Why are modern artists so shit when there are old greco-roman masters to be inspired from?

Why are modern artists so shit when there are old greco-roman masters to be inspired from?

Attached: 3873456.jpg (736x1102, 192K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iNbd_DuKiTo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because real art takes effort and skill.

This.
Most (((artists))) now are leftist pieces of shit and they have the monopoly. Its like getting into any industry, they block the gates.

you just don't know about the good artists

This

Because people today are parasites and don't put effort and time into their artwork and look for a quick way to do something.

It's easier to smear poop on a wall?

There are people who do stuff like this currently, but they don't get recognition. Unless it's literal dog shit, modern art galleries are not interested.

There are still really good ones imo.

Attached: _rondo_of_moon2_by_ruanjia-d7vwlpp.jpg (1550x1054, 1.01M)

You're looking at the wrong artists.

Roberto Ferri, currently living italian art master. They are around but are not very known as thats not whats promoted these days.

Attached: LA-MORTE-DELLA-SFINGE-olio-su-tela-170x100cm-anno-2015.jpg (736x722, 72K)

You do not know what art is. You look at only the best of art and compare all art to it. Modern art is still art. You may not understand it, but it is art.

I remember this troll that made this exhibit where he threw a bunch of trash on the floor of an art museum and instructed the janitors to clean it up after a crowd gathered around it. He made the crowd look like idiots and thought he was being funny and ridiculing modern art.

Guess what? That troll was itself art.

Honestly, you sad faggots will never know what art is and in this new age, everyone thinks they are a fucking critic.

Art isn't just pretty pictures with perfect life-like resemblance.

I wonder what the Guernica would have looked like To you morons when Picasso first made it.

Attached: Mural_del_Gernika.jpg (1247x650, 194K)

>you may not understand it but this is what peak artist performance looks like

Attached: 63ed387e6b9834775327cf1173eed54f887c92052e6691bf0ddca1812085166f.jpg (255x210, 9K)

Guernica is a piece of shit and picasso is overrated.

This.

To be a master you basically have to start early and do it all your life, which school and modern education makes impossible.

Just look at Mozart for example, I was forced to practice all my childhood and went to learn from the greatest masters of my time.

>I

Attached: 378043.jpg (700x700, 43K)

Attached: not_a_shark_posting_this.jpg (638x800, 303K)

Dalí > Picasso

Attached: Salvador Dalí - Santiago El Grande.jpg (598x800, 98K)

Attached: 700.jpg (600x600, 64K)

There are amazing modern arts on par with the old masters. They're not the ones with art hanging in galleries. (((friends))) of certain (((men of power))) are the ones who get their shit (sometimes literal shit) hung in galleries. It's all a great big tax dodging scheme when it boils down to it. Just to show how far the corruption has spread. Even our arts and culture are compromised. Just like there are great novels written that will never be published because they aren't kosher.

If you're talking about the products of art school, it's where kids go when mom says they need to get a degree but they don't actually want to work hard or study anything. It's an adult day camp with pretentious fingerpainting. Only retards who hate art go to art school.

youtube.com/watch?v=iNbd_DuKiTo

>why don't we keep the same style forever?

Because you're one of those idiots who thinks realism is the only good art.

Attached: 1458097766792.png (255x216, 33K)

>he forgets that Hellenistic art was steeped in surrealism and distortion

Because instead of taking on the craft of our fathers we go to school instead, ending with neither a skill or knowledge.

That's why.

>there is only realism and post modern feminist pissblood drinking contests and nothing else
are you autistic or something?

But goy, it's oppressive to have people learn from their family and people around them, let us take care of it

Your pic not related.

Picasso should be re-classified as a cartoonist.

Attached: CartoonHorse.png (239x161, 102K)

t. /i/

Modern art is a deconstruction of art following marxist principles.
Its purpose is to equalize real art with shit art and rob us of our objective sense of esthetics, replacing it with a subjective one malleable to exterior, subversive forces.

The statues are still very lifelike even if they are exaggerated.

Is that what I said? iirc I'm not the one who made a thread asking why modern artists try to come up with their own styles instead of copying the same old shit from the days of Jesus.

Because the greco-roman artists were inspired by the infinite beauty of creation itself while modern artists are inspired by "muh feels."

Because success is crimethink, it hurts less skilled artists' precious feelings.

There's lots of even *hyper*realist artists out there.

But of course for gallerists and dealers art that is quicker to produce is more interesting, financially.

And of course hyperrealism also begets the question: what's the point of spending months in producing a painting that cannot be distinguished from a photo, in this day and age when you could just take a photo in an instant.

CIA Jews created "modern art" to compete against Soviet Jew's "structuralism"

Attached: modern art 43.jpg (1507x874, 162K)

we're living on the edge of a new dark age

> you just don't understand it

Real reason - Marxist goal of destroying the unit systems of measuring society so failures can be winners.

Pic related - muh profound art.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-14-11-11-39.png (1440x2880, 2.37M)

>Muh Dark Ages
never happened
It's just an enlightenment meme made to discredit the Middle Ages.
Advancements were thriving in agricultural and philosophical sector, as well as construction engineering.
But a Dark Age IS coming.

>in this day and age when you could just take a photo in an instant.
What if it's something you couldn't take a photo of ?

Attached: 1520986957319.png (998x667, 33K)

Because Semitic degenerates adore ugliness and filth

Attached: 1513430246137.png (1000x1000, 1.99M)