Re-l is love,
Re-l is life,
Re-l is best girl!

Pretention defined.

This show had no raison-d'ĂȘtre.
I'd fuck Pino though.

Good. I can post all the fanart I got saved now,

Trash

Every Proxy thread i've seen (not many) people always seem so divided on this show.
Why is that?

Because some people pretend like it to seem smart

I wouldn't say it's smart but you need to pay attention and give it a rewatch to understand the premise and bigger picture of the show.
It's got a very unusual way of storytelling which actually intrigued me to keep watching, but i can understand why it's not everyone's cup of tea.

I have no idea what happened in the end.

100% garbage, ideal for edgy teens.

Thought it was gonna be a show about a cool goth gf walking around a cyberpunk city blasting fools with her shotgun, turned into a show about some random dude and and android loli in the sewers.
Dropped it at like episode 8.

>Dropped it at like episode 8.
Same.

Keep dumping please

Alright.

It's an example of how an anime can have a huge budget thrown at it, but if it fails at the fundamental level of telling a coherent story, then you get this kind of trainwreck.

I enjoyed it a lot more on my second viewing where I had more of an idea of what was actually going on.

Kind of pretentious at times, and weirdly paced. But I enjoyed it overall. And I never skipped that intro.

no it's not that smart, but no one actually gives a logical reason of what they think is pretentious in it, everything it's always hurr durr pretentious,
it's like they don't even want to understand

>edgy
what was edgy?
now all you need to do is call it pretentious, edgy and overrated and join the other half of those who watched it

Sup Forums views anything that is not happy moe blob and is philosophical/psychological/dark/serious as pretentious and edgy no matter the quality. No matter if its good or not Sup Forums will say its pretentious edgy emo for teens who like muh deep as excuse for nonlinear or unclear story. Dont even ask for opinions.

It did. The execution was very, very dense, and then also, on top of that, very rushed towards the end. But they show you most of it, and plain tell you the rest in the infodump episode. The plot is solid, and it's good. It's all there. It's not like it's made intentionally confusing. You're just required to really think about it. Ergo Proxy is unique in that way. Like Haibane Renmei. You have to really, really sit and ponder what you're being shown, to connect the dots and understand the plot. It's not as confusing as Texh or Lain, either. So it's not like this is some grasping attempt to be confusing. EP is just great. One of the best ever, despite its flaws.

This.
The show makes complete sense if you spend the time to watch it properly. It actually makes a rewatch fun and enjoyable.

COME AND SAVE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yes, exactly. Anons are accustomed to everything in their stories being made clear and obvious beyond and doubt or interpretation. Ergo Proxy makes you pay attention, remember things, and think about things.

It's great as long as you can pay attention and forgive the pretentiousness which is mostly just japs saying stuff in foreign languages because they think it makes them cool ,I thought that the whole "raison d'etre" was a nice ideea but it's so easy to make fun of it. It's similar to Blame! so I don't understand why Sup Forums hates it so much.

>but no one actually gives a logical reason of what they think is pretentious in it
I liked the show, but I think a few episodes like the library monologue were a bit more interested in sounding complex and insightful than they were in making sense on the first viewing.

Was she intentionally the most developed character because she was arguably the least organic?

I'm confused what all the religious and philosophical references were supposed to highlight.

Probably the closest we got to PKD works in anime

Pino was everything pure and wonderful in the world

Shit.

I think those hips should be illegal.

that I agree, but every show has a episode or 2 that are not good or likeable but that doesn't make the whole show shit. The quiz episode was what connected the dots and that's where people usually don't pay attention and then in the end they don't understand it and call it incoherent when in actuality they just speedwatched it, expecting it to somehow make sense if they don't pay attention. Those 2deep4u memes are only half true, most of the times they're just missing stuff that was there to connect the dots.
Rewatching it might help but going in with that kind of attitude will only make them focus on the negative points. That happens a lot with anime and manga.

RIP Manglobe

This.
Why is the genre of any 'Punk' setting or shows like Ergo Proxy, Paranoia Agent and the such not as popular among-st audiences?
Before the live adaption film Ghost in the Shell wasn't widely popular at least in the West either. Do people just like everything spoon fed to them?

What went wrong?

>because she was arguably the least organic?
that's the irony of it
3 main characters and none of them authentically human

Wasn't Re-l half 'tube human' and half 'proxy'?
I was confused how her clone became a new copy of the proxy that died at the beginning (didn't the doctor dude inject her with the cells from proxys) but the original Re-l didn't yet i'm sure she also contained cells from the female proxy right?

Boring so I dropped it.

It's a Meme dipshit.

Pino's the only one main character who wasn't really in the middle of a huge psychological crisis of identity.

So she just kind of learned about the world and her newfound emotions at her own pace, treating things like more of an adventure instead of going through vague ambiguous dream sequences about her raison-d'ĂȘtre.

one of the best DEEP anime. I remember it being hysterically far up its own ass, but I loved it and I loved reading the notes at the end of every episode explaining all the references. I should rewatch it, it's probably been closer to a decade since it came out.

Been a long time but if I remember right Re-L was Monad Proxy's clone but they probably didn't succeed while with Re-L 2.0, they finally did.

its shit

it's great

Raul was my favorite and this scene might be my favorite anime scene ever:
youtube.com/watch?v=fmu-SJDeI7k

About the story itself, it would have helped it to be less confusing and pretentious since its a great story behind all that.

Thanks user.

>Raul was my favorite
Not gonna lie, I completely missed the detail that it was his family that died in the first episode until he started having those flashbacks of them and Pino.

Felt like a big interesting twist when I first realized it, but upon rewatching the series I don't think they really try to hide it.

Nah, they do, until the reveal you posted you just know he has a wife and a daughter and that for some reason he is not returning home. And Pino keeps talking about "Papa" so you know the character will appear eventually. But you have no way of knowing its Raul.

*i posted

Fucking fantastic soundtrack.

>until the reveal you posted you just know he has a wife and a daughter
That's strange because in the Dub when Ergo is fixing Pino the wife says 'My husband is in-charge of the security bureau' and we obviously get told this in the 1st episode as well that he's recently been promoted to that poisition. It's easy to miss but i'm guessing the wording might be different in the sub.

Ah, that makes me feel a little better.

I think I remember there being some more obvious hints the second time around, like his wife telling Vincent that she was married to some big-shot and the scene where Raul slams his hand down onto the piano that Pino was playing early on, but it's fairly subtle for a first viewing.

Read

pretentious, boring trash. That is coming from someone who usually enjoys shows labeled as "pretentious", suck as Lain and evangelion. It had potential, first 2 episodes were good, but then all went downhill. And then, when the show became focused on Ergo-proxy itself, it went even further downhill. This is probably the most pretentious bullshit I've ever seen and one of the most boring ones too.

Do you have anything else other than shitty buzzwords in your vocabulary?

How can you say its shit and pretentious? The story was clear. The atmosphere was good. Even if you didnt like anything about it the art and soundtrack was unique at least.

Lain was more boring than Ergo Proxy, come on.

I dropped Lain but kept watching this, so i'm not sure what you're talking about.

It was too edgy and pretentious. Its for depressed teens and people who cant enjoy good shows like attack on titan and naruto.

The fucking Manglobe (R.I.P.) got Monoral and Radiohead songs for the OP/ED of this anime and both complement perfectly with Ergo Proxy tematic, respects.

I think they said similar in the sub, I just never put it together until later on because I still didn't know who was who or who was doing what by that point.

I want to fuck pino

Monoral might be my favorite anime intro.

youtube.com/watch?v=oAXrRWLKzko

Vincent was my husbando.

I will fucking end you

I'M GO-OING UNDER!

>Its for depressed teens and people who cant enjoy good shows like attack on titan and naruto.

pino was one of my first daughterus. i want to head pat her.

Unpopular opinion:

I loved the show episode.

don't worry, most of their staff is now in Geno Studio and it seems they are still going for series that might not be a big hit among normal otaku, they are adapting kokkoku and an original anime that was in planning for over a decade, seems to be something manglobe had planned

good man.

Drink the wine

Try harder faggot

Is it illegal to fuck a loli robot?

>the show episode.
I thought the gameshow episode was a weird prank by the animators when I first saw it. Complete with blatant fourth wall jokes and everything.

Wasn't until later that I realized that the show host was meant to be another proxy who was giving Vincent exposition in a really bizarre way.

So they are following the steps of Sanzigen, god bless them

Remember that are the same people that say Boruto, DBS, Shingeki no Kyojin or ReZero are extremely smart for you.

Great first episode, wasted potential

Ironically is one of the episodes that release more info of Ergo Proxy plot.

me too user, I really thought it was some recap shit, good thing I didn't turn off my brain and paid attention either way

>that the show host was meant to be another proxy who was giving Vincent exposition in a really bizarre way
Wasn't it because the Proxies couldn't say anything that went against their programing?With the fact that Proxy One being able to create Ergo already being a big thing by itself

It's the poor man's Texhnolyze.
I'm pretty sure DEEPfags only defend it as a matter of principle.

both are edgy and pretentious

Ergo Proxy is much better than Texhnolyze and Haibane Renmei is unironically the best ABe show, fight me.

So the show ended with the original humans who left for space coming back?

all the humans on earth were technically clones. so, ethnic cleansing for recolonization is pretty much inevitable huh?

Yeah, and also were forced to fight thanks to the Pulse. So once Ergo appeared there MCQ or whatever the presenter name was knew he was fucked and pulled all of that anyways.

I also found her quite pretty...she was the best thing in the show. Also, that eye make up.

me too

I like Haibane so much that I can't even argue with you on that. Ergo Proxy still sucks, though.

Isn't that what your dad said about u when u were a baby?

I liked when they were trap around snow or something
that was comfy
pino a cute and re-l a hot

still better than psycho-pass

Not with Ergo around, he pretty much accepts his original mission to fuck over the original humans

It's shit.

I'm usually not into sentimental stuff but that anime is incredibly beautiful to experience.