Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume

Chapter 23-2

In this chapter: Ace's match with the bear results in a breakdown.

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/wrrbwt.7z
youtube.com/watch?v=oIscL-Bjsq4
youtube.com/watch?v=ITtIBqWuBI0
youtube.com/watch?v=A0AAHHJR7xo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's it for this week. Death special Soon™.

Download: my.mixtape.moe/wrrbwt.7z

天狗 doesn't necessarily translate into tengu, by the way. It has an idiomatic meaning which should be clear enough if you are familiar with expressions like 鼻が高い. Here's a dictionary definition: 自慢すること。うぬぼれること。高慢なこと。また、その人。

That line struck me as particularly difficult to translate though, since it is hard to say how much 伏線 Asano intended behind it. I might have gone with something like "perhaps a bit too much (confidence)" while secretly hoping that Asano would play up the overconfidence angle next chapter. But at the same time I think the overconfidence is a red herring and Agari will win anyway.

Good job as always though.

Now that's the Kumani face I wanted to see.

Go away, Hidden Ace. Kumami deserves to be smiling happily at A-chan's side.

Thank you again for the translations, they shall lead me to Nationals.

I am this close to feeling sorry for her

Thanks, I just prefer to err on the side of caution when translating serialized stuff like this since you can never fully know where the author is going with any particular line. I'd rather be more literal and not have any interpretation I give come back to bite me in the ass later.

While we're on the topic of bad translations, that last line by Kumami also left an unpleasant aftertaste when translating it. The raws have "watashi" as furigana to "Hidden Kumami" so it reads as if she's saying "I hate you" and "I hate myself" literally at the same time, but that effect is pretty much impossible to achieve in English so the "myself" part was left merely implied.

I was really only objecting to including the word "tengu" in the translation. The line doesn't have anything to do with tengus, but you did get the actual meaning across nonetheless so I guess I'm just nitpicking.

And yeah, Asano sure likes his stylistic furigana. The worst is probably the Koyori/Kururi match where Koyori uses 私の卓球(ドキドキ) because 私の卓球 and ドキドキ are both recurring phrases and you don't want to drop either of them, but it's also the game winning smash so you don't want to be translating that as pointlessly long sentence since it is meant to be short and to the point. You handled the 裏の紅真深 just fine though, can't expect much better than that.

Ace's tits are going crazy. Shouldn't bouncing up and down like that qualify as bullying?

>So long as nothing occurs to change that...
There will be something happening right. I really hope Agari will win this.

DID
NOTHING
WRONG

Thanks as always!

Bump for ACE-induced mindbreak of Kumami.
Convert her back to tanoshii.
Defeated enemies always become friends, right?

>defeated
Kiruka doesn't feel the same >Convert her back to tanoshii.
Soon.

Surprisingly enough she's not blaming Koyori anymore. How does that work with the next chapter being about Kumanosuke/Hidden Kumami going wild?

Bear needs that friendship fix very soon. Great character but she can never catch a break.

I forgot who Koyori is even playing next.
Hard for that match to top Bear vs ACE.

Koyori will never play again, her manga was hijacked. No more tanoshii, only Kumami.

>filename
Let's not forget the biggest dick of all and true hidden culprit behind all of this psychotic bear shenanigans.

Was she cursed by the universe in exchange for the amount of screentime she got?
>Get inside the ping pong Kumami
>no
>Just do it
>ok
>Good. Now you're the villain
>youtube.com/watch?v=oIscL-Bjsq4

prediction: tearful ACE cuddling

Chapters in which a character plays a proper, on-screen Ping Pong match:
Agari - 1, 2, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20-1, 20-2, 21, 22-1, 22-2, 22-3, 23-1, 23-2 = 15
Kumami - 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20-1, 20-2, 21, 22-1, 22-2, 22-3, 23-1, 23-2, tie-in = 13 (+1 special)
Kiruka - 2, 11, 12, 13, 14 = 5
Munemune - 11, 12, 13, 14 = 4
Koyori - 0, 1, 4, 5, 7.5, tie-in = 3 (+3 specials)
Hokuto - 9, 10 = 2
Hanabi - 0, 8 = 1 (+1 special)

Koyori is basically a bonus character at this point.

How do you even de escalate that sort of antagonism? ACE is too much of a competitive faggot and Kumami has gone too far to pick up the pieces.

Maybe the healing can come from Kohime but she looks too manipulative for that. She also cheats.

It's like Asano realized he fucked up by skipping Agari's match in the first tournament so he gave her more screentime than Kiruka Munemune Koyori Hokuto and Hanabi.

Sum up a character the fastest you can.

Kumami

STOP

I see a recent surge in stories trying to redeem villains who would be unredeemable before. Well, now I hope Ace is humble in victory and acknowledge the bear as an important step towards her final goal.

More DESS when?

Two characters.

>villain
Kumami is the deuteragonist.

youtube.com/watch?v=ITtIBqWuBI0 thread theme

ACE is the deuteragonist.

It's too late to go back

Yes. The other one.

The other one is Koyori.

It's not NTR anymore, just regret now.

Who's that? A new character?

You're going to take that back when she utterly destroyed Kohime in 1 chapter so we wouldn't waste anymore chapter on this match.

Hanabi keeps making me smile.

Yes, it also amuses me how can one individual be such a jobbing loser.

Why can't they just share the ACE?

Are you serious? ACE is going to walk up to Kumami and happily ask for a hug for a good match. ACE is overjoyed that she could finally play Kumami for real.

Dubs say the truth. Get ready for more crazy bear shenanigans next chapter.

Not that guy and I'm hoping for that. But it really doesn't help that ACE still seems to get butthurrt whenever Kumami had an upper hand.

If she wins it's more likely she'd go "MY WIN FAGGOT" like always. Kumami and Koyori are the ones who hug, not the other way around.

Different schools

BEST
GIRL

>we will never get to see happy bear cheering for A-chan from the same team

>Kururi comes back to teach the meaning of friendship for a happy ending
>in the end we were dess all along a-chan
>youtube.com/watch?v=A0AAHHJR7xo plays

Please please please defeat means recruitment. ;_;

Ace has never done that though, she might get butthurt when she loses (that one time) but when Koyori lost she always got worried if there was something wrong with her and she didn't do that to Zakuro either.

Why don't they just leave school then?

That'd be kind of a dick move to transfer again but they didn't show Kumami interact much with her new teammates which is odd. Maybe she's really coming back to replace the Dog.

She did it when she beat Koyori after ep3 and in the Kumami flashbacks.
I don't think she's the type to rub salt in the wound but she's not the GG WP type either. Maybe she's changed since that time under Koyori's influence, but it doesn't seem too likely.

>Death special Soon™

I bet she will dess 30-25 times.

Is this Sakamoto?

To be fair, the flashbacks were from before Koyori initiated her into the arcane art of having fun. I think Agari has been pretty good about losing (and winning) ever since she lost to Koyori at the beginning.

This current match is good evidence that ace still doesn't take losing to well.
I was hoping she'd cool her shit first before dishing out counterattack, not the other way around. But alas, the author left me disappointed.

a big, moist, sweaty, juicy hug

Her opponent was a bitch whose main goal was to make her cry though, not exactly a friendly match.

But Kumami mostly kept to herself. If anything had ACE kept her cool and enjoyed the match like she did with Koyori it'd have made bear lost her shit sooner, resulting in ACE's gain.

It might be different nowadays but things have gotten so heated it's hard to tell. But with all the celebrating and smug I don't think she'd go for the hug. That's the opposite of Kumami who doesn't care much about the result and more about the hug.

To be fair she almost got lovegamed twice after talking big.

She asked for it. Kumami just stopped holding back she still is

>She asked for it
Also this. I forgot that ACE was basically asking to get her ass handed to her.

Bear likes cool ACE too.

The real problem is that ACE started the whole thing by breaking down everytime things didn't go her way so Kumami thought she'd break if she played her seriously. And maybe she really would before Koyori converted her to tanoshii. Kumami getting boners just made her feel guilty enough to transfer but it didn't make the situation worse otherwise.

Maybe cool wasn't the correct choice of word. I mean something along line of those tanoshii dokidoki shit when she plays with Koyori. But instead she just kept breaking down and fed Kumami even more like you said.
Then again I guess that's part of her character.

She just gets really invested in the game. Even in the flashbacks she was a good friend to Kumami whenever she finished crying. She might give a smug victory cheer, but she'll meet her outside the venue to shake hands and ask for another match sometime.

It doesn't matter, Agari won't win this anyway. Kiruka killed it. The lesson here is to never say "everything should be alright".

>Kiruka killed it
You mean Hokuto.

Because senpai is a jobber?

Why not just add a translation note? Not in heated moments obviously but it doesn't kill the flow of normal dialogues

Someone post the Spurdo edit.

What's a Tengu?

A translation note isn't necessary. Tengu is a word with (at least) two distinct definitions, one being the youkai and the other being what I mentioned in . Although the second definition is loosely related to the first one, in this case that doesn't actually matter and there is no need to mention the word tengu in the translation at all. It's like how in English, the expression "pulling one's leg" has nothing to do with legs and if you were translating it into another language forcing the word leg into it would lead to something awkward at best and incorrect at worst. Regarding stylistic furigana, most of the time it's possible to write around it and capture both meanings in the English translation, but there are times when this is very difficult. Typically it is used to add a certain nuance to a word and in my opinion just spelling out what was intended is actually taking the translation further away from the original Japanese. A translation note might be appropriate sometimes, but in this case I don't think so.

BEAR NAMEK WILL NEVER END!

Oh I see. Thanks for the details

Japanese demon or something
I think they have a sword too

A tengu has a long nose and in Japanese a long nose is associated with pride, as in the expression 鼻が高い. So tengu picked up the second definition of proud or conceited or possibly arrogant, depending on the context.

Looks like it's ending soon. We're in for one (maybe two if they're pushing it) more twists before the healing.

So what does this Tengu have in common with ACE's tits literally defying the law of gravity there?

>Agari turned into a japanese jew