Kemono Friends

are the threads ever going to be comfy again?

how many times have you seen the show?

Other urls found in this thread:

kemofure.bushimo.jp/
youtube.com/watch?v=P7k2MkVYLDE
twitter.com/7u_NABY/status/922978029395091456
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why do people love this poorly animated barneyshit so much?

it's fun.

A combination of it being really good and also not actually poorly animated (it makes heavy use of plebfilters to keep lower level anime viewers away)

Cute pic. I think I'll take it.

>how many times have you seen the show?
Once.

i rewatched it for the third time today, i really like this anime

i fee like the fact that they stuck to just CG made it much more bearable then when they try and throw it in with traditional animation.

The contrast is so jarring it instantly breaks immersion for me. recent examples include:
>skeletons in overlord
>colossal titan

so while overall quality isn't great, the designs are cute, and aside from a couple of infamous scenes, the quality is consistent and conveys what is going on clearly.

on a side note: CGI can be used well in traditional animation as long as you want it to be jarring. For example in courage the cowardly dog they used it specifically because it made things looks alien or unnatural to the world.

Umaru R may have tanoshii, but without anything comfy this season, people will come back.

I think my absolute favorite moment in Kemono Friends is when Kaban casually mentions that it was Serval stealing the Japari Buns.

It was just so quick and matter of fact, that I laughed for like 3 minutes straight

there is hope

serval has kleptomaniac tendencies,,

Is everything safe now?

i don't think we have alot of new information

PLEASE DON'T EAT ME!

And those were Kaban's last words, before being devoured by a pack of ravenous friends.

Believe it or not

she wouldn't eat you

I want to eat Serval if you know what I mean

Servals are very lean creatures. It would be very unsatisfying

> and also not actually poorly animated
No man no. KF's animation pales even compared to actual kid's shows. It's pretty stiff and robotic, and models often feel like their dropped on to the 2d background with little care. This is true even if we ignore stuff like Serval drifting and the Cerulean avalanche. There's clipping everywhere, and even some nasty moments with the mouths on the models (ignoring lip syncing issues).

There are many, many short 3d films that blow KF out of the water animation wise. Kemono Friend's is NOT a pretty show, and this is coming from a guy who actually likes how it looks at times.

stop vore

only saw the anime by Shoebill

Shit I am sorry

>Ignore
Nigga we put that shit on a pedestal.

>will these threads ever be comfy again?
Only when Tatsuki has been redeemed
>how many times have you seen the show?
Once but I'm thinking about going back in for a second go through

In the middle of my first rewatch. Just finished this episode.
I haven't stopped thinking about this show since i first watched it back when it aired

I can't believe Serval is a fucking bread slice!

I've rewatched it like three times.
Each time I notice something new, like how Serval seemed enthusiastic about eating dirt in the second episode.

Serval is many things, friend. But above all she is a top tier friend.

She's dumber than a post, though

Also she is a cerulean...

But she's still a top tier friend.

She tries, though.

Yes, but she's dumb. I could count to five, ask her how much I counted to, and she'd offer me a japari bun, before eating it herself

Holy shit. Cerval=Cerulean+Serval

CELLS INTERLINKED

Please stop bullying Serval

Grape was kino as fuck

I'm not saying anything I didn't hear from very reputable friends. I don't want to name names, but I trust Pangolin and Golden marmoset

it's really fun to watch again, you should

this show is incredibly special and even after seeing it a few times it keeps it's charm

kemono friends makes me HAPPY

>and she'd offer me a japari bun, before eating it herself
serval alarm offers you half the bun if she's almost full

it's really cute

endless tanoshii

s-serval alarm?

Be careful, because your Tanoshii receptors will down regulate themselves after prolonged exposure

My angel ;___;

I remember my mom used to do this.

I attempted to make an Ezo Red Fox Umaru, but it was awful

How can one friend be so cute

kemofure.bushimo.jp/ (left side)

the only annoying part being that it's 720 yen and only available in the japanese store so depending on your setup you might have to jump through a lot of hoops to get it

Good.
Don't let that thing near Friends.

You have a cute mom!

What's the heart on top?

Serval's life points. As you can see, that Serval is fucking dead

Sandstar regenerates any imperfections!

this looks super cute! i'm going to look into it thank you

RUDE!

this is adorable

Don't you buy it, though!

I fed my Serval. She gets one (1) Japari Bun a day

nothing seems to happen if I overfed her?

You feel it too, don't you?

translation?

The ryona friend

that i wont do!

Once the game comes out lonely losers will empty their wallets to their favorite cute friend! ezo-chan most likely

What if Umaru was just a Hamster Friend all along?

One? That is abuse. She needs at least 10 to keep her heart meter up.

>pop'n minmi 7
i want to play

That's because she was already fat.

I don't know if it's reasonable to be relieved that I bought the app before the news dropped, because practically speaking it makes no difference to Kadokawa's bottom line.

I guess there are some people just hunting down the APK.

I don't mind paying for a mobile game, I bought the Sonic mobile ports and a few others, but I could never see myself dumping cash on a gambling system. I'd rather have the challenge of working with what I got, rather than going broke on a game that I'd normally only pay like five dollars for.

I've watched it twice and keep in mind I almost never ever watch anything a second time. Picked up on so many little things I missed the first time around. Was going to watch it a third time but the whole Kadokawa thing killed my mood.

They added the OP to the arcade version of pop'n music.

I wonder why they use a mixture of english and japanese names?

Yeah you don't really understand animation, do you.

>No costumes
Fuck this.

My inkling would be that the ones without Japanese names are animals who do not have localized Japanese names.

>expecting much from the shoestring budget Kadokawa gave Tatsuki
Hmmm...

>Hashbirokou

there's still some hope left user

watching it for the third goddamn time really cheered me up though!

They only used the true English name for those friends whose Japanese names are kanafications of English.

Fennec is immediately recognizable as Fenekku, but Racoon and Shoebill is a long way from Araiguma and Hashibiroukou.

If you're interested in actually talking about animation, I'm game. I haven't done any 3d work, but the little experience I do have in animation tells me that the movement in the show has a lot of problems. The characters actually do not move that much, excepting nice touches like Servals quirky little jittering in episode 1. When they do move, it's often in a rather doll-like fashion. I can't put the feeling in to words at the moment, but it's off in a very obvious way.

What makes you say that the show is well animated? I'm legit interested in what you have to say. If you can truly suss out how the movements are actually solid, that just means I've learned something new.

I think you are probably being a bit harsh saying the animation its stiff and robotic. Perhaps if you are comparing it to particularly expressive 2D TV animation or something then sure.

However if you even look at something with a much higher amount of overall polish as a 3D production with something like Ajin/Sidonia when it comes to things like expressing emotions and even the animation not feeling "robotic" I would argue that Kemono Friends often manages a much better job of it. The characters expressions never come off as uncanny, or utterly ridiculous (unless intentionally comical) like they do half of the time in most anime 3DCG.

You are correct though that there are plenty of issues and some particular stand out scenes with characters not feeling like they are in the environment, clipping and so on through out the series though. I won't bother going into how that adds to the appeal of the series though, that is a separate point altogether.

Somehow I get the feeling from this kind of animation though that it feels much closer to 2D animation than anything most 3D animations try. Maybe it is because they aren't making the characters move all the time and it is relatively static, maybe it is because the shot composition remains flat like it is in 2D animation, maybe its the way the characters lose detail as they are further away from the camera. I don't know why really.

The characters do not seem robotic or off at all.

You have a child's view of animation as an art form, just stick with your Naruto sakuga.

I really don't see the robotic thing he is talking about at all. Stiff perhaps if he is talking about not being massively expressive in their movements sure and the other issues like clipping and sometimes not seeming like they are in their environments he points to are all there but robotic I don't really see that one.

> I think you are probably being a bit harsh saying the animation its stiff and robotic. Perhaps if you are comparing it to particularly expressive 2D TV animation or something then sure.
That's actually not the type of stuff I'm comparing KF to. I'm comparing KF's animations to 3DCG children's shows that air on channels like Disney. Not to say those are particularly great examples, but they tend to have more plentiful movement as compared to KF. Maybe this isn't quite fair, as such companies would have more money, time, and most importantly, manpower to work with, but it's what often comes to mind.
There's also short film animations that leave KF in the dust like this: youtube.com/watch?v=P7k2MkVYLDE

The problem may be that I'm looking outside of anime. The last 3d anime I watched was Arppegio of Blue Steel (which I actually enjoyed a bit), but that was a while ago.

It is kind of pointless and unfair comparing a 3 minutes animation to 288 minutes of animation. There were 6 animators credited for the entirety of Kemono Friends that is 48 complete minutes of animation per a person.

Looking outside of anime is a problem too, the majority of even TV animation in the west like has less stiff and more abundant movement than the majority of anime 2D or 3D.

twitter.com/7u_NABY/status/922978029395091456

ahhh