>STILL no English dub
What gives?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CPRmNlbXPKk
youtube.com/watch?v=cNs2Z9F9s80
youtube.com/watch?v=ZgJ8zad7Tbs
youtube.com/watch?v=Mh85CCQ_BTk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

most of the comedy comes from the voice actors, I don't think an English dub could pull it off, it wouldn't be funny

THen why not just get good English VAs?

Still no season 3 either

OP, it got a Tagalog dub.
youtube.com/watch?v=CPRmNlbXPKk

>dub

>Konosuba
>the most popular anime in recent memory
That seems incorrect, no matter how popular your reddit loli is.

good english VA's get 6 figure movie contracts, they wouldnt bother with some anime

kill yourself teenbro

$$$

Dumb Phoneposter.
Dumb Aquaposter.
Get out.

Die, teen.

>STILL no English dub
English dubs sounds like SHIT.

So this is nu Sup Forums

he thinks this is epic bait you know

That... actually sounds good. Is English just a shitty language overall?

>literally WANTING dubs for konosuba
No.

>English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over, and rummages through their pockets for loose grammar.
>he doesn't like dickass thief the language

Why do you keep making this thread?

Ok I'll admit Aqua's VA is pretty good

I like

I'll make it until the English dub gets announced. I find it astounding that shit like Hajimete no Gal gets dubbed, but when it comes to Konosuba, a much more popular show, no one even wants to TRY, even after two seasons.

That's because Hajimete no Gal is a shit show and dubbers, being retarded as they are, can somehow pull it off without fucking up too much since the show is already bad. You're gonna need some big bucks for Konosuba, and you won't find it on Sup Forums.

See the thing is that other languages have a professional dubbing industry owing to the fact that the anglosphere produces a fuckton amount of entertainment, all of which has to be dubbed in order to be distributed in their country. This gives the VAs alot of practice, and allows the dubs to be produced at an affordable price.

English VAs on the other hand are split into two types, there are the pretty good ones who are basically actors and thus demand being paid like an actor to do dub work (IE basically unaffordable by most dubs), and then there are the amateurs and ones who aren't good enough to cut it as an actor who are willing to work for an affordable pay, but at the same time is also pretty shit.

This leads to most English dubs being shit.

I wish I could stab you, you shitnigger.

Shut the fuck up, Aqua.

PUTANG INA MO BOBO

>What gives?
The grace of god.

When will teens leave the Konosuba community?

just thinking about how bad a dub would be is making me want to end it

That's a pretty good Aqua

Pinoy Aqua is excellent, the actress is really into it

A major problem of English dubs are not really the VAs but the directors and translators, and as on later years scheledules.

If you put a VA in a cabin with little to not context to do their lines, and on top of that no retakes because you are Funimation and decided simuldubs are a good idea and you have 349329468 anime in queue you are gonna get horrible results.

Also this habit of translating, then handing it over to an editor to make it "spicier" "up to date" or whatever, which often leads to mood changes in the scenes or the actor getting the wrong idea.

That explains why recent dubs are shit, but that doesn't excuse why they are shit even before this whole simulcast dubs thing existed.

I would argue that dubs got 300% shittier than they were before in the last three years, there's a couple of old dubs I find watchable. Even there's a few dubbed songs I thought were fine. Now they don't do songs anymore and bet it's because they can't afford singers or lyricist and time.

300% shittier doesn't mean that the old dubs weren't shit, just that the new ones are worst. There's a reason people keep bringing up Cowboy bebop or FMA as examples whenever people ask for good dubs, because there's literally nothing else that can be used as an example between them and now.

Relax user, the JP version still exists.

Bobobo
Hetalia
DBZ
Naruto

There's plenty of good dubs out there. There's also plenty of average dubs that don't stick in your head as much as the awful dubs do. It's like when people say "60s music was better", when what they actually mean is "the very best of 60s music was better than the mix of good/bad music today."

>DBZ
>Naruto
Dropped.

>there's plenty of good dubs
>name 4 shows
Whoa, you really proved him wrong. Seriously when dubfags point to the same 10-15 shows released irregularly over the last 25 years maybe there's a problem with the dub industry. It's sad that simple things like acting, good scriptwriting, and good direction are so scarce that when a dub actually has a tiny modicum of effort put into it, dubfags immediately proclaim to be better than the original.

Anyways, if dubfags actually watched something other than popular entry-level shit they'd realize that there are way more trash dubs than "good" or even decent ones, especially in the mid 90s-early 00s.

How about you read past the four titles, baka? I said there's plenty of okay dubs out there; I just can't name them all because they're not very memorable as dubs. SAO, Attack on Titan, and Boku no Hero are all alright, and I only remembered those because the shows themselves are mainstream as fuck.

konosuba is a very problematic show, I don't think they'd even air it on western televisions

>DBZ
>Naruto
>Good dubs
And this is how I know you are retarded.

Good luck with your autism, user.

>SAO...Boku no Hero are all alright
>Main leads that can't emote for shit
>MC that sounds like he's five instead of fifteen
>alright
Ha ha, good one, now how about you actually bring up examples of actually good dubs, you know, assuming you can find any and aren't just trusting that mainstream shows must have good dubs.

>>Konosuba is the most popular anime in recent memory
Making shitty pseudo-generals on Sup Forums months after the season 2 anime finished doesn't count.

>good
>eng VAs

This

Only like to watch anime with subs, all dubs Ive seen have terrible american VA, besides which sometimes the subs are freaking hilarious

>So why not just live on Mars?

Why can't the mods just make an example of these faggots like the good old days

That's simply how Westerners talk. Japanese tend to overact, while Americans tend to underact. If Americans said their lines the same way the Japanese did, it would sound weird.

I didn't understand a single word except purification but I still liked it. Why can't all dubs be like this? That would make them a little bit more acceptable

Aquafag spotted.

It lost to Kemono Friends, that's what.

Kemono Friends doesn't have a dub, either

Sounds like you're just making excuses for the fact that Western VA's can't get into character. That one scene from the Filipino dub contains more passion to the work than most dubbers ever express in their entire carrier.

> DBZ
maybe Kai. definitely not original Z
youtube.com/watch?v=cNs2Z9F9s80

Try speaking to someone in English with anime inflections. You'll sound retarded, I guarantee it.

>OP wants good comedy to be replaced with the staffs political views
Quit being a fucking faggot, OP.

Yeah, I'll do that the moment you stop making excuses for shit acting.

Watch Steven Universe, Teen Titans, or Young Justice. There is literally NO difference in quality between those and American anime dubs. You're just butthurt that it's not in the language you first watched it in.

>There is literally NO difference in quality between those and American anime dubs

FUCKING WHEN

You only need one VA, why hasn't it happened yet?

Is this a fan dub? Wanna know how megumin sounds like.
sana ok lang boses nya

>wanting an English dub

Off yourself.

Dubs arent that bad. I have been watching them for ages, and I have found quite a few good ones.

>Konosuba is the most popular anime in recent memory
Pretty delusional desu

>Maid dragon dubs full of SJW shit
SJWs don't like Konosuba

How did 91 Days get a dub? I thought that show bombed.

>Keifer Sutherland as Kazuma

Oh look, it's Rebecca (((Silverman))), I guess she only airs out her religion when she's about to get triggered because a show has nazis in it

>full of SJW shit
it was just one line, wasn't it?

Yeah, all their women reviewers always have to make it about sexism, especially Rebecca Ekens or something. You would think they would know what demographic in Japan purchases the most anime and how they use it as escapism. Theon has been around so long on the site he is pretty much the only person you can trust on anime opinion.

>STILL no English dub
Thank god. If there's one thing we don't need here it's more Sup Forums cancer.

>the thing that really drags down the show is its jaw-droppingly garbage animation
I like how this guy seems to be the only one in this list that thinks its bad while everyone else praises it. Is he trying to be contrarian on purpose?

Well, I think they thought that it would be another baccano scenario. An american maffia show that bombs in Japan, but becomes a cult thing in America. And the dub for 91 days was objectively better than sub. Nope can't do accents, so their forgein characters sound weird and wrong. Watching 91 days with dub was a weor expirience. It's like an anime, that has nothing anime or japanese in it. No japanese language, characters, setting, superpowers, teen moralfags etc.

>jack black, Steve buscemi, Jim carry or rob schnider as Kazuma.

>Tsukihime got a dub
What? I heard it exists, but I thought it was an urban myth

Yup, it exists.

I actually want to see more of this, especially with Megumin shouting 'EKOSPLOSHUN!'

Huh, top tier eng VAs for that one

God filipino voices are such shit (aqua surprisingly sounds good though), but the acting is good

The only reason dubs are shit is because most anime studios don't want to spend a decent amount to get a quality dub. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, since so many anime fans take hating dubs as an article of faith and refuse to buy them dubbed anyway. The honest truth is the majority of dubs are passable - not exceptional but at the least, watchable. But even daring to suggest that dubs have merit on the whole is heresy in most anime communities including here on Sup Forums.

Personally, if I want to read an anime I'll just find the manga. I prefer any dub that isn't exaggeratedly, noticeably bad to the point where it's distracting. Subs are annoying because every second I spend reading the sub is a second not spent enjoying the artwork and animation. I don't really mind the fact that every anime dub sounds the same because there's only a limited pool of VAs that consistently do anime work. Maybe that's just me, maybe I can tune out same-voice syndrome more than most people.

While there is some truth to the idea that comedy is harder to dub than drama, there are enough well-dubbed comedies out there to disprove the notion that comedy can't be dubbed. I suspect too many anime fans compare dubs to the original instead of appreciating the dub on its own merit, separately; I suspect this is a major reason why 'casual' anime fans who see the dub first tend to rate dubs more highly than dedicated anime fans who watch the original sometimes a year or more before the dub is produced.

Because Hiro just BTFO the mods over neogaf

I want S3, fuck dub.

S3 would be shit though

>show that's good largely because of high quality voice acting
>let's dub it!

Dubs in languages other than English can be really good. Arabic dubs are pretty much god-tier, sometimes better than the original
youtube.com/watch?v=ZgJ8zad7Tbs
youtube.com/watch?v=Mh85CCQ_BTk

>konosuba is a very problematic show, I don't think they'd even air it on western televisions
It doesn't need to be on television. Toonami's ratings are garbage because anime fans watch online and DVD. Shimoneta and Prison School got DVD releases and they're FAR worse than Konosuba.

The good English VAs work in western produced cartoons and video games. Every time a good VA pops up in an anime dub it's only a matter of time before they move on.

>complains about reading
>makes a wall of text
tldr lol

>a handful of sentences is a "wall of text"
>literally one post
Fucking Americans.

Reading subtitles has made me such a fast reader.

Sup Forums dubs konosuba

Azumanga Daioh had a good dub. But it may be more difficult to do a dub that has a range of emotions.

I don't watch dubs, so I don't know, how do they usually translate lolicon and such? That bath scene with megumin made me think of this

Is that a cartoon Sound of Music?

>Konosuba is the most popular anime in recent memory
>dub
Huh?

The problem is that the talent pool in Western dubbing is bottom of the barrel as opposed to Japanese seiyuu who are rock stars in comparison because the Japanese anime industry is huge. Now if actual talented people did the dubbing, say actual Hollywood actors like the ones that do Pixar and Disney movies, we'd be having a different conversation. If you really think that reading subs are that distracting, it's your prerogative, but the difference in quality between performances is night and day. It has nothing with the genre being comedy or drama, the voice actors are just amateurs from cons and overall untalented compared to even the lowest tier seiyuu.