Houseki no Kuni

I really love Jade she is cool and hard, I also love her green color. I can't wait for seeing more of her.

Translation for the new chapter when?

Dude's working on it right now. His proofreader vanished, so I've gotta fill in.

Probably will be out tomorrow.

Ah, so it's like that, well I hope we'll get the chapter soon, big thanks to the translator and big thanks to you for filling up the rol.

Tell everyone working on it that I love them

Do you guys have any webms?

this is Peridot

>Dia walking around with some snail for the whole episode thinking it's Phos
Is she retarded?

>tfw can never make Cinnabar happy

In this artwork, the art style is from Buddhism, however the story structure seems to be derived from Christianity.
And Parsifal by Richard Wagner and this work have similar parts in their story structure.

>fights by using movements that rip her own arms off

take a guess

Cute but not too bright.
Actually, very bright, but only in the "illumination" sense.

Don't talk smack about mai ?waifu?

>in b4 all those flowers melt and wither due to Cinnabar's poison and she gets MORE depressed because everything she loves and wants to hold dies

Why is everyone in this so cute?

wtf?

I don't get it

Same VA joke?

I've been reading the Houseki manga, and seriously, these sexless gems have no right, NO FUCKING RIGHT, to be this innocently and subtly erotic.

It's not fair; the fine, lovely, long legs and high heels and pure spirits are too much for my penis.

why so many posts deleted?

Ok google, this isn't what I was looking for, but I might actually read it.

I have the most demented wish that I could have violated each of them in their hibernation, while they're all dolled up and cute as princesses.

What the fuck is wrong with me

Please, Sup Forums, end me
I literally just masturbated to this chapter and 20.

no shame in it user

Holy shit dat ass.

I KNOW
I'M NOT EVEN INTO ASS BUT GODDAMN

I want to hibernate with the gems.
It looks so fucking comfy.

Sensei would not allow you to molest his daughterus

Its those rare moments of humanity that really make me like sensei.

Reading the manga

They should just rename this
>The Suffering

>Land of the suffering

i love the paper otaku

I don't care what's her Mohs hardness; I want to bust in ALL of their asses with my dick.

But no really, holy fuck this shit gets depressing, and dark.

They don't wear underwear.
They're all going commando beneath their shorts.

Not that it would serve them any purpose since their skin isn't real (it's powder) and they have no genitourinary systems, but still, I'M ERECT.

Ichikawa-sensei has superb taste. The manga is full of what is essentially fanservice, but without feeling vulgar or in our face.

Let us propagate the greatness of Iincho Jade.
Because her fate is to get more irrelevant as the show goes on.

What happened with GLASSES?

Phos was a mistake.

GOD DAMN IT PHOS

We need more gems with glasses, gems like Jade.

I can't take any more sadness. Seeing Nu-Phos lose her cute hairstyle and innocence and become a butch dyke abomination of minerals and metals was already too much.

STOP BLUSHING, CINNABAR
it hurts my soul that I cannot even slightly comfort her

Its really cute how she remembers the exact promise Phos made, Cinnabar is too pure

>that thigh gap
unf

All that shit around chapters like 18-20 man, and IT JUST GETS WORSE

Now if only Cin could stop moping and Phos could actually say what they want from Cin without being autistic about it.

Have they had a real, proper conversation lately?

>Have they had a real, proper conversation lately?
Let's be honest: NOBODY in this series has a real, proper conversation. That's sort of why they're all emotionally unfulfilled in one way or another.

Their lack of an actual lifespan short of being kidnapped by Mooninites makes it so that all they ever do is smalltalk and teasing each other, and when they are serious, they're normally too busy to broach the subject further.

I fucking knew I recognized her sexy voice

Like nice girls but also kinda like femdom.
Who's better Bort or Dia?

>Dia femdom
I'm open to it.

My Little Diamond Can't Be This Perfect

Both are for firmly but gently dominating in the hugging position and assuring them that they're good, sweet girls, pleb.

It was all the cute little Kumi noises that tipped me off.

>it gets worse

No, it's the same as it was in the beginning. Just because you didn't have a prologue chapter where Heliodor was all cute and stuff and then the Lunarians ripped her apart and took her to the moon while Cinnabar watched in horror doesn't mean that that hadn't happened just before the story started.

If you want femdom, ask Lapis.

If any of you remember Rifyu from the days Umineko was big on Sup Forums, he apparently is watching Houseki too...

And Dia is a bully.

Does Heliodor ever actually come up again?

I'm about half way through the manga so far, and I can't recall them mentioning him really besides that one time

She's not a bully, just wants that Phossu gembooty.

Classic Rifyu.

>If any of you remember Rifyu
Of course I do.
Anyone have a translation of this one?

The reason Phos and Cinnabar are doing so badly is because Phos is barely Phos anymore, in fact she hasn't been properly herself for most of the story. It's like Tokyo Ghoul or any other tale where the hero sacrifices bits and pieces of their humanity for the sake of power- only in this story Phos originally wanted power anyway rather than being forced into it, but once she got it it came at a great price and stole part of her soul. Neo-Phos has many of the mannerisms of the original Phos, but it is difficult to say they're the same being- rather a composite of the original Phos, Lapis and the things Phos learned in varying stages as she lost her legs and arms and head.

>mooninites

screw dose guys!

>that entire Winter sequence
Too much suffering, man. Too much suffering.

I want to BE Kongou Sensei.

The other day some user was complaining that shattering being nothing more than a minor inconvenience to the characters took the feeling of danger out of the story and it got me thinking- if being shattered was life threatening in this story, Dia would be the hero instead of Phos.

Think about it, Dia is a kind person who wants to become stronger and change. Her rival who is gay for her is Bortz, who is edgy as fuck (like sasuke or bakugou or vegeta) and is stronger than Dia and so represents someone to overcome.

In this story Phos would die in the first ten chapters since she'd be the annoying scamp character who is Dia's friend who confides in Dia that she wishes she could be stronger.

Then in the middle of a battle the Lunarians would shoot at Dia only for Phos to intervene and shatter instantly due to her brittle body. Phos' death would then drive Dia to become strong enough to defeat the Lunarians.

But because being shattered isn't life-threatening, Dia is a supporting character while Phos is the main character.

Heliodor was something they talked about early on but she never really comes up again. Even Cinnabar seems to have forgotten about her, despite it seeming like the manga hinted that Heliodor was Cinnabar's only friend before Phos came and stole Cinnabar's heart.

I think Rifyu is on to something here

That's the thing about this story though, we get to see how objectively inferior or incompetent beings deal with that status in a community, especially since these are immortal, unchanging gems.

I wanted to, but was ultimately too lazy to, make a shit-macro of a Mooninite (most likely Err) shooped onto the face of a Lunarian for these Houseki threads

I think in a way the shattering makes it even more tragic than a regular battle manga.

Every shard you lose is a memory that's gone from you forever. These gembutts are literally shaving away at their essence every battle fighting for their existence against an enemy that never gives up and always comes back.

In Phos's case this is more obvious because she tends to lose entire body parts rather than just cracking bits and piecess off, but there are cases where the characters lose just enough for it to be noticeable while still remaining themselves.

Then there's Cairngorm but that's just tragedy overdrive.

Fuck, this part got me more on the second read.

>Neo-Phos
>not cute

Take it back

Please tell everyone who is working on it that they are amazing and that if there's anything I can do (do you all take donations?) I would!

It's on danbooru. Currently has two Rifyu Houseki 4koma, but only the Dia/Cinnabar one is translated.

I'm going to avoid the threads from now on. Today I spent all my fucking day daydreaming about gem butts checking Sup Forums every ten minutes while working
This show is turning me back into a endorphine addicted retard

Rifyu is always onto something, and that something is always GREAT. He's a genius; his Umineko Erika will always be my favorite.

That series of chapters is really great

>A~nn, Was it dangerous Phos?

>I made you angry right now didn't I Phos.

>I've got a lot of shortcomings after all.

>Forgive me, Please

She looks unequivocally like a dude when everybody else (saving sensei) is either androgynous or feminine. No, sir, I do not like it. Take it away.

That was me when I watched the second episode. Then I watched it three more times, binged the manga, watched the first 3 episodes two more times and then reread the manga again and finally setttled down. Shit's almost as bad as crack.

The fact that Rifyu didn't need to edit anything from the show must be why I enjoy the writing so much. It was already what I liked.

Start working out then

i finished typesetting. Ill make a new thread for it to not annoy animeonlys.

This is what peak performance looks like.

>long hair is literally all it takes to make her a man or woman

I think you just associate short hair too strongly with men. Compared to actual men in the story like Sensei or Aechma she is still dainty and effeminate. Your perceptions may have also been warped by the fact that there are only a handful of men in this story overall.

There is something in the anime visuals that strike deep in some people and hooks them up pretty hard.
I shit you not saying that it was more than a decade that I felt so manically attracted to fiction
The impulse that I feel is something closer to "I want to eat them" than something sexual

manga thread

Got into this these last few days. Didn't give much of a chance to any 3D anime before this one since they all looked like garbage, but this honestly is looking better than the original hand-drawn version they displayed on trailers.

Too bad its only getting 12 episodes, because once the author got their shit together even the manga looks quite fantastic in its own weird and loose way.
Truly a tale of desperation that I'd never seen before in anything but a superhero book I read once which is basically set in a almost-apocalyptic setting.
In both the "world" as it is is not IN the end, but it sure is ending and going out with a long and drawn out whimper.
The way the slice of life and warmheartedness of it all is always interrupted by an event that might lead to someone losing a part of themselves or someone entirely forever is great. You can see that the page composition is really built towards tension, much like in works such as Junji Ito's, where you want that page turn but at the same time, you dread it, because you don't QUITE know whats coming, or maybe you do, but the outcome is still uncertain.

I will say that I found the moon people reveal to be a little on the weak side. And I hope things turn out to be worse than they were displayed. Can't say yet. How often do the issues come out? I couldn't figure that out

Okay I cannot take waiting one week anymore. Convince me to either hold on to it and wait for 2 more days or give in and read the manga to laugh at animefags' reactions please. Will watching the anime first then read the manga a better experience than the other way around for this series?

just read the manga first so you can enjoy the scenes in the anime

I think it's monthly. A new chapter has just been translated. The user is dumping it in the thread linked above.

The average moon person is a child just like the gems but it's almost a certainty that Aechma and his scientists are bigger assholes than they're letting on.

I too, have been having this problem.

So everyone on the mango bread uh.
I don't want to be spoilered

this is the Dia thread now.

I like this. Proceed.

I want to approach Dia from behind and not do anything lewd

You messed up your spoiler m8.