Was he an angel?

Canonically.

Yeah thats kinda the fucking point of his character.

But was it ever confirmed in the show? I only remember it being sorta implied.

Spoiler: all humans are angels

Yes. He's supposed to be the angel of free will. It's why he can (sort of) understand people and get Shinji to do what he wants.

Also inb4 Shinji was gay 4 this phreak, thats bullshit he just never felt a connection with anyone other than his dead mom and his alcoholic replacement mom.

He's canonically gay for him though.
Kaworu is based on a real person the director has a gay crush on.

Shinji is bisexual. He's clearly into Kaworu but faps to Asuka as well.

Or he might be so desperate for human affection he doesn't give a shit anymore.

The latter fits better into the themes of eva then Shinji's sexuality imho

That would still make him bi, though.

Anno has said in interviews he's bisexual, and we all know Shinji is based off of Anno, so that makes Shinji bi too.

He is shit

He is best boy

He is cute

Asuka is only for her senpai, Kan-san though.

I want to fuck Kaworu

who doesnt?

He was my angel.

Took the words right out of my mouth, user.

t. Shinji

The fuck show were you watching?
They identified him as code blue and he talked to Shinji for several minutes about how he was going to merge with Adam because he was an Angel.
He could also fly, remote-control an Eva with a dormant soul and manifest an Angel-class AT field

I didn't watch the new season yet, what episode is that in?

It was the third OVA with the onsen.

Okay, I'll try searching it on kissanime later

Or you know, it's both? You can be desperate and gay.

Nope, Shinji is pretty fucking gay. He never liked Asuka other than he thought she was hot, The only one he really loved was Kaworu, that is all.

Kaworu was Tabris. Which is the last angel who carries the soul of Adam, mother of Angels.

The only angel who can procreate of sorts as Lilith (think of them as Queen Bees): so in the hiarchy of angels, Kaworu is actually functioning as female despite the male appearance (while, Armisael the angel that rei faced, for example, despite taking her form, is male: he impregnates Eva 00 to rebirth his siblings). The reason why he was different, outside his human shape (which is meaningless as all of them can shift), is that Adam and Lilith were actually seeds of life: terraformers of planets that carried the soul of an old world that was destroyed. Angels and humans had the same origin, but due to their different shape, they couldn't communicate. Angels were fundamentally children who were also born 15 years ago.

The true villains of Eva are the manchildren adults who took Adam and Lilith fucked with them to slave their souls and put them in young and fragile human shapes they could raise, insolate and manipulate while they used children, the angels and the pilots as sacrificial pawns to obtain something. They were going to kill the pilots after they were done with angels.

Shinji threw a wrench into their plans because he in his clumsy and imperfect way gave Rei and Kaworu some human affection without manipulation attached. So when the Impact rolled in, Adam and Lilith give a middle finger to everyone and put him in charge. Which, granted, it wasn't the wisest decision to do when Shinji was in an emotional breakdown and he wanted to end the world. Still they had patience and did some therapy for him to change his mind.

I noticed that Shinji only showed interest in the chicks when they were shoving their tits in his face, all Kaworu had to do was walk in the room and he had Shinji's full attention

Yes are you fucking deaf??

Because read the script.

Kaworu was supposed to be breathtakingly beautiful and 'ethereal'. It's not like he was attracted to ugly chicks either, or Touji. Rebuild makes him more generic bishie, but back in NGE days, Kaworu was meant to be androgynous as fuck. That's why they hired Akira Ishida whose most recent VA was a famous trap.

Kaworu was designed was an ideal of beauty and his design, according to Sadamoto combined Asuka's, Rei's and Shinji's.

Sounds gay, I like it.

Kwarou had a part of the soul of adam and the cloned body of the human who sacrificed himself to stop 2nd impact. Despite his physical form the soul made him one of adam's offspring, so he's an angel. This is the canon.

Shut up Shinji.

Great post, except for this part:
>an old world that was destroyed