Was there ever a villian that was actually justified? I.e the audience empathized with the villain more than the protag?

Was there ever a villian that was actually justified? I.e the audience empathized with the villain more than the protag?

You just posted him.

Kumagawa. Because I am not able to feel a thing from Medaka.

every villain that acts for love, like a wife or something, I can't help but sympathize with.

By me.

Kira from JoJo Part 4

Inb4 Griffith

Griffith

Zamasu

Bondrewd

Lucifer

>Bondrewd doing things for the sake of humanity.
>And then this shit little robot and his friend destroyed all of his works.

Also nice quint.

Dindu nuffin.

Squealer
If you told the story from his PoV he'd be a straight up hero who just had to engage in some unsavoury means to meet a justified end

Bad circumstances I guess

Gankutsuou

Akemi Homura

>ultra-megasatan supports Bondrewd
Now there's a shock.

justified in what way?

Lordgenome did nothing wrong
>Forced people to live underground to suppress the population growth and spiral power growth, all for the sake of humanity's survival against the Anti-Spirals and Spiral Nemesis

by me

The Count of Monte Cristo did literally nothing wrong and was justified in everything he did. The worst thing the Count did was kill Franz, and that was only because the former accepted Albert's challenge. Fernand going crazy and staging a coup was not on the Count.

he just wanted a normal life.

kept getting kinkshamed

>kuma refuses to have open honest dialogue with her friend and disappears to greener pastures, instead pinging the pong with someone better at it and much more attractive
>ace won't stop sucking at ping pong and immediately replaces her old friend with kuma 2.0, equally guilty for not doing anything but crying and occasionally gloating

There's no heroes here, just NTR all around.

“But who prays for Homura? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”— Mark Twain

How come Gotou from Parasyte receives no love? He's basically what OP describes.

He just wanted someone to jerk him off, too bad every woman he met was a bitch

Yea, a lot

>Routinely approached by women to hang out
>Some of which are even concerned about him after his death
>Turns them down so he can kill people
Murder is never justified.

*blocks your path*

I wanted Meruem to beat the Chancellor so badly...

If you count him as a villain I guess, at a certain point when a character becomes too justified and easy to empathize with, they aren't really a villain anymore.

Another I can think of is Makishima from Psycho Pass, though he wasn't very empathetic. He just had more justified goals than the protags.

SuiginTou.

No one did anything wrong in Gurren Lagann except Rossiu

Dropped pic, first sentence is about Squealer.

that depends on if you consider being retarded wrong

Sakai Yuuji

I preferred the live action version

Squealer did nothing wrong

Nigga, this

basically anime elliot rodger

This. He was the real force of good in the end.

Anybody who even remembers this shitheap of a show does because of this guy. For good reason. Nigga did nothing wrong.

The greatest. I'm not talking about full genocidal retard Char here.

Kuma 2.0 made Ace improve, that's downright heroic.

Team Amakusa in Fate/Apocrypha

>Anybody who even remembers this shitheap of a show does because of this guy.
Be honest user. We remember it for the blind loli bullying.

Light I guess

Kumagawa was truly best boy.

Fuck them for giving the anime project to Gainax. Not only was it sub-par but giving a semi long series to a studio like that is just asking for it never to get more seasons.

He is the protag tho.

Not anime at all, but I recently had the misfortune of viewing Heavy Metal 2000, and quite literally the only character who has any drive, motivation, or passion is the villain Tyler (voice my Michael Ironside). For the entirety of the movie, my friends and I was were cheering and praying for this guy to just shoot or bludgeon the main characters to death.

He was a bad man who liked killing and rape, but he was the only source of entertainment throughout that awful snoozefest of early 2000s edgy animation. Honestly, if you transplanted the guy out of HM2K and into some other, not terrible, space oriented scifi media, he'd still be a great antagonist.

Lie in the depths of death, my foolish tribe.

This, I love stories where neither side has the moral high ground, good triumphing over evil is good an all, but it's at best light reading, or whatever the anime equivalent is.

This, he saves the whole show.

AMEN

Shit you posted it before me.

at least three times faster

Black bullet was mediocre at best, and if you sympathize with terrorists blowing up lolis then move to the middle east and give ISIS a hand.

This

Big Mom she just wants to eat some of that sweet sweet cake

But she's the hero not a villain.

HE WUZ A GUDD BOI

Goetia

NoxWasRightFags need to stop.

He was a tragic character, and he was well performed, but he was a deranged loony who murdered thousands and set himself up for failure (His insanity was brought on by the cube, but even so).

He was a likable character, and it would have felt good to see the poor guy get to be with his family again, but he was most assuredly the bad guy. And at no point was I rooting for him over the Brotherhood.

Funny Valentine

Not the same guy, but...I'm not saying Nox was right. He was absolutely bonkers. But the thing is, if he had won and everything had gone according to plan?

None of those deaths would have happened or would have had cause to happen. Nox would be with his family and a thousand years later, he'd be long dead and everyone would just be doing their own thing. Nox 100% winning would have been the *happy* ending.

...Not that I'm biased because Xelor are the best race or anything.

I'd want to kill everyone too if I was in Gundam Seed.

They ruined him in season six though by just making him straight up evil.

Pic related
Because no one remembers that show anymore. Shame.

>Father Anderson
>"Villain"
Are you a filthy protestant?

>sympathizing with a shittily traced OC

best girl and true villain of her series.

Wait, did this series actually go somewhere?
What happens to Hatoko?

Ellen did nothing wrong.

He won too

Here's one for you. Not sure if he counts as a villain though since he turns out to be a hero.
But the protagonists were trying to bring him down for a while.

Brings back memories of watching this in my Christian aunt's house as a child.

? People think the Count of Monte Cristo is a villain?

>66666
SATAN HAS SPOKEN

>mfw getting to the true ending

That true ending though.

I don't remember much about yozakura quartet, but I do remember wanting this guy to win.

Shogo Makishima

Obligatory reminder that he did literally nothing wrong.

I think Truck-kun is widely misunderstood. People tend to view him as a harbringer of death, but in reality people just interfere with his quest to haul loads and help society run.

s q u e a l e r

The episode with Kira's gf being abducted by the protagonists was intense as fuck. I loved how it made me instinctively root for Kira despite the macabre context. This is exactly what the OP wrote

This guy should be at the top of that gay list of villain motivations instead of mass murdering psycho Ozzy. This was the only villain who really made me want the heroes to lose or join him. His motives were pure, his endgame was the hottest shit and the abrupt conclusion of his final arc makes you feel like the character became too likable for the author to consider him a villain so he had to resort to an ass-pull before it gets too late. Best written "villain" in all media

>mfw getting to the true ending after the pseudo-third ending's no save run

/thread