Why did they make their relationship so vague? Has Anno really said anything about it IRL?

Why did they make their relationship so vague? Has Anno really said anything about it IRL?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.evageeks.org/thread/17938/Nobi-Nobita-Bridal-Veil-Ep-22-DC-Source/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There is conflicting info on it and we have fought about it for the last 10 years
asuka won, please stop making this thread daily

choking is not winning, user kun.

What's vague about it? Asuka has a massive ego and a superiority complex and Shinji has no ego and an inferiority complex. They are polar opposites.

Relationship on why Asuka found Shinji disgusting and contemptible, yet she says she wants to posses him on the train. It makes no sense to me.

They are the same.

>Asuka has a massive ego and a superiority complex and Shinji has no ego and an inferiority complex.
Wouldn't that make them get along quite well?

I don't remember her ever saying that. She finds Shinji disgusting and contemptible because he reminds her too much of herself, as points out. It isn't necessarily hatred for him, though, so much as hatred for herself. She projects onto him.

Its even more vague when Miyamura said Asuka isn't attracted to Shinji, even though Asuka herself gets very jealous of his relationship with Rei.

I forget the order of which was shown, did (pic related) come before or after op's pic?

It is because you're autistic

Which part you don't remember? She says on the train "if I can't have all of you to myself, then I don't want you at all!" which sounds like she wants to posses him metaphorically or literally.

The VA never understood her own character

No, its more like those two feelings contradict the other. How can you like someone even though you hate them? Asuka is a paradox.

They're both insecure and self loathing, but Asuka is incapable of accepting it, hence the superiority complex. Shinji just takes it, as he constantly takes everything, with a passive-aggressive behavior. It makes her even more mad when he wont stand up for himself, which she does all the time knowing full well she's full of shit. She can't handle seeing herself being so weak, which is what she sees in Shinji.

She projects on Rei, too, but it isn't necessarily a romantic jealousy she has for Shinji and Rei, but a need for attention. Neither of them give her what she wants emotionally or spiritually, because they're both passive, Rei even more so than Shinji at times. Rei's levels of passivity remind her of a "doll", an unfeeling, inhuman existence, which also is a reminder of her own mother.

>feelings contradict each other
You know that's frequent, right ? Especially with something as complex as love ? And yes you can love someone you hate, that's called a love/hate relationship

It's totally possible to love and hate someone at the time, that's more or less why most irl relationships end.

this.

She definitely influenced asuka
scharacter, however she never interpreted Asuka at all.

Its kinda like how Keanu reeves did not understand Neo.

That's her need for attention, her need to have her abilities validated by everybody else. They must praise her, they must enable her superiority complex, or she is forced to accept her inadequacies, which is what inevitably happens to her in the series.

She stalks Rei and Shinji in the hospital though. Eavesdropping on their conversation by pressing her ear against the door.

>"I want all of you only to myself" means you want your abilities validated

Well, she's also a nosy person. That's fairly normal. You could look at it as an extension of her desires to be wanted. Maybe she wanted to do what Rei did, but can't interject herself because that would be weakness. Rei, of course, doesn't give two shits.

Each of us is going to interpret things however we want to interpret them. I'm not going to get into a pissing match with someone who doesn't want their own interpretations questioned. You have fun with that. I'll be over here.

I wish there was some doujinshi or fanfiction that actually captured the essence and soul of their relationship. Its always so out of character.

I thought this did pretty well.

Bridal veil

forum.evageeks.org/thread/17938/Nobi-Nobita-Bridal-Veil-Ep-22-DC-Source/

Unfortunately it isn't translated to english, although Anno has personally endorsed it.

That is very good, but its also not translated. 90% of NGE doujinshi is unknown to western audience because its only in Japanese language.

There is no relationship between them. The EoE stuff is a retcon.

You mean Rebuild.

No, user I don't think so.

>That is very good, but its also not translated. 90% of NGE doujinshi is unknown to western audience because its only in Japanese language.
I don't speak Japanese, so I thought the author did an outstanding job conveying how they felt about each other through their body language. That's the sign of a true artist; dialogue should enhance the art, not the otherway around.

>Unfortunately it isn't translated to English
the evageeks link has a translation...

>I'll be over here
To tumblr ?

Virgin spotted.

One of these days, I'm going to learn Japanese so I can read the majority of NGE doujinshi. However, that would require me to stop playing DS3 and reading other anime VNs.

EoE is a retcon. Deal with it.

>vague
>retarded teenagers blowing worthless shit out of proportions

Their relationship is deliberately hard to understand. The entire point of Eva is that relationships are complicated and difficult. Auks and Shinji are clearly written to demonstrate this.

They are confused little kids in a life or death situation and parts of them are attracted to each other and parts of them are repulsed by each other, and their behavior and feelings swing backwards and forwards constantly.

This is the entire point of the story.

I don't know if anyone else is getting sick of me typing this, but I certainly am.

As some other anons have said, they suffer from the some of the same basic emotional problems, but react to them in different ways. Shinji by withdrawing into passiveness, Asuka by inflating her ego.

There's also the simply reason for their attraction that they are two teenagers who are around each other a lot. Teenagers are hormone driven maniacs. They probably also find try to find solace in each other because no one else can basically understand what they are going through. Asuka could get whatever other guy she wanted, except for Kaiji and Shiny, but they would never understand her.

I imagine that Asuka is also used to absolutely command male attention wherever she goes. She is supposed to be an extremely attractive girl. It follows that she gets mad and "wants what she cant get", both when Kaiji rejects and when Shinji doesn't show (in her mind) appropriate interest.

>I don't know if anyone else is getting sick of me typing this, but I certainly am.

Evangelion being 2deep4u is a meme, but didn't come out of nowhere. A lot of people plain don't understand the show.

Because Anno was more interested in writing Shinji's gay romance with Ikuha- Uh, I mean Kaworu.

>Their relationship is deliberately hard to understand
It's not hard to understand at all. It's just fucked up, a dysfunctional exchange between psychologically unbalanced teenagers with no proper parental figures to rely on. Plus putting the fate of mankind into their hands by having them fight monsters, many of which having mind raping abilities doesn't help.

Now look at the idiots trying desperately to dig some epic romance out of this.

Asuka unconsciously uses Shinji as some kind measurement stick due to him being an Eva pilot that somehow manages to get better results than her, also women get jealous over nothing and are dreadful cunts to other women.

A large part of her ego revolves around being the top Eva pilot, so when she gets showed up by Shinji, she just breaks down, like we see in the show.

This. It's not supposed to be some disney thing. It's supposed to be hard with a lot of ups and downs and several layers to it.
But as far as fate goes, those kinds of people will always find a way to survive, even when everything is tumbling down.

>Asuka unconsciously uses Shinji as some kind measurement stick
Anytime, anywhere. She may get strangled after third impact, though.

keep crying faggot