Haha, how can Fatefags admit to thinking this shit is good?

Haha, how can Fatefags admit to thinking this shit is good?

youtube.com/watch?v=jp8Px8-Thk0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ek2O6bVAIQQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Think about it, a famous, popular and respected hollywood actor read a line from what's basically a doujin soft.
My mind was blown the first time I saw this.

I know right? and to think other erotica like Game of Thrones get similar treatment

shocking and degenerate

I think GoT is treated the way it is because it's a TV show that looks like a movie in terms of professionalism. It's not like Fate which has budget anime and is a shitty VN. Mind you I haven't seen any GoT content so I'm not talking in defence of it

the show is based on the books

the point is that the books/show also contain lots of sexual imagery/sex/eroticism,
and are still treated as mature stuff- so the issue isnt the lewd content intself

>budget anime
say what you want, but UFOBW had an impressive production budget

>the show is based on the books
Well yeah but the books weren't all that popular before the show

>GoT
>50 shades of grey
>treated as mature stuff
Not sure what marketing morning show you've been listening to but that's all just marketing. That's like pretending Psycho Pass or Ghibli movies are treated as mature stuff.

they're obviously not high culture, but GoT is viewed as more than some perverted schlock

by marketing. Yes.

Important difference is that GoT doesn't have a self-insert protagonist with retarded morals, to whom these erotic scenes happen.

It's just an autohypnotic chant. It's not meant to be literature, it's meant for a mage to warm up their magic cannon. I don't get how this is viewed as either good or bad.

>GoT doesn't have a self-insert protagonist

Jon Snow is a bastard child (but lolnotreally) and is sent to an exiled place to guard a wall against ancient zombies that haven't appeared in centuries. Plot twist, the zombies are back, but no one will listen to Jon Snow! He eventually gets proven right over and over again and is shown as the smartest person there. There's also a fat guy that everyone but Jon picked on, and it's revealed the fat guy is actually super smart and they become friends. There are also wildfags on the other side of the wall and they want to get over to the nice, non-zombie side. But there is a bunch of bad blood between wildfags and wallfags so they fight and stuff. Jon gets captured but befriends the wild fags and fucks some wild bitch. Which is against the rules of the Wallfags, but there is no consequences because he's Jon Snow. Anyway, he escapes and becomes the leader of the Wallfags anyway. Then he unites the Wildfags and Wallfags through the power of mutual friendship, and they go fuck up some faggots who were messing with his notrealfamily (but totally is) castle. This negated centuries of bad blood. Then there was a revolt at some point and they killed Jon Snow, but some red witch bitch was able to revive him because he's important and favored by her god. He also has noble lineage secretly and recently fucked his hot dragonborn aunt but it's ok because they didn't know they were related.

Now, tell me if he doesn't sound like a standard VN protag.

The aunt is mary sue as fuck too

Not that guy, but that sounds like a total mess. How come it's so popular?

It started out ok, but they kept diverging further from the books and the series went on and it shows. I will admit that I purposefully dumbed down some parts to make a point, but none of it is wrong.

It's just smutty LotR with people saying cunt and fuck a lot. Some main characters die as shock value which was alright. It has some great characters too. The problem is some characters fell too much into the protag tropes like Jon Snow, so he went from likable with flaws to middle earth jesus. It's entertaining though, I will say that.

Also forgot to mention, you don't notice the slow degrading because it jumps between follows MCs and factions per episode, a few of which are still very flawed and good characters. So by the time you look back and realize that things are starting to go just a bit too well/conveniently for characters like Daenerys and Jon, you're already like 40 hours in and want to still watch it for the others

>but that sounds like a total mess. How come it's so popular?
Messes are fun and memorable to watch dude. I really don't know what else to tell you. That Rewrite summary is comedy gold for instance

Not familiar with that, mind posting?

If you want to get yourself spoiled on one of the greatest VNs of all time look it up yourself

Hm, I suppose I should actually play it one day. I guess I should just make a note to ask for the summary afterwards.

ASoIaF is great book series. It's just become too popular. And TV series is basically fanfiction now

In the most recent season the villains start doing ridiculous shit to make it seem like "team good guys" isn't stupidly broken and overpowered in comparison
Like a guy who manages to sneak up on a fleet of ships, with another fleet of ships. Also his fleet of ships can be in any place in the ocean at any time he needs despite the continent being roughly larger than Europe.
Also the villains managed to take the capital of the richest family in the continent (with the best equipped and possibly well trained soldiers) in a scene transition.
But then the good guys manage to turn the tides of retardation by sending an unarmored cavalry unit against a spear wall despite there being a huge hole in the spear wall due to them using a dragon.
Then YASS QUEEN burns some PoWs (A father and his son, how nice) because they won't bend the knee to some incest born freak who brings an army of rapists and eunuchs to pillage the country. Basically between stealth fleets and teleporting armies it's the worst shit ever, armies frequently march distances equal to walking from france to russia

If I am to pick that up, should I just start the books? For how long does the series remain true to the books? If watching a part of the series and then picking up the books is an option that's great.

Is it this thing?

It's a little outdated with the new routes that have been written since then but yeah.

Always start from books. You can read them all in 1-2 weeks. At least read first 3

Yea, recent season was fucking garbage

Fair enough ,thanks.

At least we got to see best boy Euron decimate those quippy little sand fuckers.

That shit was so fucking cathartic

>look, mom, I did it again!

But most fatefags accept that their series is nothing but chuunishit that's still entertaining and has cute girls.

Damn. Chuuni fatefags BTFO.

The best scene in the past 3 seasons
It was like some sort of fucking videogame boss battle
>Suddenly out of nowhere a huge boat smashes into their flagship
>"Euron"
>all of a sudden the front of the huge boat drops down like a drawbridge, crushing a random sailor and revealing Euron on top of the bridge
>He yells like a madman as he jumps off the bridge and obliterates every character that gets in his way
>Effortlessly defeats all of the STRONG FEMALE CHARACTERS
>Makes his useless dickless nephew cry and resort to his natural defense instinct of jumping off of things
>Scene showing aftermath of battle shows whipsnake hanging from her own whip and spearsnake impaled on her own spear
God it's going to hurt when they kill off this lunatic.

Context?

Dany is sick and cant stop shitting.

Daenerys was sick and got diahrea from eating raw animal corpses after her dragon dragged her to the middle of bumfuck nowhere.

>God it's going to hurt when they kill off this lunatic.

That's one of the many reasons I'm dreading the next season. I just know they are going to have Theon's sister (can never remember the bitch's name) fucking rematch him and win to show how much of a STRONG AND INDEPENDENT woman she is.

Why is this so funny?

The books are good, the show is only good in the early seasons, and even then that's dependent on taste, I probably only liked it because saying big budget fantasy on TV always made me rock hard because I'm into that nerd shit.

The TV show is essentially a parody of the books.

This should explain it pretty good: youtube.com/watch?v=ek2O6bVAIQQ

Well we know Theon isn't up to it
>Getting his ass obliterated by some random sailor
>Sailor kicks him in the absent dick
>"A-ha! my lack of a penis and any dignity I once had is an advantage!"
>Somehow turns the tide of the battle because of the power of literally being a eunuch
Top writing, personally i'm rooting for the magic ice zombies.

That was the stupidest fucking shit. I had to pause the damn thing and fuck around on Sup Forums because of how disgusted I was

Season 1 is the truest, but even then you miss a lot.

And it's still not as dumb as Bran's powers.
>Can change the past
>Yet the past he changed was actually already changed
>Nobody has free will in GoT

>doesn't have a self-insert protagonist with retarded morals
literally jon snow

If I didn't understand the context of the chant I'd think it's stupid too.

I really hope the books dont go in that direction.

The entire thing with Bran pissed me off. I can deal with some future/past vision, but give it a fucking limit.

steel is my body

Just remember theres nothing stopping Bran from using his powers to turn Joffrey into a vegetable and preventing the war from happening.

Honestly, give the guy a break; he's had it tough.

Not as bad as how they ruined Stannis. Or the ridiculous Ramsay vs ironborn shit.

He read it too quickly ;-; someone pls fix. Add pauses!

Better yet, archer voice over WHEN?

>"Burn your daughter Stannis"
>"kind of out of character seeing as how I would never do this but I MUST BE KING! UNLIMITED POWER WILL BE MINE!

Its inevitable there WILL be a live action version of Fate.

It could work if it was just a holy grail war and was a comedy like Enchanted.

What the fuck is happening on the pic?

It was how the Hobbit was filmed at times. It's depressing and inhumane.
All of the characters are added onscreen at the editing stage.

>Ian McKellen found performing in front of a greenscreen for the first Hobbit film, An Unexpected Journey, so demanding that he almost quit acting.
>The revelation was contained in comments McKellen made on the extended edition of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, recently released on DVD and Blu-Ray.
>Forced by the exigencies of director Peter Jackson's visual-effects-oriented shoot in New Zealand to work in isolation for long periods, McKellen said: "I felt pretty miserable … and thought perhaps, has the time come for me to stop acting altogether if I can't cope with these difficulties?"
>McKellen's particular problems arise because his character, Gandalf the Grey, is supposed to tower over most of the other, shorter characters, both Hobbit and dwarf. To create the false perspective, he had to be filmed separately, on a greenscreen set, and the backgrounds and other characters added later in the editing suite.
>"It was so distressing and off-putting and difficult that I thought 'I don't want to make this film if this is what I'm going to have to do'," McKellen added. "It's not what I do for a living. I act with other people, I don't act on my own."

Not my proudest fap.

Never seen nor read that, but it looks like a comedic take on a shitty (pun intended) situation. It's probably a one-off thing, so it's excusable.

How did they achieve the effect in LOTR then

Different techniques, really. They did use CGI, but not to such a heavy extent.