ITT: Unpopular Opinion Thread

>Kill la Kill was amazing from start to finish
>Lucky Star was boring
>Hidamari Sketch was boring
>any anime that invokes named archetypes from traditional mythology is unoriginal trash (ex: Yggdrasil, Nobunaga, Bahamut, Adam/Eve, Leviathan, Gabriel, etc.)
>Fate Stay Night is a trashy franchise for this exact reason
>Sword Art Online was good - not great, but it was good
>"the three episode test" is stupid - if an anime isn't your cup of tea, you can usually find out in the first five minutes

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oda_Nobunaga
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You should literally kill yourself faggot

I want to have rough sex with megumin

Most people agree on this though.

Everything is alright until normies jump on it and ruin everything

>Nobunaga
>mythology
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oda_Nobunaga

Those are just pleb opinions.

>"the three episode test" is stupid - if an anime isn't your cup of tea, you can usually find out in the first five minutes
I agree with this, I use to hold the 3 episode rule but with today's standards being full of cliched garbage you can usually pinpoint now.

>been watching anime for 15 years, but never watched a single episode of naruto or dragonball
>traps are gay and that's part of what makes them good

What?

there's no hard and fast rule
some anime I drop inside 30 seconds, some after 18 eps. Why watch something you don't like 1 second more than you want

>>"the three episode test" is stupid - if an anime isn't your cup of tea, you can usually find out in the first five minutes
>I agree with this, I use to hold the 3 episode rule but with today's standards being full of cliched garbage you can usually pinpoint now.

You're talking about something different from the three episode test. If I am generally not into sports anime, but I open the first episode of something, see that it's a sports anime, and close it without watching all the way through, then I'm just screening/filtering it out from my watch list - I'm not actually giving it a three episode test.

The three episode test is when someone starts to get into an anime, but is either too pleb to finish watching it, or (the only other logical possibility): they are too pleb to choose an anime to watch that they are likely to watch. In either case, you're a pleb if you are ever in a situation where you drop anime.

>Lucky Star was boring
you have to be older than 18 to post here
>any anime that invokes named archetypes from traditional mythology is unoriginal trash (ex: Yggdrasil, Nobunaga, Bahamut, Adam/Eve, Leviathan, Gabriel, etc.)
It really depends on how it's done, and fate/stay night does it right. and it's generally cool
you have to be older than 18 to post here.
first 12 eps were nice, rest is utter shit
it's a rule of thumb, and a good one at that, lost count of how many good anime I kept watching because of that rule.

>he's never seen something that looks cool on paper
>he gets into it
>it slowly turns to garbage

Theres a saying and im not going to repeat it for you but it involves a book. Look it up.

most of these are bad but i'm just going to go off the last one, I watched like 5 minutes of kemono friends and thought it was retarded but I gave it 3 episodes and ended up finishing the show and liking it a lot

The 3 episodes rule doesn't hold up when you consider the bulk of most anime's income comes from tv viewings in japan, so they'd want to spark intrigue as soon as possible to retain more viewers. Delaying intrigue for two whole episodes would be suicidal for any anime's viewings. Madoka Magica only kinda got away with it because it had Gen Urobuchi's name attached to it, and even then it still had intrigue with the walpurgis night in the opening scene.

Space Dandy is the greatest anime ever made.

>It really depends on how it's done, and fate/stay night does it right. and it's generally cool
Follow your own advice.

>>he's never seen something that looks cool on paper
>>he gets into it
>>it slowly turns to garbage

That isn't something I'm going to disagree with. I have to correct you on one point, though. Once you have seen enough anime, it becomes a lot easier to spot a bad one where they put 60% of their effort and resources into the first episode. The ability to identify something that you won't enjoy from early on comes with time. If you don't have it, it's usually because you haven't watched enough anime, i.e., you are a pleb.

Fight scenes, especially in manga even more than anime, are usually boring. Not always but often, the worst an anime protag ever suffers is "scuffed up", clothing damage, or maybe a dislocated appendage that gets better the next morning. I know some people revel in characters shouting their special attacks and the black and white 'fireworks' of beams shooting back and forth whether those beams are magic, lasers, ki, or something else entirely. It's not for me. I grow bored. I skim pages. I'd rather see beautiful landscapes, character interactions, plot unfolding.

Rare exception: if the author has shown they're willing to let the protagonist or main characters get life-altering wounds or die, then there CAN be tension. Mostly a case by case basis.

Im not gonna argue that point because i agree with it but in the modern era unfournatly most posters probably havent even seen over 15~20 different shows. And i can only imagine a majority of them ignore the 3 day rule, im sure most of them arent even aware of its existance.

>Drifters S2 should have came out by now
>Drifters was amazing
>Redline was amazing
>Boku Hero academeia was average
>Shingeki no Kyojin was amazing on the first season then they went on the money grab route and started to take longer to finish episodes.
>Quan Zhi Gao Shou is the best chinese cartoon around

newfag

Shit thread
Kill yourself

>>Boku Hero academeia was average
I didn't even bother watching past episode 1.

>>Shingeki no Kyojin was amazing on the first season then they went on the money grab route and started to take longer to finish episodes.
If you watch the first season closely, you'll see that it was like that from the very first episode. The shock value of the first arc just made the writing style less visible.

>doesnt like fate
>must be a newfag

Koe no Katachi was the worst adaptation KyoAni ever made.

You had my attention until this masterpiece of an opinion.

Your post is basically "let me throw my shit taste inbetween all these truths."

Get the fuck out, saoshitter.

>both MSG and SRI are better than NGE
>Ergo Proxy is pretentious garbage but Lain and Texhnolyze are great
>08th MS Team is bad
>Bakemonogatari has an eargrading OST
>almost every Gainax anime is bad
>Konosuba is not funny
>Mari Okada has never written a good anime
>CLAMP character designs look great in manga but shitty in anime
>Patlabor 2 is the best Mamoru Oshii film
>Thunderbolt Fantasy was probably the best anime of 2016

>been watching anime for 15 years, but never watched a single episode of naruto or dragonball
I wish I spent my 2000 hours watching these elsewhere desu

yes

I think traps are shit disgusting

>Mari Okada has never written a good anime
>"unpopular"

Many people like Toradora or Anohana

Actual good anthropomorphic characters, stories, etc. should be respected and not immediately disregarded as just being furshit. Judging a book by its cover, etc. etc.

So what you are saying is fatefags are retarded and not just because they think that garbage is good.

Three episode rule is for giving a series the benefit of the doubt. First episode's usually are introductions and other shit that makes it impossible to tell just how good or bad a show will become later. If episode two sucks, then you're watching the third to see if it was just a one-off incident. If the third episode is also shit, then you can safely assume that the rest of the episodes aren't going to be any better and bail.

>Lucky Star was boring
Pretty sure most people will agree with this. LS was shit back then and has aged like milk.

End your life.

Trigun is a mediocre show that people overhype because it was their first exposure to "mature" anime over a decade ago on Cartoon Network.

Firstly, the show is ugly as shit. There is an absolute fuckload of QUALITY animation. More than half of the show's episodes look like absolute shit. In-between frames are non-existent, characters' faces are never drawn right, mouth flaps aren't animated, and action scenes consist of little more than shitty-looking characters "fighting" eachother with all the grace of a fucking cardboard cutout. If the rest of the show was up to par this wouldn't even be a problem, but the storyline itself is boring. The "humor" is occasionally tolerable, but mostly just grating. Episodic plots are uninteresting and lack any tension. The storyline only ever becomes interesting halfway though the series, and even then it mostly consists of boring, predictable battles against ugly, uninteresting enemies that only exist to be convenient obstacles in service of the show's themes. Speaking of which, the show's moral dilemmas are one-dimensional as fuck and its attempts at philosophizing are heavy-handed at best and completely childish at worst. In any other season this would have been forgotten as soon as it ended, but the nostalgia for it is so fucking powerful that people will defend this mediocrity to the death.

>trigun
>mature anime
>lol he didnt know Eva aired during them days

That's not unpopular, in fact it's objectively true.

nice blog

Bah they went the extra mile to expose characters in the first season alot better then the the rest.

This. Trigun is especially shit.

define a few.

Most 80's ovas are overrated and don't have anything going on aside from animation and aesthetics.

Beastars is decent

It had a very luke warm start and the ending was disappointing. The middle was the climax.
>Lucky Star was boring
Normalfag filter
Normalfag filter
Just because some are shit not all are
No comment
It was mediocre but that's probably your definition of good anyway
Okay you're just new. Lurk more than five minutes

Gurren Lagann is a 7/10 at best, and the people that overhyped it ruined it.

Anime is shit

Trigger is only good when they do shorts like the LWA ovas or Luluco. They don't know how to manage long series.

If you could actually figure out from the first five minutes that you won't like an anime, you should have known that just from reading the show's or source material's description. It's like you're wasting your time reading the first page of a romance novel even though you know you hate romance novels.
Otherwise the three episode rule holds.

Unironically this. I only like it because my taste is even lower and there's no denying it.

No. It was good until ALIENS

>>"the three episode test" is stupid - if an anime isn't your cup of tea, you can usually find out in the first five minutes
You can figure it out just by looking at the title, plot synopsis and two reviews- one positive and one negative.

Sword Art Online's first arc was great by shounen standards. After that...

You don't seem to understand. We have to disregard anything furry cause furries cannot see the difference between something good and their vile fetish. The problem isn't the shows, the problem is, as always, furries.

>used to like harems (both battle and SoL ones) when I was younger
>Same with isekai
>Now I realize that both of these are very repetitive
>Turned into a Yurifag
>Read way more manga than I watch anime
>Madoka wasn't that good
>Monogatari series is good, but overrated
>YKA was good

>Quan Zhi Gao Shou is the best chinese cartoon around

Detroit Metal City is a gem of Japanese specific humor.

>Now I realize that both of these are very repetitive
>Turned into a Yurifag
Nothing changed then

One episode is enough to determine if a show is good or not. Even if you don't like the show immediately, there are signs whether the show will be good or not.

Then ignore them.

Digital era anime has bad colors.

You can't. They are like swarm of locust.

I watched Lucky Star when it aired because Sup Forums wouldn't shut up about it. I had a decent time with it, but I have a hard time believing it has aged well and is anything more than a time capsule anime of the mid 00s during the Haruhi craze.

>Kill la Kill was bad, you guys
You must be 18+ to post here

You see how this bs is not an argument?

Not always but in general cel anime has better colors than digital anime

Urobuchi wasn't that well known when he directed Madoka

Everyone's opinion should be respected and my personal tastes aren't better or worse than anyone else's.

I like all your opinions, pretty good

Objectively false

lmao your first mature anime should have been Bebop or Evangelion, not Trigun

Nah. That kind of logic is shitty, and all it does is make it so that the people actually interested in the subject can't discuss it because it's either from two groups, one of which purely sees it as sexual, and the second group that wants to shit on it because it might be bait. Both groups do equal amount of harm.

FMA Brotherhood has an amazing last arc but the first arc is melodramatic bullshit and the middle part of the show is pretty boring

I don't see how keeping furries away is in anyway harmful.

Fansubbing and BD scripting is fucking dead.
>Mostly everyone grabs the Horriblesubs release
>BD comes out and no one bothers to time them
>The few that do get timed gets fucked so badly you might as well do the work yourself (specifically looking at EroManga Sensei)

define normie

this isn't unpopular opinion

SAO is only hated so much because many people feel like by hating it they differentiate themselves from the "pleb" anime watchers.

Lucky star is indeed boring. How did such an anime grow such a big fandom?

I think it would have been fun without the pop culture references.

sorry for your unpopular opinion
but i don't dislike it for a purpose, I dislike it because it's bad

god dammit I'm still watching it

Close-minded paranoia

>calls thread "unpopular" opinions
>posts every single mainstream opinion there fucking is

What did OP mean by this???

Normie pleb can't understand it.

>Code geass started off okay but it became really shity really quick
>50% of all anime is literally unwatchable
>eva is a masterpiece
>Aqua is worst girl
>SAO is average. it's not great but it's not nearly as bad as people say it is
>Grifith did nothing wrong
>Femto on the other hand did everything wrong
>flat is justice

Yes
Haven’t seen it
Kill yourself
sure
sure
I agree
I agree

>unpopular opinions thead
>posts opinions the majority of Sup Forums agrees with

this pretty much

>Hates fate
>Thinks sao is good
My brain is melting trying to comprehend this.

>Neongenesis Evangelion is objectively shit
Why does everyone love this show, I'm at ep10 and it's just retarded in every conceivable way.

this

Go back

- Lolicons do an awful job of acting as a pleb filter, and are just as capable shitposters as shounenfags. The only thing determining who's more bearable is whether you're more used to Chad trash or cunny worship.

lmao

because most people can relate to the characters, the characters are the best part of the show

no
sure
sure
100% wrong end your life
see above
no
obviously

>likes Sword Art and Konosuba
>calls Nobunaga mythology
>calls Nobunaga anything but the GOAT
checks out, you're a fag.