Was Koe no Katachi the best looking production of 2016?

Was Koe no Katachi the best looking production of 2016?

Other urls found in this thread:

elevenarts.net/asilentvoice
sakugabooru.com/post/show/34534
sakugabooru.com/post/show/34589
sakugabooru.com/post/show/36784
sakugabooru.com/post/show/36779
sakugabooru.com/post/show/36789
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Maybe. I was really impressed with the design work.

Those backgrounds and digital lighting really looks good, op.

Sure why not

>2016
it has been a year already? fuck

>chromatic aberration
>best looking production of 2016

I WANT TO FUCK UENO

No. But it was the best movie of 2016

Get in the line

reminder for burgerland Sup Forumsnons to get get tickets as most of the US theatres showing KnK are doing so next week.

elevenarts.net/asilentvoice

don't let my wife shouko down

>going to cinema

I just saw it. Splendid.

>not supporting anime you like to get more like it in the future
people like you are why we never get good anime anymore

You wouldn't want to marry a deaf girl.

Fuck no, not even close. Kizumonogatari III had ten times more artistic integrity and used its visual elements to a greater degree.

this manga was amazing, however there is NO mention of a love connection, just being friends only. WTF

I know sign language, not that big a problem to me.

Kizu was absolute garbage aside from Araragi saving Kiss Shot.

What a philistine. I bet you enjoy the work of Naoko Yamada.

Just watched this
Pretty great
Tho I felt some things were kinda left out or happen to suddenly
I was thinking of reading the manga
How faithful was the movie?

The anime left quite a bit out. The manga is really, really good, however the animated middle school fight, and the fireworks part were excellent in the anime.

Not him, but I bet you pay for CR and buy localized merchandise to "support anime" don't you.

Well Kyoani doesn't do romance anime, it is know.

I think he is talking about supporting the companies that bring anime to the west, not necessarily the producers of the content.

>all that accurately animated sign language

i hate how its forced in so many shows, but this one would have really hit it out of the park with a voiced admission by the MC, as if at the end he had understood her the WHOLE time with the "moon" mixup.

This hurts to look at.

but user I'm half deaf myself, I know her struggle, the reason I got into anime in the first place is the natural availability of subtitles

not in the movie no, but it's heavily implied in the mango. if hand holding to your class reunion doesn't result in bed breaking chex mixing that night, I don't know what does

>Chromatic aberration: the movie
>Best looking production of 2016
Are you blind

>implying

>"I want you to help me live"
>no romance conclusion
lrn2subcontext

she did it for him in the manga at school because he was afraid, so he returned the sentiment. there is no implied relationship, ever. i guess it just means they get close after since she did confess to him and he is getting close to her

Reading this gave me a wholesome feeling

Your Name had considerably better animation.

Yeah I would say so, having seen all the other major films of that year.

The manga isn't that good. The anime removed most shit parts from the manga.

Depends on how you look at it.
Your Name had higher highs and lower lows, but Koe no Katachi, like every other Kyoani work, was much more consistent.
Personally I value the consistent character animation of Kyoani over specific sakuga scenes every 20 minutes or so.

Not him but it doesn't really depend on anything. Kimi no na wa had better and more consistent animation and art. I liked Koe no Katachi way more but the visuals are nothing to write home about, considering it's a movie.

I wouldn't really put it that way. Your Name I think was more consistent, but besides one scene (sake trip in the cave) it was boring despite technical polish. So I say Koe no Katachi was the better animated of the two.

I think the art itself in Your Name was better, no arguments there, but I disagree with the animation bit. None of the idle character scenes stood out to me. Even when Mitsuha was running down the street or Taki was biking up the road, it wasn't anything special and we see that level of animation in TV anime every year.
However its obvious all their effort went into scenes such as the meteor falling or the dream sake scene. Its hardly a jab at them, its just how they presented the movie.

However, in Koe no Katachi, literally every second of animation is better than 90% of TV anime. Every single second of the entire movie conveys that level of quality. In my opinion it is really understated just how amazing that level of technical ability is.

Like I said to the other user, I just think the consistency is understated.
Though in line with your saying but has nothing to do with animation, I think the art in Your Name was way too realistic compared to the very anime-ish character designs and it was kind of ugly at points. I remember specifically how the men's bathroom looked compared to Taki and the background characters was really off-putting. I think Shinkai mixed the characters and the backgrounds much better in 5cm/s and Garden of Wards.

The only somewhat impressive cuts from Koe no Katachi I remember, as far as technical prowess goes, were these two:
sakugabooru.com/post/show/34534
sakugabooru.com/post/show/34589

Kimi no Na Wa had quite a few more, and in my opinion way more complex like:
sakugabooru.com/post/show/36784
sakugabooru.com/post/show/36779
sakugabooru.com/post/show/36789
and a couple more that are not in this shitty site for some reason, or I can't find them.

The smudgy vignettes and chromatic aberration in almost every shot really make a disservice to this movie, I wish someone told yamada to stop that shit. It sometimes makes scenes look very dirty.

It's intentionally so. There are all sorts of tricks, audio and visual, meant to explore disability and social anxiety.

I'd believe this bullshit if it wasn't for Hibike having the same gimmick and being equally as annoying.

I don't get why they can't use proper DoF if they want to simulate depth, blur vignette is as basic and as lazy as it can get.

Like I said, it's meant to, maybe not be "annoying" but represent a sort of pain. Only talking about Silent Voice here, if you want to talk Eupho talk to someone else.

I already pirated it months ago and thought it was boring as soon

And like I said, I'd believe this hidden meaning you're implying shitty vignetting and chromatic aberration have if it wasn't for Hibike using the same gimmicks, none of the characters in that show are crippled or deaf, and none went through pain strong enough for them to try and off themselves, so the bluring is probably not meant to represent what you think.

I'm more inclined to believe Yamada just likes how they look.

I know it's not a fair comparison, but I expected to be gut-punched like After Story, and I was more gut...slapped? I wish Shouko had more character than "endlessly forgiving", and I wish Shoya really got bullied himself instead of it mostly being in his head. The most interesting characters were Yuzuru and Ueno.

It didn't respect muh japanese comic book enough so it's shit

Shoko was more of an endlessly apologetic. Shoya did get bullied in middle school but after changing schools it was all in his head.

I'd recommend reading some interviews for Eupho and this, then.

Alright, I currently am, but apparently Yamada did it to represent the short sight adolescents have, nothing to do with pain. If that's their reason I can understand it.
>Oguro: Returning back to the depth of field topic, the expressed things when you pan the focus when the depth of field is very small from the inside outward helps to differentiate them. I feel like this kind of imagery is oriented towards a “making adolescent objects feel real” manner.
>Yamada: That’s right. Adolescence is very short sighted. It feels like their pupils have little room.

My points still stand though, they don't actually use depth of field, they use a vignette with blurring most of the time, a very cheap way to emulate actual DoF, and the amount of blurring is too much for my taste. They were aware there'd be criticism.
>Oguro: So you think there might be people who would say “why’d you blur the background so much? Please show it clearly!”?
>Yamada: Yep. I think there are people like that.

Right, I don't think it has to represent the same thing every time it's used. For Koe no Katachi specifically that's how I interpreted it.

The amount and the way the vignetting and chromatic was used between Hibike and Koe is quite different. It had a very obvious usage in Koe, especially in certain scenes where it was used much more strongly than others. This doesn't need to be explained with reading interviews or what not, each viewers personal response to watching a film would obviously be different but I don't think the overall feeling or themes of Koe was so hard to pick out.