Anime Look Back: Tiger & Bunny

Tiger and Bunny aired in the Spring of 2011. I recall it had pretty positive response from both Japanese audiences and Sup Forums at the time. What do you think about it looking back almost 7 years later?

I personally thought it was a fun ride at the time, and it had a very unique look to it that still holds up, and while the CGI suits can be jarring, it doesn't seem horribly out of place. I feel like they could have used two seasons to flesh out the world somewhat and go down a few of the paths the anime started. The show ends with everyone more or less happy but nothing is ever revealed about the big bad organization.

Overall I'd say it's a solid 8/10. It won't ever be considered one of the greats, but if you've got spare time for an older show, definitely check it out.

Other urls found in this thread:

thisissternbild.com/2011/08/27/for-fun-the-recipe/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm amazed how well the studio dropped the ball on this show.

>Still no S2
>Lunatic still hasn't faced justice

Don't hold your breath, not only are elevens overwhelmingly in favor of capital punishment, it's being carried out by a beautiful hallucinating man with a tragic past and severe chuunibyou voiced by the beloved Yusa Kouji.

I love how the movie shows the public won't let Kotetsu forget that they know his identity now.

It was a good show, so was the threads about it, a shame the studio simply didn't capitalize on its success and made a S2.

Now it doesn't really matter anymore as OPM and BnHA already have the hero niche well occupied.

This show is fantastic

>looking back almost 7 years later
Jesus it's hard to believe it's already been seven years

Show got a little gay at times but it was pretty solid. Fantastic ending 1.

One of the great things about this show was that it was as much of a story of an underdog as the show was an underdog in real life. Handed off to Sunrise's D-team it defied all expectations and became a breakaway hit running purely on the hearts of the creators, beating out the other flagship series that Sunrise had out that season. The way Sunrise refused to admit that their main series failed while this black sheep succeeded and that they had made a misstep was a shame though.

They allowed two movies to be made though.

I also remember this season in particular on Sup Forums for it beating the IRC crew that was trolling the board the board at the time. Both Steins;Gate and this show, especially this show since it seemed like experimental CGI fujobait making it an easy mark, were, suprisingly, wildly popular and they were unable to outpace the fandoms with their standard copypasta trolling.
I remember not seeing their trolling as much for a few seasons following that.

>but if you've got spare time for an older show,
>older show
I wouldn't consider 2011 to be an older show.

>2011 was 6 years ago

Seems like an example of greed overcoming pride.

It was my favorite show in 2011. I loved all the characters, it was actually funny (largely because most of the humor wasn't manzen), the CGI was well implemented for the time even if it was a little jarring still. Real tragedy that they failed so hard to capitalize on it. I remember some likely BS rumors that Sunrise wasn't expecting it to be a hit so internally they were trying to make things hard on the team because ??? (I don't think the rumormonger actually clarified this).

here is what I'm recalling

My autism made me go looking for those old rumors.
thisissternbild.com/2011/08/27/for-fun-the-recipe/

This was the best pair of character songs. Are we in agreement?

All I know is it has gotten it's own section at Comiket because the fujoshi go wild over it