dictionary.com/browse/elope
kotobank.jp/word/背負い投げを食う-530287
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kei a shit.

bane

>mother eloped
Wow.

So they say explicitly that the mother did that? That's harsh, also leddit scans' translation is godawful.

>could you stop
Pretty sure miyuki is asking if kei is done eating here.

How did "scary" get translated to "oh no"

Poor Shirogane dad, has to force peppers down his throat so his daughter can grow up okay

Yet another proof that girls really should stay loli forever.

>love daddy

Father is the best.

>Consider me your love daddy.

Is it just me or is something off with the way this is translated

fuckin autodumper

Last page.
As mentionned earlier, we need a new dedicated redrawer so we don't burn our cleaner, you can apply at [email protected]

Wow the whole Shirogane family situation got so much more fucking depressing than we assumed

This man has one single expression and it's not a pretty one. No wonder his wife dumped him

Sugar Daddy was a better translation though.

I'm so fucking glad Aka has finally managed to redeem her, it was the one thing left bothering me

It was a bit of a stretch, and felt way less natural.

Somewhat funnier, but the original was "Papa work," Which have connotations that are hard to explain.

She could have at least have taken one of the kids.

Thanks

Thanks as always.

Welp, thanks for the chapter. We do appreciate it.

Elope? That doesn't even make sense, that means she ran away specifically to marry someone and she's still married to the Shiroganes' dad according to .

actual couple when?

Thanks.
And what does it say on the bottom, we have color page next week?

Sorry for the error. I rushed my translator to get this out. If you see any other big errors, please point them out.

dictionary.com/browse/elope
Elope doesn't necessitate marriage.

user, you mislabeled which one is Reddit and which one is user.

>Could you stop?
>And go wash your bowl with...
>Oh, no...
>He was betrayed.
>But then she saw her spending time with another boy.
>Yep.
>A whole nother level.
>muh plebbit
Well reddit is fucking beating you.
Step up your game anons, either they're getting better or you're getting worse. Fucking get your shit together.

Oops. ok, user's translation is better then. I'll just go ahead and delete that.

sure, but 99% of people who read "elope" will associate it with marriage first

All three mean more or less the same thing here. I don't see the issue.

The one bit that might be a bit off is the part about being a mother, but the original translates to something closer to, "you're complaining so much you're taking on the air of a mother"

People prefer quality over speed, you dunce. What you have is called "the Mangapanda syndrome".

Elope is fine, I never got that impression from reading it.

The only problems I see here are "Yep," and the "Could you stop" thing from earlier.

"A whole nother level" should be fine. The original Japanese had an interjection too.

Fuck off fagscans shill.

TSer here.
I didn't post that last reply you quote and I doubt anyone from our group besides me is awake right now.

And like I mentionned earlier, I made my TLer rush, so errors slipped in.
Nothing is set in stone, so we can fix it.

Those 3 bubbles convey that Miyuki has to do it because there's no mother and the father can't even eat his pepper properly. The pepper part didn't fit in well with either user / reddit version.

>color pages next chapter
Aw yes

>>muh plebbit
>Well reddit is fucking beating you.
Maybe you should head back then.

>this picky over translations meme
this faggot manga doesn't deserve anything

It's all Jag fault, fuck him.

Why do they even buy bell peppers if half the family doesn't like it

The pepper phrase? That difference is slight. Either way, all three different translations imply difficulty eating peppers. The nuanced difference is almost non existent.

Here it's not a big deal, こわ in the original is a cut off version of こわい, so the translation should be something like "scary..." but either way the feeling of apprehension gets through.

Shit's got vitamins, faggot. It's the Japanese equivalent of kids eating broccoli.

>He was betrayed.
>But then she saw her spending time with another boy.

That's literally basically what the original says.

Cause they're nutritious.
But seriously, is this a japanese thing?
I don't know a single person that has trouble eating green bell-pepper. Do japanese bell peppers taste different?

Green peppers are disgusting.

>Jag left
>Reddit left right after
I'm thinking so hard, what could this mean?

It's spelled nutritious

Acquired taste.

>People prefer quality over speed, you dunce.
But right now, anons are losing at both.

PURE COINCIDENCE that they made the same translation error.

Only way I like eating them is on the barbecue

Those reactions can't happen cause the dump isn't at set times anymore so there aren't 50 people waiting for it as soon at it comes out

>He was the recipient of a judo throw
user
kotobank.jp/word/背負い投げを食う-530287

If you are bothered by it so much, why dont you join the team?

There's a "eat your bell peppers" joke in every fucking manga with domestic scenes in it ever, how have you not noticed?

>so we don't burn our cleaner
Shamefur disprey, Kaguya doesn't even have that many hard redraws. I could count the number of chapters that did in one hand.

>背負い投げを食う
Does not mean judo throw, what are you, an idiot?

Fuck off reddit scans.

I actually have not

We got lucky this week, but last week had a few painful ones (according to the redrawer)

Then your redrawer must be new.

>Every single thread is now a bitching contest with anons sucking the dick of their preferred release and shitting on the other

Goddammit people.

It's a manga trope that parents want kids to eat bell peppers but kids hate them. In the states, the equivalent is "eat your brussel sprouts" or "eat your broccoli."

So the dad not liking them but eating them anyway is a sign of his eccentricity.

Welcome to Scanlation Wars 101. In this class you will learn the pettyness if human beings when it comes to Mongolian wall tapestries.

ok, I stand corrected. Thought for sure that it was referring to him getting thrown last chapter.
背負い投げ - shoulder throw
背負い投げを食う - betrayed

I sure miss the good times.

This wouldn't be happening if people weren't going into each other's threads just to shit on each other's garbage TLs. This is why you niggers should learn Japanese and join us in the raw thread masterrace.

>also leddit scans' translation is godawful.
How can you tell?

That's probably just some oversight that didn't get translated, and the TS had to wing it

I think they were translating intent rather than the literal words like the other group did. It's clear she's trying to be buddy-buddy to leverage connections. To Westerners it's easier to see that with the manipulative and implication-laden "hey there~" greeting that people portrayed as moochers and leeches use. "Onee-san" isn't obvious at first glance for most readers. Also, if you're unsure of context that the author might have been intending to convey that could be lost in the culture gap, it's a safe choice to keep it instead of going with what you think it means.

In the end if you have issues with it you can always start your own group or offer to help an existing one.

A TS that doesn't even know weeb 101?

>she
And the 'betrayed' line is a fucking non-sequitur in english.

>>In the end if you have issues with it you can always start your own group or offer to help an existing one.
It's easier to complain after the deed is done than to actually put time to help.

Nigga what? There is nothing about culture gap here, they could've just used big sis as well and it would've still worked.

>you can always start your own group
I can't even imagine the shitstorm we'd be having with three groups translating Kaguya.

It's literally the exact translation, and it makes perfect sense. I don't get this nitpick.

I actually think that's what's needed. Or at least someone doing live text TLs when raws become available like other series have.

>she
>exact translation
You expect me to believe this shit?

Not everyone watched Nama-Sensei's Hiragana videos

Not quite, there's definitely an implication of cozying up to Kaguya there, that "Nee-san" is very intimate.

Oh, I thought you meant the part about betrayed.

She's is obviously a typo. That's not a translation error.

>there's definitely an implication of cozying up to Kaguya there, that "Nee-san" is very intimate.
That's what the is for.