Underrated anime

What anime do you think is underrated/under appreciated?

I never hear anyone talk about Sherlock Hound.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mn9UtHlNuzo
a.pomf.cat/fzrftf.webm
a.pomf.cat/zsmpaz.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=Ta8_5O9RUZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=fvEAkHAz00Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I can't say that I disagree, Op. It's one of my favorite series.
>Kind of like a spiritual successor to Lupin III, which itself was one of the earliest truly groundbreaking TV animations
>Made by the guys at TMSE, who collectively contributed to the best Japanese animation at the time
>Animation is well beyond the level of the average TV animated series, as you can imagine
>Hayao Miyazaki did animating and directing on this, if you need any more convincing
>Fantastic looking backgrounds and details, which has a very timeless/fantasy vibe
>The series is essentially a cool blend of mystery, action, and adventure

Mind if I post some webms and stuff in this thread?

I love in this series how Moriarty looks more anime goofy while the guy they are chasing is more anime face like ya know?

ur mom's so old i bet she was alive when sherlock hound first aired rofl

youtube.com/watch?v=Mn9UtHlNuzo

Here's a little fact for you, my friends. The Japanese version of each episode has a few seconds of footage removed (likely due to strict advertisting times)

a.pomf.cat/fzrftf.webm (JP)
a.pomf.cat/zsmpaz.webm (EN)

Note the brief additional appearance of the fiery engine in the English version of this scene

Another fact, this series was helped funded and written by an Italian company. The namesake of the main character from 'Porco Rosso' comes from someone who worked on this series.

Gad Guard is a good shonen plot with a godlike soundtrack.

(Can't find better quality OP)
youtube.com/watch?v=Ta8_5O9RUZ0

Soultaker was Shinbo back when his directing style was fresh and the plot is everything you could want from an anime

youtube.com/watch?v=fvEAkHAz00Y

lp

I love Sherlock hound, I think the Mastpiece Theatre anime are underrated as well. Everyone just talks about Anne of green Gables but I love the Dog of Flanders

Aren't most of the WMT still untranslated? Bothersome.

2 dads and their daught

Yeah, I saw a few in Hungarian though I didn't even know it was anime when I was a kid I thought they were just Hungarian cartoons. But even finding English subs is kinda hard

gay

>Soul Taker
My aniki from another okaasan

My pick is The Violinist of Hameln.
With a budget so thin that many scenes are just stills with voice over and goofy looking designs, it is still one of the best fantasy anime I ever saw.
>great classical music
>not one second of filler during 26 eps
>gripping plot
And my favourite ending in an anime, ever.

LOL rad the last name on it

Don't stream.

yeah ok, you know how hard it is to find these god damn eps? I use to have them and then everwhere I went they had 0 seeders.

Also what happened? At one time Sup Forums and Sup Forums were all about streaming.

Kamichu!

>namefag
>emoticons
>LOL
>streaming
Fuck off back to Gaia or whatever hidey-hole you crawled out of.

>namefag
by Sup Forums standards, OP as a name is fine.
Get over your fucking self user. This shit hole isn't just for you.

You still haven't explained WHY streaming is bad. It's not that I don't want to download, some shows are harder to locate than others and some people have them on a streaming site.

So explain then, why is streaming bad?

I really like Gasaraki. It's a great combination of hyper-realism and psychological weirdness.

>>Get over your fucking self user. This shit hole isn't just for you.
Oh the fucking irony, this coming from the retarded emoticon-using, streaming gaiafag. Check yourself before you get blown the fuck out for being an absolute retard.
>some shows are harder to locate than others
Sure, if you're fucking stupid, but we already knew that.
>why is streaming bad?
I'll humor you. Shit picture quality, unable to pick an encode of your choice, oftentimes shit selection, obnoxious watermarks. I even found the series you're talking about but I'm not going to spoonfeed your retarded ass, get good and figure it out.

OP name fagging is only fine when your identity matters and you dont want other anons putting words in your mouth, such as if your a translator, your identity is unimportant for this thread, thus, OP is a faggot.

This was so fucking unconventional that it became fascinating. Still can't decide if it was good though.

Actually you are both being faggots right now.

Is there romance?

ok bud

I can accept it

I don't remember. I'm watching it now (I did a long time ago but I don't remember a lot of the eps)

That's is just straight false.
Oh it's a troll. That's nice. Come on at least troll in threads that deserve it. Leave Sherlock Hound alone.

I'm not trolling user. I have no reason to troll.

I remember like 2 years ago, everyone was all over stream sites on Sup Forums and Sup Forums and then all of a sudden everyone started to say download torrents. People kept saying "torrents are dumb and dead! It's all about mega and using other means!" blah blah blah.

What changed all of a sudden?

>>Kind of like a spiritual successor to Lupin III, which itself was one of the earliest truly groundbreaking TV animations

Weirdly enough, Taichiro Hirokawa voiced Lupin in the second version of the pilot film that was made for TV but never aired. How weird would it have been if they went with him rather than Yasuo Yamada for the series.

Contemporary style.

Amazing, they somehow made Mrs. Hudson not cute as a button.

>not cute
Sacrilege.

Kino's Journey -the Beautiful World- is pretty underrated.

Magical Taruruuto

It'll likely never get subs, but it's really something special

What do you like about it?