Is Hisoka a well written character?

Is Hisoka a well written character?

mcdonald had a farm

He was before his asspull

O

Dying with his fight boner completely satisfied would have been a fitting end. Now he's just stale.

MY

DONG

No it wouldn't, you've only seen the side of Hisoka obsessed with his battle erection, that's stale. This fight caused a change in his demeanor as it was his first major loss and subsequent death. How he approaches his fights from now on represents that.

RUBBER DILDO!

REWIND

Compared to the average shonen? Yes, not a question.

Compared to anything else? Fuck no.

SUPER

No, but he's entertaining.

He's hot as fuck, i'd let him fuck me and I'm not even gay yet

*rapes child*

>child rapist
>wanting that crime scene penis anywhere near you

I like how people use "shonen" as a qualifier for being well written or not. So like a poorly written character from a seinen series would still be considered better than a not so poorly written character from a shonen series. Just because of the labels you goofs treat as sacrosanct.

Sup Forumsnons are so silly.

That makes him well written in my eyes. When he's on panel, something interesting is always happening. Even if he doesn't have a sob story or cheesy villainous motives.

This is why Chrolo is poorly written

Gonna cry about the humans quote, aintcha

Was the King well written

He's well written but he's still one-dimensional. The entertaining type of one-dimensional tho

In the matter that all his actions are consistent with what we know of his personality he is well written.

But he's also not a very deep character. Not that he has to be considering his role so far in the story, but writing a character like Hisoka, in the hands of even a moderately competent writer is pretty easy.

Hisoka works so well because he's only used where he can be most entertaining. Imagine how awful he would be in the CA Arc.

yes

Name one well written shonen.

If Meruem were human, would you vote for him?

He likes loli so he's my guy

Wrong, he only propositions the child.

>trying to bait me into saying HxH so you can claim it's shit

Gay pedo psycho killer? Yes he is

I'm in the thread of one right now. If you gonna tell me no, allow me re-adjust myself to better accommodate your predictable responses. I'll start it off with a sigh.

My favorite thing about Hisoka is how interesting they make his power. To compare there's a guy who can use smoke to do literally anything, a kid who replaces his nervous system with soul magic electricity, some faggot who uses imaginary chains to do loleverything, and a dude who uses his punching autism to literally summon god.

Then there's Hisoka. His Nen has the properties of rubber AND gum! And he's one of the most impressive fighters in the series.

If he was human what would he want to genocide? This will determine my vote.

>to literally summon god
what?

>he's one of the most impressive fighters in the series.

Not really

Name 5 better.

His characterization is dead simple, but that's not really a bad thing. He's a pretty effective deconstruction of a pretty tired old shonen trope, which I enjoyed. If the author doesn't give up or die before the hiatus is over I'm interested in seeing his character be peeled like an onion to see the pettyness and hypocrisy I strongly suspect is underneath.

I'd call him like a 7.5 or maybe an 8 out of ten. Meruem is probably still the best written character so far.

His character has the properties of both good writing and asspull

I'm curious as well. But I'm sure whichever species it is, it would be for good reason.

Ants.

Not even chimera ants, just like, the little biting ones. He can't fucking stand them.

I wonder what he's up to.

What the fuck is his problem?

Netero, Killua, Morel, Shoot and Chrollo

Chrollo, Netero, Biscuit, Zeno, Silva without ants, zodiacs and beyond.

>Killua

He's an artist.

>Full metal alchemist brotherhood
>Hunter x Hunter
>Jojo after 3
>Death note
>My hero academia

the fight with his yoyos was pretty cool and the way he caught the dart fish was hella lit my dude. The questions was about impressive fighters and given that he is a kid and still fights better than most I can pick him quite easily

Nice try, BnHAfag.

>>Death note
>>My hero academia

The question was about fighters better than Hisoka.

Do they still have to be alive? King and the 3 guards, Netero, Beyond, Ging, Don, Kurapika, Kite.

>pedofile clown
He sets a new shonen degeneracy record

Then he has my vote.

Who are the best written characters in HxH?

>He's a pretty effective deconstruction of a pretty tired old shonen trope
user...

He's a stock character but he's creepy and intimidating.
He's very well acted as well.

Jojo villains are much better well written than villains of hxh (except with meruem,he is the same tier at funny valentine)and you know,jojo protagonists are so god tier,just look
Joseph,Johnny,Josuke,Jonathan.
Side characters,Bruno,Polnareff,Rohan,Hayato,and others.
Hxh is weak,but in my opinion when comes to chimera ant arc it´s good,but you know the rest of the show it´s shit.
>say the part
part7,8 and 4 >hxh
i fucking doubt hxh will surpass part 7,and don´t come here to say it´s a shonen,hxh is a seinen too.

>he's one of the most impressive fighters in the series.
come again?

Tonpa

what wil happen with the Gyro plot?

Great post, really.

>HxH is a seinen

When will people stop thinking shonen and seinen are genres instead of demographics? HxH is published in a Shonen Magazine, ergo it's Shonen.

>shit a JoJofag says

The final arc, set in post-spider Meteor City.
It is unlikely we'll ever see it.

I mean at the end of the day hxh is just a shitty attempt at a yyh revamp

Gon goes out in the city, meets him and becomes his protege.

>i fucking doubt hxh will surpass part 7
seriously,the pacing and the narrator ruined chimera ant arc for me.And the development of the story in part 7 is good,in my opinion,the story it´s a 9/10,not perfect,but it´s better when compared to hunter x hunter.

>>My hero academia
You were so fucking close.

HxH you uncultured brainlet

the pedofile clown makes it extra sophisticated

>Shit a 2011 HxH watcher says

These two, Meruem and Gon. Killua was okay until needle bullshit.

>Not the the God-King that has an army of dicksukers
Tsk tsk tsk

Are you unironically asking motherfucking otakus to stop being fucking retarded?

>chimera ant arc is so good,the rest of show don´t exist.
just look at the rest of this show,it´s bad,and yorkshin it´s a better arc,than the chimera overrated arc.
>hxh it´s the perfect shonen
in shonen,he is weak,in seinen no.

Needle is better than some vague fear of fighting strong opponents when he's fine otherwise.

Needle made it clear Illumi is fucked up.

Don't make up imaginary quotes as if that's would I would say, JoJofag.

CA is better than SBR though

Suspend your disbelief and ignore hiatus for a moment.
How do you think HxH will develop from here? How many arcs are left?
I'd say:
>Black Whale arc. Between the princes, Troupe, Hisoka, and Kurapika, this is clearly its own arc with the expedition as background. Kurapika might die by the end of it.
>Brion arc. Assuming the ship reaches its intended destination. While I think all of the Calamities will show up sooner or later, the labyrinthine city will be the only Dark Continent locale that gets visited.
>Meteor City arc. Final one. Centers around Gyro.

Ging said they might have to deal with another possible Calamity no one's ever seen

Tbh I hated HxH
Characters are meh...
Leorio is the stereotypical anti-hero motivated by greed.
Kurapika is the "my clan got murdered so I want revenge" guy. In other words, blonde Sasuke.
Killua is a Gary-Stu assassin. Started training at 3, entered a tournament at 6. Come on. Putting kill in his name makes it even worse. Reminds me of anime like "Kill la Kill" that try to be all dark and edgy but mostly only appeal to dorky 14 year old girls.
As for Gon, he should just become a meteorologist. The only interesting thing about him in the first couple of episodes is that he predicts the weather. Big deal, I can do that with my arthritis. Then for some reason when Leorio and Kurapika are about to get into a fight, which in this anime I guess just means glare angrily at each other and spout angry remarks, Gon talks down to the old sea captain trying to act all wise and stuff. It would have been a lot more believable to have the old sea captain use that line, it felt forced and out of place to have a 10 year old kid spouting words of wisdom to someone much older and more experienced than him.

Hunter x Hunter is a battle shounen with very few battles, and the few it does have are terrible. Fans excuse this as focusing on story and dialogue, only those consist entirely of tropes and stereotypes which are common in other anime, and often done better.

Protagonist seeking father? Fuu from Samurai Champloo does this better.

Protagonist seeking money? Cowboy Bebop.

Protagonist seeking revenge? Sasuke.

Protagonist who is an assassin with a dark past? Kiritsugu from Fate Zero does this without being a Gary Stu.

HxH has a lot of good ones, but I'd say the best ones are Gon and Meruem.

I'm just going to wait for someone else to prove your post woefully wrong because I'm on the phone and fuck typing all that out.

>Ca better than SBR
Chimera is trash,enjoy hxhfag your shit shonen mature.

I dunno, seems like a waste of time.

This here
>Protagonist seeking revenge? Sasuke.

You're dealing with a 14 year old.

>enjoy hxhfag your shit shonen mature.
Can you try this again in proper English?

is trigun shonen

its bait

He's exceedingly one-note and not even uniquely so, for + 300 chapters so no in the least.

t. Chrollofag

Hisoka wasn't in the Chimera Ant arc despite being in every single other arc is because he would've killed Meruem.

Yes, but that's only if Beyond has his way.
The HA has decided on the much more reasonable route of confronting Brion again.

There's nothing wrong with a one-note character as long as they are implemented well.

Not really, people can be conditioned to do all sorts of shit that seems illogical and from the very beginning HxH makes you believe the Killua has been conditioned to be an assassin and a tool, nothing else. The show does a 180 on his character and decides that Killua isn't a psychopath and his father is a decent guy despite the fact that he supposedly letting Illumi do whatever he wants to Killua (with his knowledge).

Togashi at some point most have realized he didn't like writing Killua has a full blown edgelord because everything after the second arc in the manga makes it seem like Killua's childhood wasn't actually that rough and his father and grandfather took good care of him.

I'll tell you what. Since I've never seen this shit, there's a very easy way to tell.
>Is his role in the plot and/or personality in any way comparable to Urahara's in Bleach?
Because if he is, he's as generic as it gets and it's obvious from his design. I think most shounens have a character like this.

Gon and Meruem are edgy trash.

Killua is the only decently written character in this rotten trash. Also Hisoka a best

>I don't know football but I should have a stake in the argument
Please leave

Why is your reading comprehension so shit

I think part 7 and the CA arc are equal in some ways and outdo each other in other aspects