Houseki no Kuni

twitter.com/nacorok/status/892772010207490048
The absolute madman bought it, he singlehandedly funded season 2.

Other urls found in this thread:

tasaki.co.jp/land_of_the_lustrous/character/
irocks.com/minerals/specimen/38449
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How much did that set him back?

Bless that rich man (woman?), I hope that precious gem is well taken care of. I would personally be afraid to actually wear it in public

Good

I like how there's almost nothing in his likes except pictures of actual rocks.

Excuse me, some of them are minerals

He's a genuine rockfucker.

But why a pearl?

It's listed at 3.2 million yen
tasaki.co.jp/land_of_the_lustrous/character/

So about 32k freedom bucks.

>anime with its own fucking jewlery collection
Who unironically makes this expecting people to buy it? What the hell

I mean, if any anime is going to have jewelry, why wouldn't it be the anime with literal gems

>32k freedom bucks
Holy shit, I assumed it was maybe a couple grand at most.

Phosphopyllite gems are really, really rare

It's like all those people who bought Les Pauls because of K-On turned up to 11

This is just insane. I hope for his sake that he's actually filthy rich.

It's a manga that's been ongoing since 2013 about humanoid shaped gems

I'm more surprised that it's a regular necklace that can be used for any fancy function

>guy might have saved his neetbux for the past 4 years in the hope of someday being able to buy his waifu.

So, how expensive would a Phos shaped Phosphopyllite figure be, lets say 25cm tall? Would probably be impossible to create in the first place since this shitty material would break all the time.

how much does the average 12 episode anime cost to make?

Check the rest of his twitter picks. His bentos are worth more than what you eat in a week.

B1-2m dollars

That's the issue

It would be impossible

>you'll never be rich enough to buy your literal waifu

Just gem me up

I'm pretty sure you can't get 32k from just neetbux. He also seems to have a personal collection from his images

To make a 25 cm figure you'd probably need a huge, as in HUEG block of phosphophyllite. I don't know if that's even possible, so it'd probably cost as much as two or three countries.

I'd estimate like a couple dozen million USD. The thing is you'd have to make a lot of it out of silver or something.

>spent 3.2 million yen life saving to buy your gem waifu
>it breaks during shipping

I would buy it if I had the cash.

>Dia is only 2k freedom dollars

Time to buy that shit and hot glue it

At that price I would expect very careful packaging and personal delivery by the company

For a cg anime, a 2nd season would be markedly cheaper than the first because they already have all the assets

Okay then, my next biggest qualm is that retarded pearl. Can't you design something better when you're selling a 32k gem?

Its designed by Asians, need to keep that in mind. Most expensive fashion items designed by them are gaudy as hell.

>Anime merchandise sold in shop like this
What a time to be alive...

But is there a meaning to pairing the gems with a pearl based from the story?

There are sea people. I guess the round fat pearls could also be a reference to the moon people as well

Is that the place where you find real life "Ohoho" Oujo-samas?

That's a pretty good theory

Is this show actually good?

I thought it might be supposed to represent their bodies, with the gem for the hair?

Jesus christ I want to fuck that tiny piano.

very

I bet he'll/she'll snuggle up to the gem and whisper "PHOSSU", that lucky bastard

Yes.

It's written by a woman, so expect more silliness and suffering as time passes

AOTS contender

It's a real treasure.
The hidden gem of the season.
Truly precious.
The crown jewel of Orange studio.

How many sold BD is that equivalent?

>that small phos costs around 30k dollars
This is fucking crazy. Is this really the standard for gems?

Like 400.

I feel ashamed that I almost laughed a bit.

Why is it good?

Phosphopyllite is very rare, and since it's soft and brittle it's even rarer to find a cut gemstone of it

watch it you dork

Endearing characters with excellent voice acting and cute designs. Novel setting. Using CG to do things 2DAni can't do, good animation, delightful hand-painted backgrounds. 30/31 characters have a fantastic butt. Great OP/ED.

It's an all-around smash hit.

Someone post the diamond fight webm from episode 3.

For real, it's not anything mindblowing but the characters and their interactions are endearing. I find myself actively looking forward to the new episode every week

Because of Rutile.

I'm not the original guy asking, but I'm not sure if something "looking good" is enough for me to be interested. But I'll give it a try and see if the characters and setting are good enough.

Like 1/5 of the things I mentioned were about looks.

It's almost completely 3D.

Fucking hell
These otakus are rich as fuck

Otakutachi.
The plural of otaku is otakutachi.

Phos is super cute

Yes desu wa.

>master1200

Tell me something I don't know Sup Forumsnon. Everything about her is adorable. Not sure how people can find her annoying.

You do realise the money goes to the jewelry company, and not the animation studio, right?

If only the mangaka gets a cut, it's fine as well.

Mangaka don't profit at all from BD sales, what makes you think he'd profit from the jewelry?

If it is officially licensed which it is, the production committee or publisher of the anime is getting a cut of the revenue from that or has already been paid a fee in advance for the rights to produce jewellery based on the franchise or both. Money going to an animation studio doesn't mean shit for funding an anime adaptation.

>publisher of the anime
Was supposed to be publisher of the manga

Why make a jewelry out of Phos if you can't wear it?

I still don't get how fragile it is, is it actually more brittle than glass?

You are not rich enough to understand.

glass has a mohs of 6.5, twice as strong as phos

Mohs isn't about being brittle, it's about how easy it is to scratch. Phos is brittle too though, so there's that.
She really is useless.

Well if you want a comparison your nails have a Mohs Hardness of 2.5

Mohs scale doesn't represent brittleness but softness- its ability to be scratched.

Scratch Cinnabar's back and she shatters.

Honestly for such a rare gem I'd rather have it unmounted.
This is a larger gem for only $25k.
irocks.com/minerals/specimen/38449

Is Phos even rare?

Yeah the overall design of the necklace isn't very appealing.

rarer than diamond

Well there are a fuck ton of diamonds in the world. They arent even that expensive

It's up there, but not insanely up there.
Like some gems are only found in one mine in the world.
And there are others where only a handful of gems exist, like red diamond.

Bless our hero, now, who is gonna buy the whole set that costs more than 100k with all the stones?

But will the show itself actually sell? If Ousama Game does better I'll be very disappointed in myself.

That won't fund a single episode let alone a season.

***, 592th place / ***, 585th place (***, 369 pt) [*, * 30 reservation] 2017/12/20 Jewelry Country Vol.1 (First Press Limited Edition) (with event ticket priority sale order ticket) [Blu-ray]

>watch using saphire glass
Japanese will fall for this waifu watch.

Orange is cursed.

We're fucked, aren't we.

I don't miss stalker threads.

I feel like it was much higher in the rankings last week.
Still, it's in the "middling" range rather than the "flop" range.

user, nips do have shit taste but it's not THAT bad.
Also, on the upside, the highest ranking of the BD was around 250, right after episode 3. It's doing pretty good for a CG adaptation of a relatively niche manga.

I wish I was him.

Season 2 will be a lot cheaper to produce than S1.
CG is saving anime.

meant for