>Dropping Kino
>Dropping Blend S
>Dropping Final Destination: The Anime
>Picking up CGshit from Orange at all
See, I just can't take your opinion seriously.

Quality>Quantity

>great melodrama
>great
>melodrama
You're a shit eating retard.

Mahoutsukai is incapable of capturing the elegant beauty of its source material, but what would you expect from Wit
Kino is inferior both to the original light novels and the first adaptation. Complete waste of time.
Blend S is a thoroughly average sol. If you pad out your "classics" list with those, I have no problem in seeing how you get so many every season.
I assume you're talking about Ousama Game here, which is a complete trainwreck of a story. You know it, I know it, let's not pretend it's good.
And immediately knocking out anime for being CG is how you fuck up and ignore good shows like Kemono Friends.

You genuinely have no understanding of the historical evolution of drama at all, do you? Why do you revel in your ignorance?

I only watched NGE and it was nothing special.

There aren't a thousand good anime. Besides, there are far worse things a person can be guilty of to invalidate their opinion than watch count.

>tfw knowing I wasted ~80 days of my life on anime and manga
Started as a sophomore in HS and am currently a Junior in college, went hard my first 2 years then took a break when I joined a frat an was unable to have any free time alone ever

Struggle to watch any seasonal bullshit anymore, and just too tired of watching anime and shit, idk how you guys can get to 1000