People who don't pay attention

Why do people start doing other shit while watching anime? If theyre not even looking at the screen then theres no way theyre gonna know what the fucks going on and then they criticize the show later because it doesnt make sense to them. If you need to text then just pause the show. Legitimately curious. My friend does this and it drives me fucking insane.

Normies just dont understand user

Its because they dont actually enjoy anime. Its just a nerdy trend theyve jumped on. Its a meme to them so it really doesnt matter if they know whats going on

this desu

Maybe they aren't too much into it. It's just an anime dude calm down.

Its just annoying you know? Its not ruining my life but its just one my pet peeves

Maybe your friends just want to spend some time with you because they enjoy your company regardless of whatever shit you're making them watch, don't be so grumpy.

It's not just anime. A lot of normies do it with all movies and tv shows

I listen to rap while watching anime or reading manga

Why though? Why even bother turning it on if youre not gonna pay attention? I just dont get it

>hanging out with people that glue their faces to a phone
>hanging out with people in 3D in the first place
mistakes

>insinuating anyone on this site has a good enough personality for that

Not OP, but I've watched my roommate scroll through Netflix for a fair amount of time to find something to watch or to find the last episode he was on only to get up and start making food or browsing on his laptop.

I get wanting to have something on in the background, but if that's all you want put on a documentary or something; you don't need to spend time looking for something you don't plan on watching.

Mainly I'm just bitching because I'm tired of him "watching" something and then saying he didn't understand it. Yeah, no shit, you ignored 60% of it.

Yeah but at least youre paying attention. Youre engaged with the subject at hand. I know people who dont even look at the screen and these niggas sure as hell dont understand jap speak

For a lot of people it's just something in the background. Just like most people like to turn on music without actually listening to it.

>hurrr everyone is an autist
Not really, I have a good amount of friends and a normal life. Not everyone who likes anime has to be a weirdo.

Here's a better question. Why are you wasting your time watching anime when you should be doing shit with your friend. Because it sounds less like they're the ones with the problem and more like you're a bad host.

Then shouldnt they turn on something in a language they actually understand? Like a podcast or something

Subscribed!

Sounds like he's just looking for an excuse to kill some time. Everyone does it from time to time.
My friends don't even know I watch anime, and its not like they are available 24/7 to go out all the time, they had lifes too.

OP here. Personally i never have people just because I know theres nothing to do at my house. This is the experience Ive had at my friends house. I dont mind him wanting to watch anime because i like talking about the episodes after we watch them.

If hes looking to kill time, he should get on that Sup Forums website.

>had
have
Why not? Literally what I'm doing right now.

Good job user

Jesus Christ