Which martial artist's life do you want to see get adapted for manga?

Which martial artist's life do you want to see get adapted for manga?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_White_Hope_(film)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why settle on just one? I would have all of them in a single show where they fight eachother while exploring their past and building relationships between fights.

cute legendary fighters turned into little girls doing cute things when?

Bruce Lee

Naruto

I want an entire series from Hinata's perspective about life with Naruto

Lol i can beat bruce lee in a figth, no problem. What a manlet. Im 250lbs 6'6 lean krav maga practictioner btw

Good idea

Muhammad Ali

shut the fuck up, you cannot beat bruce lee because you are taller

Mike Tyson.
Would be a way better story than Ippo

this, that would be bad-ass, and have him do the dub

damn

I imagine most of us could beat him, considering he is dead and all

just smash a skeleton to pieces.

>Tyson lisp in Japanese

kek

Rickson up to pride, then Kron takes it from there.

jackie chan

Nope, i meant I practice a superior martial art, taller and heavier. I could blast him in one flick literally

sure buddy, what ever lets you sleep at night

Rocky Marciano. His insane approach to training for fights, and his miser ways would be great.

What about Sugar Ray Robinson?

what about manny pacquiao

Would it be the most powerful manga of all time?

yes, that would be actually good

I would probably read the shit out of a Pacquiao manga. He has been through some shit, and it would be a total steal for a shonen manga series. Philippines itself is a interesting setting for a manga anyway. Probably wouldn't sell well but fuck it.

depends, it might do better as an anime than a manga, but I think manga would be the better choice

Buakaw

Samart the GOAT

Manny Pacquiao. And I want it to end with him getting knocked out because I hate him.

Kazushi Sakuraba

Likeable personality, beat people over his weight limit, Gracie killer, insane moveset, etc.

Miyamoto Musashi where the manga actually finishes

Evilore, is that you? Quit sneaking up on naked chick's in the shower. Not cool, man no means no.

Also Bruce would literally punch your head off with minimal effort

D E K K E R S

Rocky marciano

Muay Thai savagery.

everyone is just naming popular people but the stories aren't that interesting.

Jose Aldo would be the greatest manga

>Initially wants to be a football (soccer) player
>keeps getting beat up
>so poor he would go days without eating
>sisters put his face on a barbeque pit leaving a lasting scar well into adulthood
>trains caopeira to better defend himself
>A BJJ artist sees him and invites him to come try out BJJ
>moves to Rio De Janeiro with literally nothing
>has his first MMA fight at 17 where he wins by head kick in 18 seconds
>becomes one of the greatest mma of all time
>loses to a meme leprechaun after getting taunted
>loses again after getting CTE

It's a better version of Hajime no Ippo

Back when I started doing BJJ I thought the Gracies were the coolest shit ever, but then I actually started looking into them and holy shit what a bunch of losers.

Julio Cesar Chavez.

I liked Aldo but he really can't be taken too seriously now

He can't be taken seriously for the same reason Silva can't be taken seriously; he aged out of his prime and became beatable. Dude had 9 straight title defenses in one of the deepest divisions in the sport.

Tragic stories still make for good reading

You can easily get 800+ chapters of Aldo's life

Fedor

are chinese martial arts actually practical in real life? All I know is that it looks cool.

Jake "the Raging Bull" La Motta

Aldo is only 31 and he was probably 29 at UFC 194. I said I liked him and I bet money on him beating McGregor, but getting taken out by one punch (and the knee from the ref) is just sad .

They are. Bruce Lee's teacher was a Chinese guy called Ip Man. Dude more or less single-handedly passed on a style called "Wing Chun" which is the foundation of many Chinese martial arts today. Something like half of Chinese dojo's in North America can trace their teachers back to Ip Man in only 3 or 4 generations of practitioners. The Chinese have been cashing in on this to make tons of kung fu movies about the guy.

a trained person naturally has an advantage over an untrained person just by staying in shape.

You gotta look at fight years, man. Professional fighters get worse after 10 or so years of fighting with very few exceptions. That plus how hard his gym trained meant he was never going to champion after 30.

>the clones coming out the door at the end
I laugh every time

There are like 3 that are actually any good. With a lot of the rest you're actually hurting your chances in a fight by learning them.

Man those movies got more and more ridiculous.
>fights 10 japs
>fights white boxer guy
>fighting fucking mike tyson

turkish oil wrestling with JC

Bruce Lee wasn't even good at fighting. 6 months of training in a grappling art or a year of training in boxing or Muay Thai would be all it would take to beat him.

I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. The hell is it from?

Yeha lol, only the first one was really good. Although the ending of the third one, where he fights the other wing chun guy, that was pretty great.
I cried a little bit when his wife died.

I prefer Somluk. He rope-a-doped his way from muay thai circuit to Olympic gold medal.

He also won the gold metal the same year Floyd Mayweather Jr lost and in semi-final and only got bronze.

Some, but you won't look fancy doing them like in the movies.

Yeah, but Floyd getting bronze is regarded as the worst robbery in the history of Olympic boxing
At that's really saying something

Saying what exactly?

Andy Hug would be kino.

Bas Rutten too, but only if he's in charge of his script and does his lines in the dub.

user is saying you should check your pockets after he bumped into you

>sisters put his face on a barbeque pit leaving a lasting scar well into adulthood

I'd love to see this page with cute bully anime sisters

The Olympics are pretty well known for being corrupt
This is especially true for ones that can have subjective judging
This is especially especially true for boxing
The referee literally raised Floyd's hand when the scores were read, then made them recheck it because he thought there was a mistake. The robbery was so bad that every judge involved was forced to resign, and Mayweather's opponent even apologized to him. As the most blatant case of corruption in the most easily-corrupt sport in the Olympics, it's quite possibly the worst case of corrupt judging in all of sports.

excuse me while i go beat a nigga up

Fuck martial artists, I want to see an anime about Zui Quan-bu!

i think it's funny that i was actually in an argument against a guy who was saying high kicks weren't practical in muay thai/kickboxing but i don't think he's ever watched many kickboxing matches

Only if it includes ample coverage of how he allegedly didn't rape anyone.

As long as it's abundantly clear throughout the anime/manga that Manny hates gays.

he needs a good pounding

Nobody wants to see an anime adaptation of The Great White Hope?

It's the life story of Jack Johnson. It's possibly one of the greatest 'fighter' stories that you could possibly wish for as someone looking to adapt a life story, in general. It's got all the elements necessary to have an anime adaptation, too.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_White_Hope_(film)
>He could beat any white man in the world. He just couldn't beat all of them.

I want to see an anime about the most absolute madman that truly gave the least amount of fucks in combat sports history.

based fucking saku

There are some decent one wing chun at a good gym is good especially if you are a small male or a woman (still do strength training), Bajiquan ( is basically hit a fucker as hard as you can uses alot of elbows and knees) and Hung Gar is apparently decent as well.

That doesn't return any results on Google. So, who or what is that meant to be?

OY SAKU
YOU STILL HAVE OXYGEN IN YOUR MUSCLES
SUB ARONA HARDER. USE YOUR HEAD TO ABSORB MORE BLOWS MAKING HIM TIRED
YAMATO DAMASHI

Honestly you could make an entire season out of Pride's 2000 Grand Prix. The 90 minute fight against Royce Gracie that he won immediately followed by him drawing against the best Heavyweight in the world would need at least 9 episodes to get through.

good choice.

Personally I would suck a dick for a Megumi "Mega Megu" Fujii manga. It would be Teppuu but on stetoids

If you're not in favor with the judges, you can only win by knockout.

Last Olympics, in wrestling, there was definitely referee collusion and blatant disregard for proper mat assignment of referees. But boxing is just fucked.

Only if it also includes Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao.

Sakuraba is Baki The Grappler though.

Seconding a Mega Megu manga.

Wrestling is fucked anyway because it's no longer guaranteed to be in the Olympics and the few judges left are getting paid by the IOC to shit-can it.

That'd be dope.

Imagine if they animated Aoki vs Sakuraba. I'd fucking cry

The Silva fights would be more depressing tbqh, getting beaten down by a roided up monster

>and then I "badangadang him and den liver kick!"

translation groups would get shit on for poor translations when they were correct:(

nah he is definitely ippo
not in fight style but in terms of what his manga would look like

>"Oy blacks are dangerous with super strength"
>no blacks win their fights
>rampage = bryan hawk
>gets beaten up and wins with last second subs
>his corner refuses to throw in the towel and he gets the shit beaten out of him

OK, I take it back, he's Ippo but also is the basis for Baki's look.

I would loooooooooove to see an anime about the Japanese women's wrestling team.

Seconded.

Those were pretty bad but Aoki and Sakuraba is the saddest to me. Sakuraba is old, Aoki is the current Japanese pride of MMA. Aoki is winning real hard but the stupid ass referee never stopped the fight, even Aoki looked depressed for what he had to do to win. Sakuraba ends up as a bruised mess. It'd be a nice final arc for Sakuraba if he had an anime.

>the basis for Baki's look
I very much doubt that

they would have to skip a lot of saku's losses to make that loss meaningful

Kino.

How is this thread even Sup Forums?

here I saved the thread

Jon Jones for a tragedy about a shining star who fell

Dominic Cruz for an inspiring comeback story

Kazushi Sakuraba's Gracie Hunter fights for putting over superior nihon martial arts

>Dominic Cruz for an inspiring comeback story

"Gays are animals"
- t. Manny Pacquiao

Not really. Too make it real dramatic, have Saku's loses from Miller to Cabral be montages. Friends and family will tell Sakuraba to just hang up the boots, he still can have a career in puroresu. He thinks about it but realizes he still has not fought Aoki. He says if he ever wants to retire, he wants to fight Aoki first. You know how the story ends.

Shit, I had something to do so I couldn't reply earlier.
It's "Zui Quan", basically, Drunken Fist. the -bu thing denotes a club.
So I basically want an anime about a club of Drunken Fist fighters. The legality of alcohol consumption for 14 year olds left aside, it could be fun if done right.