Is Pitou a well-written character?

Is Pitou a well-written character?

About as well written as The Simpsons.

it had no time to shine, the king crisis didn't let much choice to humans but to stomp all that development

No, Pitou broke the HxH universe with their power being bullshit and killing Kite.

>barely been alive
>little experience outside
>little knowledge or experience with Nen
>somehow managed to kill a far more experienced, nen using Hunter who is one of the top ranked and only friend to Ging.

Kubo did it better with the Arrancars and Grimmjow than Togashi did with The Chimera Ants and Poitou.

obviously not

Don't know
Never read HxH
I wanna fuck whatever it is though

I was thinking of making a thread about this too.
Poor girl, I really felt bad for the fate she was handed.

Pitou is my well-smitten wife

That moment when she finds Mereum holding onto a dying Komugi.
Where he begs her to save her. When she bursted into tears silently as she finally understood the worth of protecting the weak, to have sympathy for others!
The remorse she felt telling Gon that Kite is dead after coming to understand Gon's feelings. Her loyalty!
She's like my female version of Juza from FotNS. She was a A class character. my dude.

What's a well-written character?

go to reddit if you just want to gush about stupid shit, OP.

Pitou is a fucking dude you trapfags

I wish most manga was written as well as golden age Simpsons.

Obviously Mereum is a chick since we don't see a dick.

Gotta love an ant girl with good taste.

Did that faggot Togashi ever confirm Pitou's gender?

No, he's a well-smashed ant.

Tbh, there needs to be more sauce of her.

>She

Obviously?

Pitou is the best girl and is my wife

I thought that was what the tail was for

Is that why he liked to point it at Komugi so much?

Pre sneed or post sneed?

Shitty plot device
The only good hing about her is how she allowed Gon's character to turn into a brainlet filter

Tail

She was a good foil to Gon

Gon's foil was Meruem

>tfw it's poufs fault that pitou's dead

what a bastard

But they never even interacted.

You mean Killua?

its a trap

That's fine

Pitou is the perfect example of Schrodinger's Dong at work.

Come to think of it, yeah
But still present some verĂ¡ intentional parallels and contrast

Pitou made for a great contrast for Gon. The both of them were slipping away into each others role so seamlessly.

What a great son of a bitch.

yep, she's female.

>HxH
>well-written
Suuuuuuuure.

Yeah actually, that makes perfect sense.

Komugi is to Pitou what Kite is to Killua. Although they don't have any strong feelings towards the people in question, it's their relationship to the person they hold most dear (Meruem and Gon respectively) that they are willing to would risk blood and limbs over.

It makes me fully appreciate the dark reversal of roles between Gon and Meruem. Memes and shit posts aside, I really love this series.

I hate being a brainlet

I never would have connected those dots

bravo togashi

Hm. Gets my noggin jogging if Pouf and Youpi have parallels with anyone in the castle storming team.

One of the few times someone noticed the good writing in hxh

That is way better than my comparison

of course not, pouf's untouchable faggotry is transcendental and youpi is a non-character so he couldn't make parallels by default.

F L A T

I don't think Pouf has any parallel but he serves his role as being the most "ant-like" among the guards while he looks almost entirely human.

And I liked Youpi's gradual transition from just a brute to a fighter that actually uses his brain and actually being grateful to the opposing force to help him realize it.

Pouf is Killua, the fag that gets cucked.

Ha!
Yeah Youpi's evolution was cool from how he went from a kind of mindless mook to a horse riding knight with a code of honor.

If only Morel figured out his plan during the smoke jail and killed him

Yes. A copout would have been her running away from Gon, even calling it fan pandering for keeping a popular character alive. Her character never deviated from what was established, but instead evolved into a more sympathetic yet devoted shitty kitty.

Her design is still way more appealing than his character.

Pitou should have turned tail and run away the second Komugi was safe. Gon would have eventually forgiven her and we'd have cat shenanigans. In some other world maybe...

H I A T U S

Its not fair, Gon would've dropped his grudge as soon as he learned Kite was reborn. We have people like Killua who has killed hundreds and is from a family of assassins that have probably killed over a million innocent lives throughout the generations but they get a free pass.

>a family of assassins that have probably killed over a million innocent lives.

Holy moly, Batman

They have been around for like 300 years with that old turtle grandpa who probably isn't even the founder.

Don't be retarded. What's actually nonsensical is that Pitou didn't just immediately turn around and slice Gon's throat once she got the phone call.

A kingless Pitou would be fine if Komugi was alive to protect by proxy. Since she's not, high chance Pitou would off herself after a long spell of depression, or stay alive if she were to stay and learn from RatKite to give Gon maximum closure. Any other situation with her being alive is story interference for fanservice. 99% chance from the beginning Pitou was going to end up dead at the end of the arc.

well-written implies they are a major character with plenty of screen time, characterization, and depth

Get over it Gon, Kite will never be the same again.

Enjoy being a maladjusted nenless twelve-year-old.

>300 years

Wat? Zzigg being Netero's contemporary means he's around 100. Same goes for Maha.

Even if it were 300, that number is ridiculous. You'd have to have an actual number of the amount of assassination per year for that to make any sense.

Even if Gon is nenless he is still superhuman strong compared to the majority of the population within Mobius Lake. Remember what he was like before nen?

The Zoldyck family most likely didn't start with Maha meaning there were other assassins before him. If they've been around lets say 1000 years and with bullshit nen abilities it wouldn't be surprising if they've overall murdered a million people.

Based on what? Are assassinations carried out like conquest and they just wipe out thousands of people?

She couldn't. Like Youpi and unlike that spineless Pouf, she grew as a character. Now in hindsight, yes, she did the worst possible move for herself.

So pretty good?

Literally nothing happened between this page and the phone call that would have caused Pitou to "grow" or change her mind.

>Enjoy being a maladjusted nenless twelve-year-old.....that's right on the cusp of puberty and living with THIS

She shouldn't of overestimated Gon's potential, Post Rose Meruem would've wrecked Gon-san. All she had to do was not say anything to him and leave, he would've just sulked there until Killua showed to try to cheer him up.

Gon wouldn't have any reason to turn Gon-san for Meruem unless he killed Killua or something like that.

While the Chimera Ant arc was probably the best arc in manga alongside some great side characters, the Chimera Ants got completely BTFO by humanity. Pouf would kill himself if he saw that their king died and that the entire arc basically led to the rest of the majority of their race being a bitch to the most fabulous fag that can actually mess with Ging.

Don't fuck with humanity.

The character change began the moment Meruem told Pitou to heal Komugi. Actually, I think it happened around the time Meruem asked what his name was.

The plan was always to kill Gon but she has learned to extend empathy from her recent experience.

DELETE THIS

It's kind of funny how I ended up sympathizing at least with all of the royal guard and the king except for this guy.

I hate this guy.

>4 main villains of the arc
>only one of them is actually beaten in a fight
why does Togashi keep doing this

Pouf is an irredeemable piece of shit, even the Phantom Troupe members are more sympathetic and that's saying something.

>Pouf would kill himself if he saw that their king died
He would have killed himself too if Meruem had lived and he had ended up changing the diapers of Komugi's chidren.

He probably had it the worst in the end though with the king completely snubbing him and not saying a word to him after the wolf spilled the beans. He just sat there and died all alone in the field while being mindbroken

I'm more amazed that everyone in the Ant smashing team survived.

"Cat shinanigans"
I think these comics were made for your wish fulfillment, my dude.

>Everyone on Gon's side survived
>Netero

Pitou was dead the second the King was contagious. Even if at that point there were multiple realities where she ran from Gon or killed him and run or killed him and ran from Killua-San she would have eventually made her way to the king before being taken to Komugi. He would try to convince her to leave just like he did to Komugi but unlike that bitch Pouf who separated from the king after he was disillusioned, she would have offered to cure them, both parties knowing she would be a goner as well. She guaranteed would have died after the king but before Komugi, all three in the room instead.

Bruh, Netero died. As for allies, Palm was technically dead, and Kite should have died if it wasn't for O MY SLOTS or O MY FAGGOGENESIS.

You don't get it. Pitou knew damn well that she COULD have killed Gon in that moment before departing to the hideout. But she didn't, because Komugi was still under Gon's control, and there was the danger that Gon's sharpened senses would detect an attack and eliminate Komugi in retaliation before Pitou could recover her. "Empathy" wasn't the thing stopping Pitou in this scenario.
Then later when Pitou got the phone call in the hideout, under the impression that Komugi was safe, there was really no reason for her to continue walking instead of slicing Gon right there and then.

just at the beginning

But she didn't slice Gon up immediately after getting the call from Pouf though.

I know, I'm saying she had no reason not to in that moment. It was just dumb.

Her design sure changed over the years.

She definitely turned cuter.

Not really, she felt honor bound to see it through since Gon let her heal Komugi.

She even said it herself, I don't know what the user is talking about.

Not only that but he opened the testing gates and climbed the world tree without nen

So it started using Dr Blythe for plastic surgery?

>O MY SLOTS
That was the height of bullshit. Kind of just messes up one of the while theme of the arc. And made pitous death just pointless. I'm not saying she did nothing wrong, but it kind of made the whole reason gon killed her moot and no one ever bring it up again. I hope Kite actually does something important if he's going to be back.

Yeah I know, it's like Genkai all over again only with more bullshit. Maybe Togashi should have had Pitou live and replaced that Koala no one really cared about with her.

Do people really consider Pitou vs Gon the best fight of HxH?