Nanatsu no Taiza thread

What does Sup Forums think of this show?

Other urls found in this thread:

goboiano.com/u-s-manga-sales-grew-an-insane-29-in-2016-buying-boom/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-09-01/my-hero-academia-ranks-no.1-on-u.s-monthly-bookscan-august-list/.120852
nytimes.com/2016/12/05/arts/television/best-tv-shows.html?_r=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

anime actually better than manga
it's also ended at the perfect moment

>show
Terrible

>manga
Good. Though the current chapters feel a bit stagnant.

Manga was very fun in the beginning, but slowly turned in an ureadable mess of powerlevels, reincarnations and people that are half the soul of ancient demons and shit like that.
Kongo Bancho was better.

Show? Typical mid budget A-1 adaption, so it leaves a lot to be desired, but has done some scenes scenes nicely.

Been with the manga from the start and enjoying it to this day.

People who say this just love the simplicity of the first arc, which is fine. But stop acting like it's better than the content we get now. It's not.

Why isn't this as popular as most series like HxH or BnHA?

It is in Japan.

Netflix mishandled the anime by not translating it and taking it from dedicated anime streaming sites. In general, the anime wasn't handled well. 100 chapters put into 24 episodes.. a lot was skipped, foreshadowing was removed, some characters weren't fleshed out, etc.

This will all change in 2018 though. Nanatsu no Taizai season 2 is highly anticipated since people have watched the original anime on Netflix now. Season 2 will be like a more plot heavy Dragonball which is very marketable to western audiences and Escanor will make "Praise the Sun" memes even more widespread among the anime community. That'll make memefags flock to the series in no time. It's also getting a PS4 game and film. Nanatsu no Taizai is already more popular than MHA in Japan. And it should find it's western audience next year.

I do fear the increase of idiots and shitposters though. They come along with big audiences.

>Nanatsu no Taizai is already more popular than MHA in Japan.
2,097,088 My Hero Academia
1,881,062 The Seven Deadly Sins

>And it should find it's western audience next year.
That seems more like wishful thinking especially given how nobody cared about the TV special from last year

N-NANI !?!

Its that popular ?

That's why it's getting a PS4 game, movie, and S2.

Anime boost. NnT's peak is far, far, far greater than MHA can ever wish for. Lately,MHA manga sales have been decreasing too.

Meanwhile NnT has not only a 24 ep season, but a film and game. Saying NnT will blow up in the west next year is not wishful thinking. It will. The manga already has a great western following
The DBZ-ness will catch a lot of eyes and it'll be hard to ignore once praise the sun memes are everywhere. I'm pretty sure Funimation recently got their hands on the anime too.

>NnT's peak is far, far, far greater than MHA can ever wish for.
Nanatsu had an immediate boost, but the peak was 500k, thanks to a more faster and longer adaptation. But in terms of world-wide popularity, Nanatsu is nothing compared to BnHA.
>Lately,MHA manga sales have been decreasing too.
What? The last two volumes were the ones that sold the most.
>Saying NnT will blow up in the west next year is not wishful thinking. It will.
It will not. The best part was S1.

>2015
Okay

Dude...stop lying. Seriously

Volume 12(31 Days)- 20,435(440,536)

Volume 13(34 Days, Not Including OVA Edition)- 28,551(449,478)

Volume 14(31 Days, Not Including OVA Edition)- 31,876(489,650)

Volume 15 (35 DayS) - 19,456 (542,079 Total)

Now I just wish 7DS had even 1/10th of MHA's fanarts. The 7DS category of Pixiv is a fucking wasteland, I don't get why it's not popular in japan on this side, only the anime content got anything.

I mean , I wont complain, I really liked S1 (didn't touch the manga), but I was sure it was some mid popular franchise, not a behemoth just behind One Piece, wtf.

I know its shit "objectively" but it was one hell entertaining adventure train wreck.

I hope S2 will be as cool as S1

> I know its shit "objectively

Retard.

Thanks

This is from 2015 after the anime boost. You used that as an example for what it CURRENTLY sells without the boost.

>NnT's peak is far, far, far greater than MHA can ever wish for
Who cares? That was also an anime boost and it had a steep decline anyways unlike other boosts like Tokyo Ghoul and Kingdom NnT actually lost its readers as it went on then retained them.
Volume 15 is selling better than the previous volume

>Meanwhile NnT has not only a 24 ep season, but a film and game.
Who cares? Also season 2 is being aired on a really shitty morning block at 6:30 am.
>. The manga already has a great western following
No it doesn't. The manga doesn't even sell well here in the west to begin with.
>I'm pretty sure Funimation recently got their hands on the anime too.
They have home video rights but streaming is under Netflix who will pull the same shit they did with the first season and hold off releasing it until its finished airing in Japan. The first season got next to no buzz in the US because of this which is a shame because it was the 2nd highest rated show to air on Nichigo in Japan.

Who cares?

Apparently you do since you replied

Apparently you do since you replied

>But stop acting like it's better than the content we get now. It's not.
It was. There was actually some stakes to be had for one thing and the villains weren't so fucking lame. Hard to believe that Gilthunder was more a threat than any of the commandments are now

The pinnacle of shounenshit.
You can only read so many chapters before you stop reading it ironically and just start reading because you want to.
Diane best girl

>The pinnacle of shounenshit.
I thought that was Black Clover

Argument:

>Who cares?!?!?
>Some inaccurate ragey bullshit

Wow, you showed us.

This will never not be funny.

That's Black Clover and MHA. NnT does different stuff, like giving the characters fleshed out backstories and endorsing romance.

The art stopped once the anime ended, nothing of manga characters. Hopefully it picks back up with season 2.

Those sales are nothing compared to Taizai and it was definitely airing during some of those releases.

Guess BnHfags couldn't handle their manga being crapped on in every thread. Had to come into a new one.

>worldwide popularity
Um, no. Not much anime are worldwide popular and especially not BnH. It's not even more popular than OPM. There's comics that sell more than MHA in the West and that's a dying industry.

Also, season 1 objectively sucked.

It was decent. A bit too cliché, imo.

It's really sad how all the falseflagging for BNHA has lead to 90% of Sup Forums to hate it even more now.
They use to be some of the best threads before the anime aried.

Now it's all fujos, shippers and newshit that reply to the most obvious bait that gets posted every single thread.
The the BIG 3 drought really did a number on that series, but i guess it had to happen to someone.

Just glad it wasn't NnT

goboiano.com/u-s-manga-sales-grew-an-insane-29-in-2016-buying-boom/

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-09-01/my-hero-academia-ranks-no.1-on-u.s-monthly-bookscan-august-list/.120852

nytimes.com/2016/12/05/arts/television/best-tv-shows.html?_r=0

Sure.

Nothing I wrote in that post is inaccurate. Fell free to prove me wrong though
>Those sales are nothing compared to Taizai
The Seven Deadly Sins 27 463,046
Nobody here is falseflagging anything. NnTfags are just really delusional. The bad anime adaptation killed a lot of people's interest in the series alongside Netflix's shitty release in the US so nobody is really all that hyped.

Also even Fairy Tail got two fucking movies both of which flopped hard it doesn't mean anything.

>NnTfags are just really delusional
I was actually referring to grapfag and all the other mouthbreathers that have made it their holy mission to destroy BNHA threads.
But hey, nice to know you are fueling the fire faglord.

I don't care. How pathetic you must be to let a board that exists solely n shitting on what's popular dictate everything?

>ESL
>Shitposter
Yep, checks out.

>Who cares?!?!
>I don't care!!!
Jesus, aren't you an angry faggot.

>Gets proven wrong
>Well I better just shitposter

Hey user, no one cares

More like you don't understand simple concepts, like anime's helping out manga sales and the fact that NnT hasn't had one in like 3 years.

None of those proved your point, only that the anime community has very low standards for popularity. In more mainstream mediums that would be considered a flop. I can name the manga that actually for mainstream success on my finger. Naruto, Bleach, DBZ, Death Note and Attack On Titan. Only people who watch anime know of MHA

It's fantastic.

>like anime's helping out manga sales and the fact that NnT hasn't had one in like 3 years.
2nd seasons rarely increase sales of the source of material also the TV special came out last year and received very little fanfare. Again what are you talking about?
Do you enjoy talking out your ass without proving a point?

>I can name the manga that actually for mainstream success on my finger. Naruto, Bleach, DBZ, Death Note and Attack On Titan
>The ninth volume of Kōhei Horikoshi's My Hero Academia manga ranked at #1 on on Nielsen BookScan's Top 20 list for August. It was one of four My Hero Academia volumes to rank in the top 20.
>#3 — Hajime Isayama's Attack on Titan volume 22
I guess MHA is mainstream then

Still not mainstream or popular. It had no competition. And NnT is still more popular in Japan.

It was an OVA. What were you expecting? My point is that MHA is not mainstream nor popular in the West, which is fact. AoT and OPM had episodes that trended on Twitter.

There is one fact though, that MHA is extremely boring and mediocre which is why most of the board despises it.

>Still not mainstream or popular. It had no competition.

Please continue making a fool out of yourself

> And NnT is still more popular in Japan.
Nope

My Hero Academia 15 542,079
The Seven Deadly Sins 27 463,046

>OVA
>aired on TV
Are you retarded?
>AoT and OPM had episodes that trended on Twitter.
I guess MHA is mainstream then

>MHA is extremely boring and mediocre which is why most of the board despises it.
Thank you for your irrelevant opinion

Yeah, let's ignore the millions of more AoT fans just because they didn't go out and pick up the manga. It could've beaten OP and still would be nowhere near as popular.

Same goes with NnT in Japan. AoT outsold One Piece half year once, going only by that week, I guess AoT could've been considered more popular than OP. Or maybe it just had an anime that was basically help promoting it.

>not worldwide
Cool.

That is worldwide

>Yeah, let's ignore the millions of more AoT fans just because they didn't go out and pick up the manga.
So what you're trying to say is that AoT isn't competition

It most definitely is not.

Nope, just that not as many AoT fans bought the manga in that particular week. Doesn't mean MHA is more popular, AoT is mainstream. Not a cape manga no one outside the tiny anime community bubble knows. Like I said, AoT outsold One Piece half year before in Japan, and OP is still more popular. Same goes for AoT and NnT. Get it?

Nanatsu no Taizai is shonen done right. One of my favorite shonen by far.

The current arc felt like some of the commandments where wasted but with the introduction of the new demons there is a lot of promise. I'm just waiting for the Goddess clan arc.

>Nope, just that not as many AoT fans bought the manga in that particular week.
That's for the month retard.

>Bill Maher
>Trump
>GP Manila
Are you done?

>Nope, just that not as many AoT fans bought the manga in that particular week.
Your logic makes no sense. If AoT is more mainstream than it should be selling more by default period since they came out at the exact same time. You're fighting a losing battle and badly and your own logic is backfiring on you.

Nice nitpick of a minuscule error that in no way refutes my initial point. But seeing as that's the only thing you addressed, I can only guess that you accepted that I'm right for the most part.

Good manga but with horrible mc's (I'm talking about meliodas and elizabeth, I hate them)

>minuscule error
>a week's worth of sales vs a months

Let me get some popcorn so I can read more stupid shit from this user

Brainless fighting manga. Can be fun for what it is but there is not much to think about, literally nothing to glorify since it is as straight forward as shit can get from point A to B

>If AoT is more mainstream than it should be selling more by default period since they came out at the exact same time
Maybe because the vast majority of AoT fans are anime only? And supporting the manga based off the anime is not a concept in the western world. You can't honestly be sitting here arguing that AoT doesn't completely obliterate MHA in popularity? It visibly has millions of more fans. You're covering your eyes trying to evade the truth.

Now you went completely off topic and now trying to make this about typo. Hello, hello, my point still stands and you've yet to debunk it. Keep going user.

>Maybe because the vast majority of AoT fans are anime only?
That's not true either since the manga was on the new york time best sellers list for years
>
>You're covering your eyes trying to evade the truth
Once again
>The ninth volume of Kōhei Horikoshi's My Hero Academia manga ranked at #1 on on Nielsen BookScan's Top 20 list for August. It was one of four My Hero Academia volumes to rank in the top 20.

I don't read the manga: the post.

Your point got destroyed ages ago. Now you're saying that the AoT manga isn't popular now just so that you can't admit that MHA isn't mainstream now.

The power scaling ruined it for me. Best girl Diane is now nothing more than a jobber

New York Times is a perfect example of how miniscule and pathetic US manga sales are. You're arguing about who has a tinier dick. Stop acting these manga are doing numbers overseas.

>Implying i dont
>Try to pretend this shit has some sorta complex character development or plot

People literally read this shit solely for the asspull fights

No? Nice reading comprehension. I clearly said westerners don't support manga sales the same way Japan does, so it's irrelevant counting numbers in the west. Why do you think people only pay attention to Japan sells?

MHA isn't mainstream because no one outside the already small anime community knows about it. AoT reached major audiences and is a lot of people's first anime.

>asspull fights

>New York Times is a perfect example of how miniscule and pathetic US manga sales are.
The New York Times is just a weekly ranking
>I clearly said westerners don't support manga sales the same way Japan does, so it's irrelevant counting numbers in the west.
>Talking about mainstream in the west
>MHA is selling better than AoT in the west
>It doesn't count! Its irrelevant because I say so

Keep it coming

>not reading
Keep it coming.

I don't like the art

>MHA isn't mainstream because no one outside the already small anime community knows about it.

>this is a real argument
lol. Pretty sure no one knew what the fuck that was but him. Stop trying, dude. MHA is as popular as Fate in the west. Known in anime community bubble, not outside of it.

>When you get proven wrong ans still continue to argue

So what is he gong to say next?

>went off topic
Next.

>off topic
>gets proven wrong three times in a row and still continues to shitpost
This is too great

>two anons shitpost hard against the fact that AoT is what a mainstream success is and not MHA
Great, indeed. Delusion at it's finest.

>one user supports evidence while another keep s saying no to every without backing up anything

This is so one-sided it hurts

>asspull fights
Stick to shitting up HxH and BNHA threads

I don't need to back up obvious facts such as. AoT being more popular than MHA.

>I don't need to support the bullshit I claim

Alrighty then.

>but slowly turned in an ureadable mess of powerlevels,
PLs changed nothing. Why are you afraid of numbers?
>reincarnations
Only one character, and thats a curse.
>and people that are half the soul of ancient demons and shit like that.
I don't even know what do you mean by that. Next time read the manga before making assumptions.

>The show
Pretty good but the sun meme gary stu was stupid and almost made me drop it.

>manga
Didn't know there was a manga, probably gonna check it out once I finish the show

>bullshit claim
>AoT being a mainstream success and MHA not
It's like you two faggots live in another realm.

It was fun

You've yet to prove why MHA isn't despite getting BTFO on every turn so why should we listen to you?

The lewd version was better

Every fag that complains about power levels isn't worth arguing with. The fanbase embarrassed these morons too many times already.

>The fanbase embarrassed these morons too many times already.
This fanbase is truly deluded. Just be glad that nobody really cares about this series to shitpost about it

>despite getting BTFO on every turn
>small western manga sale numbers
>objectively wrong claims about MHA being more popular than the biggest hit since Naruto and Death Note

Go say this somewhere else where shit posting isn't the norm and you'll get laughed at.

>small western manga sale numbers
post them
>objectively wrong claims about MHA being more popular than the biggest hit since Naruto and Death Note
Yet volume 9 of the manga still sold more. Funny how that works

Yeah, it's just gets over 500 comments worth of discussion on mangastream (and that's an uneventful chapter) and coverage by some of the biggest reviewers.

Are you a time traveller? Escanor haven't shown up in the anime yet.

>it's just gets over 500 comments worth of discussion on mangastream
>Last thread died before reaching 200 posts
Kek
>and coverage by some of the biggest reviewers.
So nobody

Ear covering and screaming levels of denial.

NNT used to be my ongoing favorite manga by a large, large margin. I haven't given a shit about it since powerlevels were introduced. Constant powerups, bigger and badder enemies when previous ones were hyped to shit as insanely strong, hard Meliodas/Escanor wank, plot is just all over the place.