Just as I imagined! His rival isn't brain damaged, he is the worst match-up for the boy!

Just as I imagined! His rival isn't brain damaged, he is the worst match-up for the boy!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uYZzMPsm6c4
youtube.com/watch?v=wmSrKvFOT_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=ExHozD7lpDA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

more brain means less space for oxygen tho

This will never stop being relevant.

THROW YOURSELF INTO THE PUNCHES BOY
CLOSE THE DISTANCE
REAL MEN DON'T DUCK

Goddamnit.

>Kamogawa's boxing career is some shitty prize fighting match and crippled himself against the first actual boxer he fought
Why is he a coach again?

Dude why didn't he just teach him how to box

But he defended his friend's honor...that has to mean something.

Ippo get iPad

World class, upper weight and cheap tricks boxer

>Chapter 330

For you

When you think about it, this manga isn't ending anytime soon at its current pace. Ippo is losing to some no name scrub and getting brain damage.....Ricardo is so far away from him that the mangaka might not live long enough to complete it.

BUT YAMOTO DAMASHIIIIIIIIII

>brain damage

I think you mean oxygen savant

Can Hippo just hurry up and get retired so that Sendo can become the MC?

We already had the boxer vs non-boxer fight in this manga. His name was Jimmy aka Scratch J. His fight style was Muay Thai.

Yamato Damashii

Obligatory

He's an expert in training toes.

How is this shit entertaining some people that it's been serialized for decades?

Ippo becoming full Prime Tyson when?

youtube.com/watch?v=uYZzMPsm6c4

if you actually take the time to read Ippo you will get sucked in. It was really good for 800 chapters or so. It had so many good elements. The humor was top tier. Morikawa is really good at drawing motion so we get so many chapters that can be turned into gifs. I know there are people who just watched the anime or are intimidated by the length of the series but it's genuinely really really good up until brain damage ippo.

Why does ippo Tyson look like some sort of Goblin?

Would Wally beat Ricardo now? Kamogawa confirmed that they'd never rematch him since Wally would instantly destroy Ippo. By now he'd be way better.

Early artwork that the anime based its character design on. Morikawa wasn't as polished back then (French fries from modern Ippo art aside).

no he still isn't ricardo tier yet. He had to work on his stamina. I think he beats the shit out of Date though. Date doesn't have the power to stop woli and he has shown himself vunerable to the raw level of violence produced by fighters like Martinez.

I'd rank Jesus Date below Sendo, Vorg, Alfredo, and Woli right now at this point in the manga.

I think people are sleeping on Alf too much.

There's a high possibility of Alf getting a draw from the old man at last a la Rosendo vs. Lopez.

youtube.com/watch?v=wmSrKvFOT_Q

It really only started going to shit over the last few years, the first like 700 chapters or whatever are top tier sports manga.

You would think beating ippo so badly he can't draw a straight line would make people fear Alfredo more

It started going to shit around this point.

Huh might check it next holidays I guess.

>Why does ippo Tyson look like some sort of Goblin?
I don't know, why does he?

He's more like an orc.

Cestus is actually more entertaining than Ippo now.

Tyson's back muscles are Baki tier.

how is miyata doing?

The manga is winding down. Vorg has a world title. Mashiba is working toward one. Sendo is working toward one. I assume Miyata is going to have his match soon for one. He has been a world ranker way before anyone else.

>His friends go on to better things

>Ippo is left at the care home with the notGirlfriend wiping away his drool & changing his adult diapers

Series is gonna end with Ippo going Chris Benoit on Kumi and his mom

Hey man, they should have tapped out.

Ippo's current problem is that he can't unleash the oxygen in his blood because his dempsey roll keeps getting interrupted and thus he's now suffering from an oxygen overdose which is being misdiagnosed as punch drunk. Trust me, I'm a doctor.

>Takamura will get his 6 world titles before coach thinks Ippo can take on Ricardo

Takamura is going to lose an eye next fight

Series will end with Ippo becoming FW world champ after he leaves Kamogawa

And he'll still become the HW world champ

Takamura is a shit.

That whole thing with the Hawk that looked more like a baboon was some damn ridiculous nationalism-wank.
Our Japanese hero beating him so bad he is a broken man that pisses himself for even hearing the name and can never box again.

Hawk couldn't box to save his life though, he just knew how to fight like a savage.
Eagle would've shat on him 10 times over.

Thanks doc

That's not how boxing works.

So fucking mad that Ippo's comeback fight drags on for so long. Come on, why couldn't he just come back, overwhelm his opponents and get a Takamura victory in 2/3 chapters or less?

That's exactly how boxing works.
>elite athlete that fights with no discipline/fundamentals steamrolls cans
>gets beat by an elite athlete with great fundamentals
It's actually boxing 101. See Mayweather vs. Gatti

But is he more talented than Takamura or Ricardo?

I'll give Morikawa a pass if he cripples Guevara and doesn't get hung up on it by the end of the fight.

but what about Takamura?!

Is it sad that the only reason I can tell it's an edit is because of the font?

Those who can't, teach.

What fight does this "Just as I imagined! His rival uses X! He's the worst match-up for the boy!" come from exactly?

Hawk is a spoiled kid that never tastes losing. Did Eagle and Bison piss themselves about Takamura after the matches?

The Kamogawa hate phenomenon needs to stop. Now.

Hawk was traumatised because every single one of Takamuras punches was aimed at a vital area

It's too late, people have finally realized that Kamogawa's coaching while helpful at times, was very bad for Ippo in the long-run and he frequently got Ippo severely injured to the point of brain damage.
He means well, but he just isn't that good of a coach. He even admitted that Takamura would have succeeded with or without him.

if kamogawa threw in the towel everytime he said he would. Ippo's record would be worse but his future would be way better. Kamogawa is a terrible coach just for that reason. He didn't see the big picture. He traded short term success over a long term boxing career.

The biggest offenders are the Gonzales fight and the Woli fight. If you are excited your fighter is taking one hundred punches to land one it's time to give up and fight another day. As soon as things got too rough for Woli, Miguel threw in the towel with no hesitation. That's the type of coaching Ippo needed because he is too strong for his own good. The level of damage that ippo takes before going down is not a good thing and Sanada and Miguel both pointed that out. It's too late for Ippo now though. I guess we can't really blame Kamogawa too much because the science wasn't as good as it is today when it comes to CTE.

What's sad is that they both realized at one point that he couldn't continue soaking up punches like he was, took steps to fix it, and then said fuck it block with your face.

youtube.com/watch?v=ExHozD7lpDA

Did an ESL make this?

Unfunny ESL that can't even understand the joke.

>Ippo is actually very talented as proven by the first 200 chapters
>For some odd reason Kamogawa thinks he isn't
I was rereading the manga and the Vorg fight is an eye opener. Kamogawa knew that Vorg had no stamina but he told Ippo to go get beat up instead actually telling him about his opponent. Seriously what the fuck? Takamura taught Ippo boxing way better than Kamogawa. Kamogawa is only good at training his fighters bodies.

Takamura dies after winning the heavyweight title belt. Tell me this isn't the perfect way to end his story.

Kamogawa still has a world and a national champ. He knows what he is doing. Even if Takamura is a monster and could have done it under another trainer, it still doesn't change the fact that he didn't do it under anyone else, it was Kamogawa.

Will Ippo use the new dempsey to teleport back in time and give all his memories to his past self?

Except Kamogawa said countless times that Takamura could easily make it without him. Why do think he's so hung up on Ippo?

>Even if Takamura is a monster and could have done it under another trainer, it still doesn't change the fact that he didn't do it under anyone else, it was Kamogawa.

He'd better learn it fast before the memories get punched out of him and replaced with oxygen.

I'm weak to his type of character, so I'd rather have him retire and take over the gym. Kamogawa is old, a shit, and not as good a trainer, and having reached the pinnacle the only challenge left for Takamura is to drag inferior beings up to the top.

One of Takamura's goal is to make Kamogawa happy. Maybe he wouldn't care about other coaches as much

He did it DESPITE kamogawa

That's because Takamura is hated by his family and spent his time beating people until Kamogawa found him and threw him into a ring.

I know, I love him too, but feel like him dying would balance out the super human persona hes maintained til now.

I swear the next SoL arc better not be a retread of Are Ippo and Takamura fucked?

He's like Joukyuu, part of the appeal is how he gets away with horseshit that with any other character would be bad writing.

Ippo is really close to becoming a god

What if Ippo wasn't a faggot?

Kumi would have to appear in a wheelchair

chapter 1198 is out

Damn I actually feel really bad for Ippo

>All these influx of shitty Ippo threads with the same repetitive posts and memes
>In all of them the same tripfag is always active
Clearly not a coincidence.

>that look of despair in coach's eyes
jesus

>woops, shoelace untied

He forgot to take his trip down once and started samefagging. It was pretty embarrassing.

Dang I have only watched the anime and was thinking of picking this up. Does Ippo become even more retarded with brain damage?

>Mashiba doesn't make fun of him
damn looks like Kumi is getting her wish

Even Kamogawa knows he's irreparably fucked up a promising young man.

>george thinks people will praise his revolutionary manga ending for muh realism
>doesn't realise his own manga in a absurd shonen fiction and nobody really gives a shit

I honestly think there's nothing wrong with him

For once I'm sad that I filter him