Pop Team Epic

Started reading this because I heard so much praise about it, but half the jokes go over my head, am I just dumb?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=amd0HPN_2FY
youtube.com/watch?v=vYxlo96995k
youtube.com/watch?v=vYxlo96995k&list=PLlojipt8qOzHt0__8crgtVm4soRqwqnvv
youtube.com/watch?v=yVrkG986R5g
youtu.be/KLS_070P_hI
youtube.com/watch?v=R9p9Rv4Bvec
youtube.com/watch?v=FgZ0sw2V4yM
youtu.be/yEbdLlxqtyE
thejapanesehorror.com/2016/03/japanese-urban-legend-phone-call-from-mary.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pretty sure there's even a chapter about how people who say they understand the jokes are lying because there is no actual joke.

Most are references though.

I assume most jokes are either lost on translation or aren't there at all and its just random shit.

The jokes are either references or is supposed to be funny simply because of how absurd it is.
Once the jokes are explained, you realize it's not funny.

From what I have seen in this board, it looks like random fun shit. Would you recommend it?

It's poking fun at his use of copy-pasting which he catches shit for on twitter

yes

There's barely any jokes, just a lot of references. Do people really like this shit? It's not funny at all

youtube.com/watch?v=amd0HPN_2FY

>half the jokes go over my head
The usual rate is 75%.

I think like 80% of the time it doesn't work, but when it does work, it really, really works well.

Since it's just a 4Koma, I don't mind that shitty 80%, since it's so quick to page through.

Think about someone from here making comics about anything, now think how much of that redditor would understand. Unless you constantly keep up with japanese memes you will lose these 25% and 50% is just random shit so you'll end up with 75% flying over your head.

>being this much of a brainlet

Don't bother, it's not funny and people just use it to be rude to other anons

I mean, things like OP posted are plain funny but most of the time the humor is too Japanese to understand.

Best I can do is usually 40% so you're doing alright

You are motherfucker is likely the only good one.

pic related

Is this a Sexy Commando reference?

Hey guys what is this a reference to?

one guy has so much metal in his eyes from not using wielding masks that he can't walk through metal detectors without setting them off

What a silly bitch he must be.

Haven't people been using welding masks literally since the beginning of modern welding?

Idiots are older

TO BE FAIR

If only we could harness the power of idiocy, our energy problems would be solved with ease.

Post your favourite ones

And we would have a new metric for websites as a side effect

NEW ONE
youtube.com/watch?v=vYxlo96995k

I don't get it.

That's cause you're motherfucker

On one ever tried to amend you in a condescending tone?

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Pop Team Epic. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Pipimi's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into her characterisation - her personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Pop Team Epic truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Popuko's existencial catchphrase "Ah. You are motherfucker?," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Bkub's genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Popuko tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

>Is this kind of thing really okay in Japan?
Gets me every time.

What was this originally for? Bimbougami-Ga!?

>being this new
It's about dipping sauce

Oh, I get it, sorry I don't /co. Was season 3 any good? Was the dipping sauce any good? Was WacArnolds just doing that as a solid so the they could end the show with dignity?

I think it's mostly just the ironic juxtaposition of the moe-moe catfaces with the "wacky" and "edgy" content, though

>Someone post the pie chart explaining the humour already

The jokes don't always land, likely I just don't get them. But when they do, holy shit is it trancendental.
It's utterly unique and if you think it's just random memeing the you are a m o t h e r f u c k e r.

Just watch the basically official version of it:

youtube.com/watch?v=vYxlo96995k&list=PLlojipt8qOzHt0__8crgtVm4soRqwqnvv

Holy shit, there was actual reasoning to this one?

youtube.com/watch?v=yVrkG986R5g

No, those are two separate comics.

Pop Team Epic makes me feel like the guy from Cromartie who can't comprehend why anyone thinks Pootan is funny.

If you don't lose your shit to poptepic on the regular then I feel bad for you son.
youtu.be/KLS_070P_hI

While I was watching the playlist of Pop Team Epic animations it reminded me of the old quandary: What the fuck is a "subculture bitch"?

A poser
A dilettante
A wannabe
A shit

youtube.com/watch?v=R9p9Rv4Bvec

No it sucked and the ending sucked.

This should help you out a bit.

youtube.com/watch?v=FgZ0sw2V4yM

Pootan is a national treasure.

Honey Come Chatka is better.

>posting the inferior version
youtu.be/yEbdLlxqtyE
I bet you like dubs too you sick freak.

This

I doubt anyone understands what is referring to, it's that urban legend where a stranger calls your phone and announces they're in a location, they call you over and over and you realize they're coming closer to your house, until they're calling you at the front door and in the house and up the stairs and outside your room

>I doubt anyone understands

Don't assume everyone is as stupid as you.

Who pissed in your Cheerios dude
I'm just saying this place has a surprisingly low powerlevel at times

We should actually try to explain the references. It was in a thread like this that I got suckered into loving poptepic.

Not sure if referencing Nonomura or Samuragoch
Probably the former

brainlet

Hey now, where would be the fun in that?

Do you think beeps and boops could count as a dub because it's not Japanese?

thejapanesehorror.com/2016/03/japanese-urban-legend-phone-call-from-mary.html

user have you seen Pingu?

You sound like a smug shit.

When it originally aired yes.

>this mad
Damn son
Let me be the adult here

See, there is that smug shittiness again.

Is that anime ever coming out?

>those hands
Maximum hue

it's funny because smiling in this context is a definitive action and there's no actual way for one to beat the other at it because they're both doing it

If you get half the jokes then you are doing pretty well user.

>urban legend
It's more of a ghost story.
An urban legend is like "Neil Armstrong's neighbor got a blowjob because he walked on the moon" or "you sneeze when someone talks about you"

It's already out.

But Popuko won obviously.

January.

Popuko or Pipimi?

Moar

I didn't make it.

They're very subtle

>says hamburger like an american
>anime amercians like to say mother fucker like it's the only word they know
She clearly calls her an american but in a funny jap way

makes sense

HEY HEY HEY! You sayin' Pootan isn't funny, ya punk?! Why, I oughtta run you outta town for that! Next, you'll tell me Mechazawa is a robot or some bullshit like that.