Ouni is the only one willing to fight and protect his people while the rest all cower in fear

>Ouni is the only one willing to fight and protect his people while the rest all cower in fear

The mud whale people deserved this genocide.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Norway_attacks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>We musn't fight with the enemy
>We should reason with them

This fucking guy dies right?

Ouni need to stop being edgy and help the people there to ditch their ridiculous pacifism, but he probably wont because I'M THE MOST POWERFUL.

Can't blame him really. They are being killed left and right and they still go "HURR DURR MAYBE WE CAN TALK IT OUT" and not use their power to at least fucking protect themselves. You can't be this dumb, the elders must have been brainwashing them or something to make them peace-loving to the point of being retarded.

**Cough cough** California

You mean Canada.

Well, they are brought up like that.
>action

I had such high hopes for this series, but it just gets worse and worse with every new episode.

Actually its natural for a long peaceful and prosperous societies to behave like that.

I'm just hoping the mainland world building is good.

Please. Here during terrorist attacks in first world countries anti-terrorist squads eventually come and murder the shit out of the terrorists. So actually no, even in peaceful and prosperous societies you'll be ready for war (even Japan during it's 200 years of peace still had people more than capable of killing). While in this anime when you have fucking genocidal madmen killing everyone their self-defense force is like "B-but killing is wrong...". Civilians being completely helpless is normal no matter what the period or universe is, but the ones in charge of protecting them being this cucked is on another level.

You could say that they are more like cops than actual soldiers, but it's still retarded. The elders obviously knew something like that might happen and they didn't prepare their self-defense forces for it ? It's probably going to be explained later on, but they really did a shitty job at preparing the Mud Whale in case of an enemy attack.

can somebody tell me if sami actually dies?

Actually most people in the first world would just run like chickens from a terrorist armed with nothing but a box cutter and get killed one at time instead of just tackling the fucker.

She is literally already buried.
She'll still have a scene next episode though.

It's like you didn't read my post. I addressed that. In the first world the people would run, then the cops would shoot the fucker or beat him up into oblivion.
In their universe the would people run, and the cops would just piss themselves and bend over.

We didn't see their "cops" reaction very well.

You're forgetting that first world countries still have crime and the likes. They're at least prepared. Literally NOBODY on the mud whale is prepared besides Ouni for some reason. Can you really blame them for wanting to negotiate when negotiating is the only thing they know how to do?

This a society that has never seen real conflict in generations from what I gather. It didn't even seem like some of the people realized that fatal injuries were being dealt to their comrades, like when Sami got shot or the bald guy got the spear through the throat. I though the way they portrayed this society's reaction was to being attacked was phenomenal.

It makes sense that none of them really knew how to react. They have an SDF but nobody even knew to go and give them the signal that they were needed. The fact that Ouni, who has been a troublemaker and obsessed with seeing the world outside the mud whale is the only one who could hold his own also seems totally believable to me.

It's human, and even fucking animal, nature to defend yourself.
They didn't need to fight back and kill them, they just needed to defend themselves or even run away and they did neither.

>or the bald guy got the spear through the throat
That's completely wrong though, they knew very well he was dead.

They did run away though. What part of 'take shelter inside of the whale' did you not fucking comprehend in that primitive mind of yours?

They literally needed to be told that.
Most were just staring at the clowns while they they were murdering other people, it's completely retarded.

It's called shock you numbskull.

No, it's called bad writing.

>Hurr durr my argument is weak so I'm just going to say it's bad writing.

>my argument is weak
But it's not, humans totally don't behave like that.
Writing humans with completely unrealistic behaviors is bad writing.

this show went to shit real quick
the writing in this episode is abysmal

imouto of the year
anime of the season

>that autistic kid who keeps talking about realistic human behavior while he has no idea what it means

Wait what, she's Ouni's sister?

probably not biological but still

Utter retards like you should read few wikipedia articles about mass shooting and what people usually do in those situations.
For example: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Norway_attacks
One person killed 69 people and injured 110 more. What a shitty writting, amirite? Why all those people didn't just attack him at once? Where were the cops?
>He did relent in his executions on some occasions: first, when an 11-year-old boy who had just lost his father (Trond Berntsen) during the shooting, stood up against him and said he was too young to die
Asking for mercy? Ahaha. Why didn't that boy just run and hide? It was obviously for cheap drama. What a shit writing.

But anime is indeed shit, but for different reasons.

If they don't have emotions why does he feel excitement?

I think in the manga he said he wasn't compatible with the thing that sucks emotions

This is one of the worst example exposition I have seen recently.

My thoughts exactly. How considerate of all those enemy soldiers to pause their massacre and stand around just long enough for our main characters to have their little dramatic scenes.
And here I thought this was going to be AOTS.

type abemation, the moral of the story is that article 9 of the constitution must be revised.

There's an exposition dump every episode so far and JC staff makes everything look stiff like their namesake. Learn to identify shit anime guys.

Maybe it'll get to be the trainwreck of the season instead.