You think Buu was originally supposed to be in the tournament?

You think Buu was originally supposed to be in the tournament?

Or did Toriyama plan to use Frieza, and Buu's appearances in promotional material were just bait?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9k9bLzxEjwY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Buu's powerset is too OP.

He could just make everyone float for easy ring outs.

it was all just an elaborate troll to syphon fanboy tears

Yoriyama hates Buu and regrets it every day keeping him around after the Buu arc.

I don't know but i'm still upset. buu is my favorite character so i was cucked for the third time in super. bums me out. Although i didn't like his skinny form. fat or nothing.

I like freiza too but i think toei hates buu's existence

Well then just make him fuse with Uub.

Or just eat them

Buu is way too OP. Besides a ring out from Jiren who can realistically beat Buu?

Wasn't gotenks a close 2nd for beating him back in Z?

He can also heal people, Roshi for example... mafuba, mafuba everywhere!

Isn't Fat Buu way weaker now than when he first appeared? He split between good and evil and lost all the evil side's (Kid buu's base power) with it, so he's operating on the absorbed Kai's powerlevels. Still has all his OP abilities though

I wanted a TOP with Yamcha...

Pretty sure Toei convinced Toriyama to use Frieza instead.

This. Not because I'm some butthurt Yamchafag (do those even exist unironically?) but because bringing Frieza back again is just kind of boring in my opinion.

I should clarify that this was after Buu couldn't come that I was rooting for Yamcha over Frieza, even though I already knew it would be the latter.

But they are doing something different with Frieza and having him begrudgingly work with the heroes, while he plots in the background. It's frankly a nice change of pace from the overconfident emperor shtick of before.

He put up a better fight against Kid Buu than Goku did.

And got beat nearly to death for it.

He literally only pissed him off.
The only thing fatbuu had going for him was his healing and stamina.
Kid buu was beating him worse then he beat vegeta.

The ability to learn techniques by watching and absorbing people are Kid Buu abilities.
His healing powers and magic creation stuff are kai abilities.

Yeah, but in the end it's just going to amount to him being defeated in his golden form in another fight. Or being defeated in another bullshit form he gets after training for another four months. This isn't the sort of show that's going to have him do complex manipulation of the gods in a grand and brilliant machiavellian scheme, it'll just have more Frieza being punched in the face. And we've already seen him beaten twice.

What would happen if Buu was bisected and half of his goo fell off the ring? Would he be 50% eliminated? How would it count towards the final score? As the last resort he could just scatter his goo everywhere, crawl into cracks and be undefeatable as long the arena exists.
What if he absorbed someone, the victim would be technically still alive, right? He could just go around and eat scrubs or injured strong warriors.
Furthermore, turning someone into candy shouldn't count as killing, since Vegetto was alive and kicking. However with flying turned off transformed opponents would be completely immobilized and defenseless.

Buu would be broken as fuck in this tournament. And that's not even counting his potential as a healer.

Why he didn't jump to the pillar and use the Kikoho to destroy almost all the arena and eliminate a lot of rivals with one attack? considering that the Kachi Katchin is really weak...

Which one is the best Dragon Ball Super ending?

My guess (and this is based on nothing but headcanon) is that toriyama wanted to use buu but the executives at toei we're like: "use frieza because he makes more money" and that's that.
Marketing is probably the swole purpose why "fit buu" exist

>Kachi Katchin is really weak
It's not weak, it just happens to be as strong as the plot demands it to be. The same could be said of everything else in Toei's Super though, so it doesn't mean that much.

There's so much original Dragon Ball in the endings I'm surprised they haven't done a single episode or short arc of some kind of original story.

Nah, I really think Toei wanted to use Buu, not Toriyama. Note how Buu's preliminary match ended up longer than any battle Tenshinhan got. Toei's writers really wanted Buu and basically only included Tenshinhan due to being forced by Toriyama's outline.

ofc toei wanted buu, they could reuse his animations again.

Anyone stronger can get the ring out. Buu's OPness mostly comes from his healing cCandy and absorption would depend on how cool Zeno thinks it is). I'm surprised Toriyama and Toei are such hacks that no teams have a healer.

There's no reason not to use both and to leave out Tenshinhan.

Yoka Yoka Dance or Angel/Devil

Honestly, if Maji Kayo was anything to come, it would be Buu's fate in the tournament

Chadhan teaming up with Goku will never not be GOAT.

Surprisingly the animation was actually good in this episode. Next one looks good as well

Also add that Buu can feel pain.

Wasn't it non-bouncy Super Buu?

Buu has some abilities that would cause a headache with tournament rules such as absorption and the candy beam.
The healing would be very usefull, and although he's dumb as bricks, Buu also is stronger than anyone ranking below Frieza/Goku/Vegeta.

It'd be fun, but lazy writing and such.

Yoka Yoka Dance

>Next one looks good as well
Nah, you can tell by the nep that it's gonna be Goku vs Shitfla atatata AGAIN
Turdlifla is so shit, she manages to scare away the good animators and sabotages her own episodes and fights with nothing but ATATATA for fights. My fucking sides.

>shitfla

Okay dude, what is your problem with Caulifla's personality? She's basically fleshed out. Her power scaling is the problem. Toei animation doesn't know how to power scale and that tends to make certain characters look OP despite the fact their personalities can be either fleshed out or not.

Toei never gave Caulifla a chance to naturally get into Super Saiyan because they had to rush it to make the ToP look as big of a spectacle as possible.

b-boogie back

>annoying mary sue
>moron that picks fights she cant win
>too much screentime by now
>spared from being eliminated when she should have been
>ugly design, annoying tryhard voice
>even her fights are badly animated
Do I seriously need to go on or is that enough flaws fr you?

>could have had Buu & Frieza joining
>too OP so no join

He probably forgot wrote the Buu falling asleep bit and then jammed Frieza in there.

1. Do you know what Mary Sue means? Because it sounds like you are just describing "character I don't like" as Mary Sue.

2. Isn't everyone picking fights that they can't win most of the time?

3. Probably because she's one of the bigger highlights of the arc if I recall. Also, U6 character.

4. Haven't there been plenty of characters spared from being eliminated?

5. I don't get the design thing or voice. You have not seen Black Clover if you think Caulifla is bad design.

6. Eh, they are average. We've seen poorly animated like with Ressurection F arc in Super.

Wouldn't that be killing them?

i think there were some pretty major rewrites late into production of this arc, which explains buu, the glacial pace, and general disappointment of this arc

To be fair all the U6 Saiyans designs are bad with those noodle limbs

Everybody in the fandom has agreed on her being a mary sue months ago, just accept it and let it go dude.
The rest may be >opinions but I am allowed to have them. So there.

>noodle limbs
Well that part is obviously a weak point. I was talking about overall though.

That's not a rebuttal dude. I don't think that's how most of the fans see her either.

He was originally intended but then somebody remembered he was a gag character that could turn people into talking candy so they took him out for new comers wouldnt be confused.

either boogie back or the one where goku runs sideways in front of black and white pictures that get colored when he passes beside them.

Boogie Back
then Yoka Yoka Dance
But visually, Angel/Devil
Worst one is the one about food

eating would kill them, but absorbing would be fair since they don't die, but they'll still be in the ring due to him being in the ring. He'd be able to absorb a lot of the participants and jump off

6 and its not even close
youtube.com/watch?v=9k9bLzxEjwY

Regardless of how it ends, Frieza is just a damn fun character, and every second he’s on screen is a Godsend.