youtube.com/watch?v=gMgO8q1Dmm4
a.pomf.cat/acltvn.mp4
a.pomf.cat/ssxndr.webm
a.pomf.cat/ymowty.webm
nyaa.si/view/933260
nyaa.si/view/972836)
nyaa.si/view/972835
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You watched a full 100 episodes without reaching a conclusion?

Someone post Lum in her school uniforms, I forgot to tag them.

Could I watch the movies without having seen the series?

watch the series. Sup Forums has had like 2 full rewatches in the last few years

Just watch it. You won't enjoy the movies if you haven't. There's no other show more worthy of your time. Just drop whatever seasonal crap you picked up and watch Urusei Yatsura instead.

Serious question. If the anime is over 30 years old, does she count as a cake?

No.

> Lum dress lewd

user, I've got bad news.

Nah. Anime characters don't age after their series end. They just exist in a bubble.

This is my favorite show of all time. The characters feel like my family. When I watch the show I'm hanging out with them. I know all the episodes really well. I saw it by chance as a kid on KTEH and was like what the fuck is this shit, and my parents got me a bunch of VHS tapes for Christmas.

>tfw they were left in a shed and got moldy

Fuck! No! I'd get a little depressed if I left my entire Tenchi Muyo VHS collection out to get fucked by the elements.

Take the express route if you want to save time:

Episodes 1-3
Episodes 5-10
Episodes 12-18
Episodes 21-22
Episode 24
Episodes 30-33
Episode 35
Episodes 37-39
Episodes 42-45
Episode 48
Episodes 50-51
Episodes 53-54

Movie 1 - Only You

Episodes 58-65
Episode 68
Episode 70
Episodes 75-79
Episode 82
Episode 87
Episodes 89-90
Episode 94
Episodes 97-98
Episodes 100-101

Movie 2 - Beautiful Dreamer

Episodes 105-106

Nah. She's a psychotic electric eel with the mentality of a 4 year old child.

The new film torrent is out:

nyaa.si/view/972837

Why aren't you downloading it RIGHT NOW?

I wanna watch this series, but all those EPs man..
Are all of them really equally worth it?

Please nobody do this!

Watch the damn show you fucking ADHD pieces of shit.

Like tears in rain.

Colors seem pretty washed out. Also it is an upscale.

Just watch it you piece of shit.
What is the fucking point of this? You're going to watch 150 episodes of a 200 episode show?

Fuck off Ran.

I made it for people who keep asking about whether or not they need to watch the whole series before the movies, or more specifically, Beautiful Dreamer.

Of course you should watch the whole thing, but if you really don't want to, you should watch those episodes at a bare minimum first.

Factually wrong, I watched Beautiful Dreamer without even knowing what the show was and loved it.

>Colors seem pretty washed out
Easy fix. Learn to mpv.

>upscale
Still looks light years better than the old batch and it's not a crop (at least I dont think so).

But user, not aging after the 28th episode is the exact definition of what I'm looking for here.

Knowing the characters really helps you enjoy and understand it more, but yeah, same.

That's retarded.

I'll always say this when someone asks this, first 15 or so episodes are kind off a drag but when it really gets going it doesn't stop. (until it literally does)

I disagree. The first 15 are some of the best.

BLACKED

I got so excited during this episode when Ataru got jealous. It's always exciting to see that he really does love Lum.

nice

He's a lot darker there than he is in the anime.

Choose your Lum.

Episode 45

Manga Lum > THICC Lum > Cute Early Anime Lum > An Angel

Hahahahaha

Well it happened.

Manga > Episode 1 > Official Art 2 > Chapter 1 > *

Why did she get so many redesigns?

I had the same experience. Saw this movie on the scifi channel decades ago. It really interested me, despite my hatred of dubs. Then I watched the movie subbed and liked it even more. Then watched the TV show.

None of those are redesigns except maybe Chapter 1 compared to the rest

Lum is okay, but Shinobu is better.

I choose this Lum.

Think about how long the series was being produced, from the beginning of the manga in 1978 and the last OVA/movie in 1991.There was a huge shift in anime art style during that time span.

youtube.com/watch?v=KbWmEuitRZk
Rarity: one of the ads advertising UY's debut in 1981. It was aired just after Dr. Slump in the same hour slot.

It happens to all long running anime. Based on who is the lead designer of each new season.

Does Japan have good taste?

youtube.com/watch?v=0OU9hYWriYw

They used to in the 90s. But in the 80s and 2000s, hell no.

>Shinobu fan
>Pedophile

Makes sense.

Do you enjoy the soundtrack of this show?

a.pomf.cat/aqlrkm.mp3

a.pomf.cat/lpynah.mp3

a.pomf.cat/ryqhwt.mp3

Nah, that's THE cute anime girl

That makes no sense at all.

Same for me, it's my girlfriend's favorite movie so I watched it before anything else like an uncultured pleb and loved it.

Then I watched pic related and I don't know what the fuck

Can't decide between Qipao Lum and Bikini Armor Lum, what do?

Cute anime girls didn't happen until 2006 with Haruhi Suzimiya. Sorry, oldfags.

Kurama called her jailbait early in the series.

She's 16-17 though. Acceptable, although just barely by Japanese standards.

Baby baby

Okay...but that still makes no sense. She's one of the most developed girls in the show and the same age as Ataru.

Here is the boob chart.

She is ok.

youtube.com/watch?v=gMgO8q1Dmm4

>But in the 80s
Wrong.

The most popular shows in the 80s were cliche romcoms and formulaic mecha. It's like an entire decade was run by Hallmark and Dick Wolf. Urusei Yatsura was a pleasant change from what was popular at the time.

Film 5 Kanketsuhen

What is Kyoko doing there?

Dunno. Hokuto no Ken, Ashita no Joe 2, VOTOMS, DB were pretty good.

The 80s were great. Your opinions are shit.

There are always exceptions. Just like today I can name plenty of shows that aren't ecchi harems or seikai clones. Yet clearly what was popular in the 80s was formulaic romcoms and mecha. Which allowed shows like Dragon Ball and Urusei Yatsura to stand out.

How does Sup Forums feel about Oyuki?

Yeah, but those "formulaic mecha and romcoms" are some of the best anime ever made.

>KOR
>Maison Ikkoku
>best anime ever made

Both of those are fine. And mecha anime was good in the 70s, and the 80s, and even the 90s too.

Those shows are great though.

>implying urusei yatsura wasn't mecha

a.pomf.cat/acltvn.mp4

>cue random track from Magical Mystery Tour

The thing about mecha anime is that they were mostly treated as interchangeable. They'd run for about a year or less and then get replaced by another show.

Whereas, shows of different genres would last a really goddamn long time since they were selling the show itself rather than the toyline.

So you'd have shows that'd last for years like Urusei Yatsura, Mister Ajikko, City Hunter, Yawara, Kinnikuman, etc. All very different types of anime.

Would you a cow?

Cows are the only thing I'd.

Dona Donaaa

I'd make that into a burger and serve it with a side of french fries, if you understand my meaning.

Hell yeah, have another
a.pomf.cat/ssxndr.webm

a.pomf.cat/ymowty.webm

Pela pela. Pela pela, pela?

Make sure you get these:

nyaa.si/view/933260

nyaa.si/view/972837 (or nyaa.si/view/972836)

nyaa.si/view/972835

So which is better, left or right?

Left is an upscale to 720p but no crop. Right is the official BD, but it's cropped.

Left also had a bit of a color issue but I tweaked it out (learn how to adjust your video rendering).

Pic related is the untweaked left for reference.

The official BDs seem to be upscales too. So, yeah, left is better.

Stop making these threads every day. It's easy to tell its you since you post the same stuff in them.

How are you tweaking the colors? The only thing I can think of is using a vapoursynth script with mpv or something