Doesn't she realize anime is a Japan-only thing?

Doesn't she realize anime is a Japan-only thing?
I thought this would be common knowledge for Japanese people.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YLeRrigJB-c
youtube.com/watch?v=jGofoatz-20
youtube.com/watch?v=FlwV3scCgAM
youtube.com/watch?v=teIOMLgaoyk
youtube.com/watch?v=0xRCYmbvfEs
youtube.com/watch?v=c6gw5LnKeGU
youtube.com/watch?v=wLgSbo0YsN8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You're not serious, are you?
Anime is a loanword from French (animé) meaning "animated". In literal terms, she's interested in animated (things) from other countries. In Japanese the word "anime" refers to cartoons in general, just like how they call Western comics manga as well. She's interested in cartoons from other countries.

Kalimero is an Italian anime.
Asterix is a Franco-Belgian anime.

Is she interested in dick from other countries?

Nice bait
Lurk more

Why were the hearts placed over shitholes like the Russian Far East/Mongolia, the Philippines and New Guinea, if none of those places have proper animation industries?

anime means cartoon
to japanese people, things like spongebob and madoka magica are both anime

they aren't. they are coming from her head.

that's all right, but "anime" is the abbrevation from english word animation

how bout u watch the show btich boy before making such posts

>doesn't know about the glorious Russian animations

They're coming from her head, numbnuts.

My favorite anime is american anime.

This but unironically. See Madoka for reference.

you haven't heard of Mongolian anime? fucking pleb

Is Wakfu good?

Is this show actually subbed? Asking for a friend.

Is this worth watching if I've already fapped to the Zone flash?

>forgetting Pronin Taicho

that's just p. bad localization; she should just be saying she likes animation. why use the japanese abbreviation in the english subs

Obvious false flag, Korra is not an anime, kill yourself

>not glorious iron curtain anime
youtube.com/watch?v=YLeRrigJB-c

Yes
Been subbed for ages mate. Season 3 just got subbed a couple of months back.
Yes

I liked it a lot, but I hadn't payed much attention to Japanese anime at the time. If you or I watched it now, it might be like a mediocre shounen, I don't know.

>This is children's television
I shouldn't be surprised though, given that Kirikou has full nudity despite being advertised to children.

China has been making some anime recently, and Koreans get contracted to help with Japanese anime and their own manga industry has also been booming recently.

other countries ain't as prude as america

Just like no one outside of Japan can call themselves "otaku".

>you will never be able to discuss franco-belgian anime and manga on Sup Forums

Sup Forums is pure trash

OP is obviously being sarcastic. Wait, are you being sarcastic too (that animé thing made it obvious)? With the amount of newfags you never know nowadays. Back in the day you were 99% sure that every stupid post is actually behind seven layers of sarcasm. Post-ironic posting needs to be a thing.

This.

>Anime is a loanword from French (animé) meaning "animated"
Christ this place is such a piece of shit. Everything is just baits baits baits. I swear to god nobody posts genuinely anymore.

When Japanese say anime they mean cartoons.

When English speakers say anime they mean Japanese cartoons.

When English speakers say anime and mean cartoons you should just release them from their mortal coil and do us all a favor.

>It's gotten to the point where sarcasm, shitposting, trolls and genuine idiot newfags are indistinguishable
I don't like this new USSR Sup Forums, everyone has to use doublethink just to keep on the same page.

I fucking wish.

One country in particular tho

Too bad for you, since japs seem to call anime to any kind of animation from any place.

It's a shame really because deadpan is best.

i don't know which one i want to impregnate first.

アニメーション、馬鹿

Our anime is not their anime.

I wasn't trying to bait I was trying to be funny.

Shaun The Sheep is an anime. OP's argument is invalid.

Why does Chat Noir look like such a twink fuccboi?

Also, what's the deal with fictional France, where every single part of the country has an impeccable view of the Eiffel Tower? I'd wager even fucking New Caledonia would have a view of the Eiffel Tower if a movie or cartoon were to take place there.

Japan seems to like Cuphead.

>Not appreciating glorious russian animation

youtube.com/watch?v=jGofoatz-20

i hope she has watched count duckula

By the end of season 1 Nox will be one of your all time favorite villains.

Vive les enfants de France.

If Japanese comics can get their own board, why can't European ones?

What the fuck is Sup Forums?

I hope it's bait.

franco-belgian comics deserve their own board, they're special

Yeah but you have to understand that it's confusing for us, it's difficult to convey your intent through text.
So next time be more careful please, otherwise you will confuse serious posters.

A once-fun board that has become too inundated with tumblr cunts to be worth bothering with.

It's a poor translation, it should say "animation".

The Philippines have an animation industry. It's not shittier than everything else in the country.

First season is, second falls off a bit.

Crunchy could have translated it into animation from other countries, they don't because they are one of the people forcing the "anime, global medium" narrative.

Missed the joke

He means a separate board for eurocomics which would end up being one if the slowest on the site.

I doubt the college student getting paid 20 bucks an hour to TL Chinese cartoons cares about CR's evil agenda, dumbo.

No board could be slower than /po/.

still mad this never happened
youtube.com/watch?v=FlwV3scCgAM

>He doesn't know about Captain Pronin
youtube.com/watch?v=teIOMLgaoyk

Is Asterix any good? It's always looked really appealing.

This whole movie is actually fucking fantastic. There's some really cool shit here.

I liked it then again I'm subbing it

Don't blame her from bad translations.

mah nigga. Unless you are the one guy who youtube review'd the movie, lol.

"The Treasure Planet" is so weird, and half shit, but it is strangely compelling and sucks you in, because I don't think there's another animated feature like it. It's the Simpsons joke of eastern European cartoons being weird abstract shit, except there's 85 minutes of it.

It's god-tier and an absolute classic in francophone countries.

Stick to the cartoons and comics made by both uderzo and goscinny. One of them died and it lost some of the quality since then.

there's also a few live-action movies which do happen to not be awful
i do heartily recommend the film adaptations they've done of a few comics though, those are fucking masterfully animated

The french really are something else

Always high quality.

There's nothing wrong with this webm.

>No New Zealand
Kek

>Look everyone! We are right in front of the Eiffel Tower! That means we're French!
Can't they stop doing it?

Mongolia isn't a shithole. The rest you listed are pretty terrible though.

Why can't the Japanese come up with such nicely constructed villains, with sympathetic, legit motivations?
Nox has been one of my favorite villains in animation for years now. Never seen any Japanese villain come even close in terms of depth and character development.
Japanese villains always follow the same DESPAIR and/or DARKNESS bullshit troupe, as if the whole audience were comprised of 5 year olds. That, or cringy motivations like destroying humanity because they were bullied in the past, like fucking angsty teenagers.

Anime is addressed in the US, and the west in general, primarily to animated works in Japan due to their unique characters designs and animation, pretty much small noses and exaggerated eyes. In the west, the animation of Japan is in fact so distinct people have labeled it its own animation genre, anime. As you can see, Japan labels all animated works as anime. A lot of people still bitch about this topic about whether similar styles, like works from China, and Airbender is still anime. Personally, I consider cartoons from Japan incorporating their distinct style is anime because the English language has designated that style as such. If another country makes it with the same style it should be called Chinese stype anime or American style anime to note the country trying mimic the style. Oh, dont agree with me? Its the same case of the English world calling that island chain in the far east Japan while the residents there call it Nipon or Nihon. English loves naming things their own way.

You can clearly see part of New Zealand just above her shoulder

shh, don't break her heart.

/frog/ board?

>hearts over China, Flipland, and Indonesia
>countries that are full of anime fans
Sounds legit.

American cartoons used to be fantastic. They were mostly all slapstick musically timed comedy, but they had a certain charm to them. I recently found a torrent for Looney Toons and Merry Melodies episodes that were deemed "too offensive to air or distribute" and they're hilarious.

Watch more anime and read more manga, newfag.

>The Philippines have an animation industry.
What the fuck for real? I don't even know that despite living in this shithole. The only thing I know is that Toei is outsourcing animators here.

>joke's on you I was just pretending to be retarded

This gookshit propaganda is really triggering my weeb Autism.

American cartoons are kind of getting good again IMO. I'm curious if Cuphead will see a revival in interest in passion projects for "2D" computer animation (since true hand-drawn animation doesn't exist outside of small artisan niche projects these days). Disney is making some kick-ass short again with several ex-Ren & Stimpy staff working on them.

I was genuinly surprised at some of the "gore" they did in this short.
youtube.com/watch?v=0xRCYmbvfEs
This one is probably my personal favourite of the new ones
youtube.com/watch?v=c6gw5LnKeGU
And their Japanese inspired one isn't cringey and full of american stereotypes of Japan (I.e. mistimed mouth synching, talks about honour, power up auras) but more of a package of Japanese cultural cornucopia.
youtube.com/watch?v=wLgSbo0YsN8

So Korean men are marrying and procreating while Japanese herbivore males are getting cucked? Is that the meme here?

Not anymore due to outsourcing. Soon your animes will be made by pajeets.

>dat picture of Walt Disney driving his train
>Walt Disney owned and operated a minaiature railway on his property
>The locomotive pulled a set of freight cars and a caboose, the latter of which was almost entirely built by Disney himself.
>would invite anyone over for free rides

Disney was a pretty sweet man. He genuinely loved making the world magical.

Let's dial it back. People looking Cuphead doesn't mean we're going back to hand drawn, actual comedy and no modern progressive themes.

It's a Japanese girl. Koreans are perpetually angry at Japan and wish they could NTR the entire nation. Korean girls are also mostly made of plastic and insufferable.

The nice thing about "progressive" cartoons is they date themselves in a decade or so. If you go back and watch the kind of female empowerment they had rampant in the 90's cartoon industry you can find all kinds of examples of everything from "casual chauvanism" to that one episode of Cow and Chicken with lesbian bikers that break into people's homes and chew up their carpet.

Sometimes the progressive stuff can be timeless though. Like the Charlie Brown special that dealt with childhood cancer and it's effects or Static Shock being one of the first true "neutral black" superheros where he doesn't try and be a Black Power icon or stereotype but a normal teenager first and foremost.

Meh, I don't see then going back to hand drawn shows with imaginative animation and no PC bullshit anytime soon. You're right about Static Shock, though. I always wondered why people ignored him when talking about black superheroes. Same as John Stewart as the Green Lantern.

user the blonde, uh, how should I put this, is a boy.

This PV makes me really want this. The animation looks great and I don't know why I like the character designs. It nostalgia's my extremely vague sailor moon memories from the 90s for some reason.

I don't think he cares.

What I'm more trying to say is that it's cherry picking to say cartoons are "progressive". Cartoons have always been a medium for informing people of stuff since their inception. Sure some cartoons have plot lines today that are especially sensitive to current political events and social trends, but those have always ended up in the same place in history: laughed at by later generations. I'd also say that those kinds of cartoons with heavily progressive plots are in the minority of overall North American cartoon production. And even then "progressive" is sometimes a matter of personal opinion. One man's character's sexuality being secondary to their overarching story like Midnighter being gay is another man's "pushing progressive issues in a medium I like and therefor I am against it.".