ITT: Series you have outgrown and can't stomach anymore

Dragon ball. It is fucking cancer how many threads it gets for a zombie franchise trying to be revived.

>outgrown
There is literally cannibalism in last arc.

Dunno man, latest memes and episodes made me start watching again

That's way to recent to count.

fate

I used to actually enjoy the anime once upon a time, but now I just can't bring myself to go back to it. I watched Kenichi before I watched Ippo, and the difference in quality between the two is leaps and bounds. Kenichi's character in general is probably one of the weakest parts of the series, and it tries to be about martial arts, but it can't even do that right. A specific scene in general always bothered me, and it was Kenichi fighting a boxer and saying that a boxer's weakest aspect are their legs, which feels like the author didn't even fucking bother looking at any examples. From the OVA of S3 alone, I can honestly see why it wasn't renewed or picked back up.

I have to admit that super dull would be more interesting if it were like the memes say with Gohan Blanco, Calvo, El grande padre and things like El Hermano.

Fate and To aru
They are extremely retarded when you think a bit. idk how i tought they were smart some years ago.

Any battleshounen in general

Sup Forums

If FRANCHISES count then Fate and Dragon Ball are both disgusting to look at right now.

The series died along with my boy Ace.
Giving his powers to his lame excuse of a brother was the final nail in the coffin.

All the ones that were only harem.

HxH, it's never going to be finished.

I really don't understand how some people can defend F/GO and DBS.

damn shame too because of the impact it had in the shonen genre

Yeah, me too. I used to like DBZ as a kid, but I never bothered with Super.

dragonball, anything to do with fate. even nardo and burito is unwatchable.

There's something about Naruto that, after watching One Piece for awhile, just felt so stiff to watch. Dunno what it is. Though Naruto's main problem began when Sasuke left the village, and he became obsessed with getting him back. It stopped being "I want to be the Hokage" to "I want to get my friend back".

Naruto. Used to love it early on, was a big fan desu.
It became so disgusting I think the author himself hated his creation.
It started with the shit fillers with the anime, turning many animeonlyfags to manga readers but then the manga became absolute shit too there wasn't any excuse to keep reading. I told myself that if I followed it for so long I should keep doing it until it finishes, but I couldn't even do that, it was THAT awful. Wasn't worth my time anymore. I'm amazed it still has fans.

I can't think of any other series that made me feel that way. I still like most series I liked as a kid/teen, even if I'm more aware of their flaws. But Naruto is on a whole other level.

if you go back and watch is the anime is terrible even in the early episodes, horrible animation, Naruto has a really annoying voice, bad music, dragged out fights, 10 minute recaps etc

>bad music
Watch it

>trying to be revived
So you're one of those...
It's the most popular anime in the west RIGHT NOW

Any moe/harem shit in general

You're like one of those people that is watching people have fun and wants to have fun too but instead of doing the same thing you find excuses to not do it.

If you hate it fine,just don't drag other people with you faggot.
It's not negative opinions/criticism that bothers me but people doing this retarded posts about being dumbfounded on how naruto became popular and still is today(through boruto) even thought they hate the show

>''how can they like that show when I don't hurr durr''.

He was 14 literally yesterday

Almost every battle shounen.

Fate.
I kept seeing Saber pics and other shit in the web back in 2012 and then watched Fate/Zero and thought it was pretty awesome.Then came UBW and even thought it was a little weaker than Fate/Zero it was still great.
I wanted to know more about the series so I started reading the stories,etc.
There's really nothing much left of interest in the series,I head there's a new anime coming based on a game and there's the movies of a different route of Fate/Stay night but I don't think I have the stomach for that,what's the point really?The disjoined,discontinued plots from the different VNs,mobile games,etc are just made to pander to the audience that got really into F/Z and UBW.There's no plans for a sequel for UBW because I'm sure that the faggot creator is making fountains of money and does not feel the need to lift his fucking pen again.

Did you even read the fucking post, retard?

I was a huge fan of that trash for years.

Sure,sure...

You've outgrown hiatuses?

Damn, I wish do the same to this and Berserk. They're my only tether to anime/manga in general.

bang

Gotta ask for those who have kept up with One Piece or kept up with it for a long time.

Is this series good? Is it consistent? I don't understand how something with so much content could possible maintain itself.

i still really enjoy it, but it lost that spark it had when i watched it all those years ago.
OST still a solid 11/10

pic
It's pretty good if you're into that sort of thing, fun even.
Oh god, I wonder if I'll feel the same.

the music in Naruto is awful

>outgrown
i think its unfair to say this since it implies that it was never good to begin with so you matured to stop liking it. its more accurate to say thatit became flat out garbage so the natural response was to drop it. same with naruto, dbz, and other long running series that used to be good but stopped.
>inb4 contrarian faggots tell me i have shit tastes for liking popular shonens

i watched FLCL way back in the early 2000s on toonami, which is when i first got into anime. i remember rewatching it in my angsty highschool years. im pretty sad that it lost the spark it once had

nah, you lik what you like. i fucking love rewatch Naruto (minus fillers). shit is cash

>>inb4 contrarian faggots tell me i have shit tastes for liking popular shonens

ur a fag for not liking Kizudejdhefhxegdvejhvergatari, it's deep

>>outgrown
>I think its unfair to say this since it implies that it was never good to begin with so you matured to stop liking it

Or maybe you've outgrown the target demographic of the show so it simply doesn't appeal to you anymore, it doesn't necessarily mean the show is good or bad.

>genre

People here really lack the ability to separate Naruto and NShippuden.Can't you just fucking criticize them separately?
The ''filler'' argument is old and retarded.Especially now for new watchers that can just skip it altogether.
The ''power creep'' is good criticism is good and makes sense if it was not the base for every battle shonen ever.
The argument about Naruto's original cast of supporting characters being sidelined in Nshippuden makes sense aswell if you didn't understand that they were sidelined and had less plot relevance because other characters were introduced and they need those timespaces to fill in with their characterization.
Also Naruto and Sasuke becoming stronger than all other characters by a huge margin was an expected progression.

It took me years to realize That this is probably one of the worst thing that come out of the 90's

i know this isn't true for myself though because i love rereading the earlier halves of theses shonens well over a decade since I saw it for the first time, but after that i cringe at how far south those shows go from their previous heights.

Then that's not "outgrowing" the show, that's just the show turning to shit.

>implying anything is close to its panelling & choreography

>tfw i still love one piece and get hyped for every new chapter/episode

people still watch it?

>reiterating my exact point like i didn't just explain this shit

wouldnt have 800 episodes if people didnt watch it

Me too user, I just love the world and characters so much, although I stopped watching the anime for the most part

I've outgrown Sup Forums, this board is boring as fuck 90% of the time and these mods ban me from all boards all the time, shit got annoying.

Sup Forums, Sup Forums and /fit/ are the best boards

/fit/ is fun, I know Sup Forums is just 3D/Random and Sup Forums is kids LARPing
I don't mind this place, but the "us vs them" mentality is too much for me
This is the only board I still use on this shithole of a site anymore

More like a series that long time anime fans can't stomach.

It has it's low points but One Piece has stayed above the threshold of bad for 20 years. What happens in the next couple of chapters is what will determine whether Oda can still handle what he's built.

>db: children/teens
>dbz: those same kids/teens who are more mature now
>super:even younger children (plus stricter rules against gore)
Super could be good, even with all its faults, if it had an older audience. The problem with that is merchandising and this is a very blatant cash grab.

Same, and also a lot of sports series. I just can't handle repetitiveness anymore.

Saint Seiya and its cancerous 12 Zodiac Houses death loop fanbase.

Man. All the bullshit today's shonen authors crib from Toriyama, and the one thing most of them fail to take into account is this shit right here.

Motherfucker knew how to draw a series of fight scenes, that's for damn sure.

I used to love Eureka seven but Mecha is a genre thats solely targeted at children to sell toys so as an adult they just look so silly and stupid.
>heres a robot with 4 limbs and a sword and a magic surfboard because reasons.

Stuff like Naruto is still perfectly tolerable since its easier to suppress disbelief.
>oh they got magic ninja powers, cool