Shonen is entertaining but its basis are mostly simple and following a similar pattern...

>shonen is entertaining but its basis are mostly simple and following a similar pattern, following interesting terms shallowly, becoming the fast food equivalent of manga
>most of them become powerlevel shitfests
>themes and subjects touched are badly handled
>too long and become uninterested
How would you improve the likes of Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tail by making them seinen-ish?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_general_election,_2017
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I would try not watching things that I don't like.

I wouldn't. Their flaws don't come specifically from being shounen manga and there are many shounen manga that are very unlike them.

read better manga

Also fast food is what people want. Quick, cheap, and easy entertainment.

>the fast food equivalent of manga

Just fries?

Add gore and nudity

Add more cute girls doing cute things

You move onto intellectual shows such as Walking Dead

Or Highschool of the Dead

i'll save anime.

where's the abe landslide thread?

i don't get it.
the show is boring as fuck and dumb as donkeys.

Why not just read something better instead of polishing turds?
Those aren't the only 4 shonen manga either

OP here. Question was along the lines tho: how would you have polished those turds?
I actually moved to seinen because of those series.

One Piece could've been good and Naruto okayish if they ended sooner. Bleach could've been okayish if it were either less or even more over the top edgy. Fairy Tale is irredemable garbage.

How about having the author actually write down a script with a beginning and an end so he doesn't make several years worth of asspulls and powercreeps?

>seinen-ish
Are you implying seinen is a genre?

Are you implying a term ending in -ish makes it a genre?

You're thinking about battleshounenshit. Yotsuba is shounen.

I'm pretty sure she's a girl

Is that the man from the
>Procreate
meme? What did he do?

Procreated

kek

I actually checked, and
>The couple have no children, having undergone unsuccessful fertility treatments earlier in their marriage
How ironic

won election more than 2/3 majority.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_general_election,_2017
>LDP 61.08%
Not quite over 2/3, still holy shit. I guess he has the power to make his army a proper one now.

Every fucking medium has tropes. Shounen doesn't have to be 'le dark'

One Piece is pretty good at least as far I've read. I'm on like Chapter 180

Shounen is attacked by immature faggots who can't stand that it's popular.

Add character development, variety of types of conflict, foreshadowing, buildup, gradual escalation where there is no attempt to reach the "peak" before the climax of the story, etc. Just better writing all around.

I'm not sure whether that would actually make shounen more seinen-ish though. There is a shitton of shit seinen out there. I would take a generic shounen series over a harem isekai with an OP protag any time. Shounen power levels might be bulshit, but at least shounen protagonists face actual adversity someimes.

Make the story more than just an endless series of fights and contests. Also .

>A series designed to never end till the cash stops flowing stops
woah

Can't do that in shounenjump. The series in that are either milked or axex.

Is Abe saving japan?

>fast food equivalent of manga
The brain doesn't function like the digestive system. It needs oxygen, not manga. Fast food businesses exist because they exploit a biological imperative and socioeconomic circumstances. Fast food isn't actually disposable, you don't shit out undigested hamburgers.

He seems to be trying at least.