What an utterly useless power

What an utterly useless power.

who said all the powers in academy city were useful?

Its what her mouth does to my penis that is important

t.Board Director

I disagree, do you know how many applications that has? Imagine keeping a metal at constant room temperature, no matter what, no matter how much heat radiates to it.
I mean assuming the material can still absorb heat, yet then be kept cool, you could have an infinite heatsink.

There's all kinds of scientific and industrial things you could do with that.

Quick, let's brainstorm on how to make this power OP

Implying you wouldn't want to be sucked off by Uiharu.

Well, first off, she needs to be in constant contact with the object in question for that to work.

Yes, so build a monolithic object that she can touch, which also shields her from any applied heat.

Infinite heatsink.

No, as a human being, you can't expect her to just sit there holding onto a thing 'till the end of her life.

She could be the pilot of a mech that requires a lot of heat dissipation.

Who said she had to?

She's too clumsy to be a pilot.

Who is this? This isn't Uiharu.

She's literally the second most qualified in the battalion behind Milinda, she just tends to be a bit ruthless if you give her extra lives is all.

Is her level 5 ability the power to reverse entropy?

She could just copilot, or just sit in a seat, I mean literally she just has to touch the mech to work her magic.

Huh? She's a skilled hacker, but don't mistake that with dexterity. Someone who's good with a computer isn't necessary a top-class racer.

Well, it's true that it's said that anyone can use Academy City's tech as if they were an expert, but in such a scenario, the difference in skill will be made all the more obvious. If everything else is equal, then the one with better reflexes will be the one to win.

I dony know why you doubt her reflexes when she usually engages in close quarters with auto-shotguns and SMGs. She's also hardy enough that getting shot only kept her down for a couple days even after she was left bleeding for hours.

The flowers truly are a power limiter.

>Implying

Her level 5 ability is nonexistent

Not if she tries her hardest.

Did I just fall through a time hole back to 2009?

user-kun, denwa!

How does her power interact with objects that have parts of them heated? Can she touch the cold part of a fridge and make the outside cold and vice versa?

After the recent mod escapades, Hiro has approved of the Board Culture Restoration Program. During the next weeks, selected anons will post well established memes such as UselessPower, SakuraFish, Kome8ofClock. This is supposed to re-establish a board where Sup Forumsnons can feel at home again.

infinitely underrated post

bruh this can actually be sOme mad shit for science and engineering

>me seeing this thread

Shut up Saten, you don't even have a power.

>implying AC scientists care about basic human rights
They'd leave her mind just functioning enough for breathing and duct tape her hands to the contraption

The flowers are just a class change from a melee unit to a support unit. Give flower uiharu some mechs she can operate via computer and she'd do just as fine

>Dickgun
What was meant by this?

Uiharu speaks softly but carries a big dick.

>not making the heat sink shaped like a penis and strapping it into her mouth with a padlock on it

>ice cream never melts
>pizza never goes cold
>"useless"

Oh fuck, I didn't even think about food, she could be a really good cook and make practical use out of her abilities.

Is her power absolute (without limits)? Then she can literally stop a nuke with that since keeping constant temperature means that she can stop heat transfer.
Almost accelerator tier but only with heat.

Looks like OP never took chem or physics. Granted but she is level 1.

>breaking the laws of physics

As opposed to all the other shit in the series?

Maintaining the temperature of something indefinitely is already fucking Newton in the ass.

So could she alter an object's temperature if she were level 4 or something?
I mean Kuroko couldn't teleport herself at lvl 3 (because her power if to teleport things she touches) but she can at lvl 4.

What if she only acts as thermal isolator? She just prevents heat transfer, so you can't get infinite energy from it, you just prevent thermal energy to get transfered to or from this given material. Seems more logical to me

She's good with computers but you never see her hug a CPU to overclock it.

>This is supposed to re-establish a board where Sup Forumsnons can feel at home again.
Accelerator soon?

If it rids of Abib then I'm all for it.

Check your pantsu for the return of retro Sup Forums.
Because this season is shit.

Couldn't she theoretically work hard to keep different sections of something she was holding different constant temperatures? Like pick up a piece of rebar, heat it with a blowtorch while maintaining a safe temp near the end to hold it, then keeping the hot end white hot? Like a heat hawk. That would be pretty dangerous/strong.

Accelerator needs to come back and save us.

It's only Level 1 so not a fucking chance

what if she touched the sun

Her power is useful, but she can't be bothered to creatively abuse it. It would be totally unlike her.

>go to the equator
>touch yourself
>stroll around nude in Antarctica
>accidentally touch yourself
>die

On an atomic level temperature is just kinetic energy so to be able to prevent what you're touching from changing its kinetic energy is in effect giving it infinite inertia.

That means she should be able to prevent objects from moving or prevent their motion from being stopped. That's both the power of an unstoppable force and of an immovable wall.

Temperature is due to random movement of molecules, not of a whole body. You can have bodies with low temperature and high kinetic energy and vice versa.

Still in principle I think she should be able to control inertia. Temperature is average kinetic energy of a group of atoms and so to control temperature implies a control of kinetic energy.

That does suggest the ability to control momentum.

Those molecules have kinetic energy, no random movement means no kinetic energy

She can keep my dick warm

She'd be a really good lab tech in any bio or biochem lab

Now Sup Forums invent a power that sounds useless but is actually OP

i think she just prevent thermal conductivity from happening

A badass hacker known as Uiharu is not useless.

you have all the powers of superman but only when you're clocked in for a minimum wage job.
if anyone you know personally finds you have superpowers you instantly lose your powers

She could use the power of make up, God she's ugly

Take that back, fag. Uiharu is pretty.

>Imagine keeping a metal at constant room temperature, no matter what, no matter how much heat radiates to it.
Bitch. She's a fucking level 1. Her limits are AT BEST are probably keeping a wok from getting hot over a stove.

Misaka can create thunderstorms, hack computers, and fire rail gun, but the misaka clones at level 2-3 have only 1/20000 of the original's power.

Inertia is a property of mass, not kinetic energy.
An object with a temperature of absolute zero with nonzero velocity has kinetic energy.

If she was level 5 she'd probably be one of the most OP beings ever assuming that her power WASN'T secretly drawing from some finite source.

But like imagine if someone used a particle accelerator and at the moment of impact, she was able to preserve that energy?

Or like what if her ability got so advanced she should prevent certain reactions from happening. Like what if someone could use fire & she just made it so nothing in the area would change temperature?

Or what if she went beyond level 5 and just halted the heat death of the universe?

>one of the most OP beings
There are people that can use Big Bang Bombsx10 as an attack in this series, a billion of them even

Assuming she can change the constant temperature of an object instantly, anything that hits hers she can change the temperature to above it's boiling point and instantly vaporize it. Likewise she can change the temperature of a foe to below zero and freeze them.

That implies a flawless reflector of radiation. Meaning it emits and releases the same amount of energy. This would make a perpetual motion machine easily.

>Or what if she went beyond level 5 and just halted the heat death of the universe?

when will this meme die? Uiharu is a good girl so she obviously follows the second law of thermodynamics

And that old man is the cutest.

Did we not determine that she has essentially the level 0.01 version of accelerator's power?

I thought we had determined the next for her was to do it without touching before moving on to different vectors (not heat).

Eventually she is to become the sole being who can control any and all aspects of the universe as long as she can imagine them being a vector.

The one and only level 7, the omnipotent.

(Head canon, best canon.)

>>heat something to absurdly high temperature for a split second
>>use power to keep it that way and wield as a weapon

Anyone who can make lightsabers is alright in my book.

>Touma is a lv0

Just wait, what you're seeing now is my normal state

*this* is a level 1

How about being more practical?
>heat something to absurdly high temperature
>put it in a water tank with a turbine
>produce endless clean energy

She would get burnt badly then

SakuraFish can come back?
I guess Gookmoot really isn't so bad

She could carry squirt guns filled with liquid helium or gaseous lead. They wouldn't actually burn or freeze their surroundings until she needs to use them as a weapon.

>If she was level 5 she'd probably be one of the most OP beings ever
Remember that time Othinus wasn't in the mood for fighting so she just destroyed the universe?

They're fucking reality warpers. Physics is as good as they think it is, but when they believe they can tell it to fuck off, it will.

good wife material. will keep your lunch hot

is there a way for her power to be utterly broken with the requirements that the utilization be very temporarily (only effective for maybe a couple of minutes) and with very weak temperature control (able to keep metal cool despite being next to a fire)

Even a potential full-power Uiharu which cannot exist, thanks parameter list is probably only vanilla Accel tier, which is honestly quite low.

>parameter list
Never heard of. Is that a thing?

Read the LNs

She can provide unlimited renewable energy if I'm understanding this right. Does she have to remain in contact or is the effect permanent once she's touched an object once?

That's a really good power for sex

Please explain

You could overclock a CPU ad infinitum if you keep it from heating itself

Apart from heat, there are other factors limiting CPU performance at higher frequency, such as the electrons not moving fast enough to respond at a certain frequency.

Wait, I thought the flowers were the real the Uiharu and the girl was just a host/vessel.

Heat/temperature control is ultimately energy control. Even with arbitrary limits imposed, it's a fucking insane power.

Now. "I can open bananas without ever smushing them." That's a useless power.

She fights an enemy whose power it is to heat up the temperature of everything around him and she is able to save main cast from melting by touching the container they hide inside.

She can literally make a perpetual motion machine.

Touch computer. Overclock it like fucking crazy with no downsides.

Touch bomb. Can't go off because that involves increasing temperature of explosive material.

Touch laser. The waste heat, the biggest problem for making powerful laser weapons is now gone. Hooked up to a big enough power source she can now lay waste to cities.

No, she cannot remove friction, only its byproduct which is heat so the energy is still lost but now is lost to her power intead of as heat.
It does have the benefit of greatly reducing mechanical friction wear, because heat is the major factor in wny componenets degrade over time.