youtu.be/pYwAbBI0r5o

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1b2CtgkwJQA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>burgerzilla design
dropped

>the half century war will never get an OVA
shit move japan

the awful 3D wasn't the turn off? just the godzilla design?

>no taste

that last scene in the trailer seems like Godzilla looks fine when he isn't taking up 900% of the screen

>awful CG
>shit Godzilla design
>shit designs for everything
>cookie cutter revenge protag
>Uro
Everything about this looks bad. Even if the concept is interesting, there's no way the budget will allow for them to do anything fun with it.

That 3D animation / designs on those people

>the half century war will never get an OVA
Why most you hurt me like this.

What is that dude so angry about?

Godzilla killed his parents

>Kaiju Hunter anime never

I think people that refuse to watch things because of CG are childish. Sure it's not as good as 2D animation but it's perfectly acceptable in the visual medium. Houseki no Kuni for example might easily be AotS this season.

Apologize

I want to have sex with a rock

It could be decent if the framerate is high enough. I remember it being pretty terrible in Sidonia.

For what? I would literally suck his dick because of how amazing Shin Goji was.

I already did it last year

This is like the most boring Hollywood take of Godzilla ever. Even the cast reeks boring with all dudes and one girl

What?

No.

I won't forgive him for not including the true hero of the Godzilla franchise into his one chance at kaijukino.

It really feels like they're fishing for a Hollywood adaptation, All You Need is Kill style.

Sure but this sidonia style of cgi is garbage, even with all that budget it looks like garbage.

That would be fine honestly.

>Hey hollywood, your Goji movie sucked, could you make it more like this one pls?

Except Hollywood obviously won't do that unless the Monsterverse fails, so...

Netflix?

It really just feels generic and easily digestible by the foreign market for no reason. Godzilla's human characters were never really complex, but this sort of edgy angry MC is really alien to the Godzilla franchise.

>GODZILLA KILLED MY PARENTS

He also killed all life on the planet, but sure, go whine about your specific loss of life as if nobody around you has the same sob story.

It was fine, though.

>A FUCKING PLANT

>A FUCKING LIZARD

Problem?

>but this sort of edgy angry MC is really alien to the Godzilla franchise.
Ahab in Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla was upset about Godzilla killing his brother

Point, but he's not an angsty teenager.

Nah, it was just his friend.

>we're gonna attack gojira with shitty little tanks and mechs and flying bikes
>what could go wrong

NOT MUH ZILLA

Trailer CG actually looked p good, that skreonk looked a bit iffy tho

Hoping it stays good

is this the best godzilla toon?

youtube.com/watch?v=1b2CtgkwJQA

excuse me

>Godzuki

Not burgerzilla, treezilla.

I'm sorry

So, is this in the future? Have any Godzilla setting been like this before?

If they held off the War of the Monsters until the very end it would have been the perfect send off for the series. Such a shame it was on when Pokemon and Digimon were going head to head.
That one was so fucking terrible Jesus Christ.

>Butcher
dropped

Destroy All Monsters

From the duplicate thread:

I thought the quality of a Godzilla flick was inversely proportional to the amount of screen time the human cast has.

>but what about Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla 2?

Exceptions don't disprove the rule!
Actually, with all the similar titles, I don't know if you're talking about the second showa Mecha-Goji movie (boring), or the millennium Mecha-Goji (not bad!).

Well, that's a game, so I take that as a no, this might be interesting.

>this might be interesting.

It's a trilogy and they only showed what happens in the first 40 minutes.
The trailer looks standard but this is not going to be what people are expecting.

I think the most interesting thing about this is that humans are so close to extinction, there is less than 5000 humans alive at the point of the movie.

Wut, doesn't Godzilla always protect humanity when its close to extinction?
>there is less than 5000 humans alive at the point of the movie.
Godzilla is a neet now or what happened.

This iteration of Godzilla loves human genocide more than anything.

He massacred humans until there are about 700 million, but only 15,000 escaped earth.
10,000 went into a super long journey to a planet 1400 light years away and the remaining 5000 went to a much closer planet but it turned out to be inhabitable and now they're back to reclaim earth.

And let's not forget the alien population, there might well be less than 5000 humans alive.

>This iteration of Godzilla loves human genocide more than anything.
Oh for fuck's sake, what did humanity do this time?

>Godzilla
>Huge franchise that is incredibly popular, especially in Japan
>This is the best CGI they could come up with
it's like for every step forward they do with cgi, they take another step back next time.

>Destroy All Monsters
>a game
WHAT

What about those part with the American presidential candidate who can't even speak English?

So these movies will end with the MC using love to fight Godzilla? I hope?

You took the words right out of my mouth

Nothing. Kaijus started appearing since the 90s and then Godzilla showed up and started killing everything even the kaijus.

MC is a red herring. He's going to get replaced by Akane.
The movie is going to be about something else entirely in the end.

Well excuse me, I only took 2 seconds to google it and the top results were the game.

What the fuck even was this?

Shit, like everything Anno did since Cutie Honey.

>he didn't like Shin Godzilla
How does it feel to be a pleb?

boooo!

How does it feel to like poorly written campy B-films ?

>How does it feel to like poorly written campy B-films ?
You just described Godzilla movies in general.

The first one wasn't like that.

No shit, the first one was a horror film commentary on nuclear power.

3dpd cgi just doesn't translate well from anime. They need to stop trying to fool us into thinking we're watching anime. Just make a CG movie, and make it look good according to what the technology is capable of. It's not anime. It shouldn't try to be anime

godzilla in hell needs an OVA

One of the reason Houseki no Kuni looks more crisp is because Orange uses a metric fuck ton of 2d in their CG, something a lot of other CG studios have yet to start doing.

>>Huge franchise that is incredibly popular, especially in Japan
Don't overstate it. It's more like reasonably popular in Japan and marginally popular in Burgerland only. In the rest of the world, not even that.

I know, that's implying the rest of the world matters.

Will my girl Mothra make an appearance

That OST is so fucking offbase, what the hell?

Neither can you, that post was hard to read.

>Polygon
How is it that the other major cgi studios have figured out how to model heads and faces without them looking off, but Polygon refuses

Godzilla is evolving throughout the movie. They also hint that he represents a god many times.

So his next evolution would be to become a human like species that would spread and take over.

has japan finally jumped the shark?

>Featuring Old Black American Screaming Guy.

>Urobuchi
What kind of retarded plot twist will this Godzilla have?

>forget to type an s
>somehow this makes the post hard to read
Are you literally retarded?

Calm down, ESL.

Urobuchi's works have only one twist, so it will be revealed that Godzilla was a mutated human all along,

No.

Godzilla in Hell would've been a fun to to see animated.

They already announced that Godzilla is a huge plant though

>impying that's a problem
Hence the twist. Get ready for some human brains in there somewhere.

>let's remove the interpolation between keyframes/render out everything as a low as fuck framerate

Why do 3d anime studios keep doing this?

"Cinematic"

I can't wait for the sequel to show not!Kaworu
It's gonna be the ultimate film, even the captcha agrees

I fucking swear these X WAS HUMANS twists need to stop, Butcher

What they dont understand is that animation while it has a low framerate most of the time, it's basically new drawings every frames. You can't do that with 3d because it just fucking looks like it's run on a1 bad computer.

>armchair animation experts

Why don't they just nuke Godzilla?

This might be one of the most retarded statements I've ever heard in my life.
>Why are you upset that your parents died? JUST GET OVER IT ALREADY.

I'm a 3D Animation student and that's fucking bullshit, american 3D movies have a 24 frame rate which is the same as 2D.

The shittiest part about the animation in this is that the studio behind it also did around 60% of the animation in Tron Uprising and the characters looked more life like in that and they were supposed to be computer programs!

A prequel novel will release on tomorrow in Japan

Will other kaiju be appearing in this or is it just the big G? I saw those little dragons but I don't think they really count.

>no "Netflix killing anime posters"
Eeeh?

Because there are others players in this. It's under Toho and maybe King records too since Sadonia, Blame! and Ajin are theirs.