Maria-sama ga Miteru

If it were up to me, I'd have a Marimite thread up at all times. Post seours, discuss seours, admire seours, etc. you know what to do.

Of course, I'll start with the absolute cutest girl in all of Lilian. Absolutely, 100% the correct choice as petite seour for Yumi.

Is this yuri?

Of course, let's not forget the wonderful MC that is Fukuzawa Yumi, purest in all of Sup Forums. I think she's overall a decent MC, she has good chemistry with most characters and allows the story and inter-character interactions to flow beautifully. Too bad in other boards (Sup Forums in particular) she's become the 'question mark girl', as per pic related, with no context on who she actually is. Most unjust.

Has yuri overtones, lots of girly talk and affection; but only one girl has actually confessed to be a lesbo (or was at least). I'd say calling it a yuri series is a bait-and-switch; it's predominantly high-school drama (and a fairly 'realistic' one at that, nothing too over the top).

I'm a filthy deviant that liked yumi & touko more than sachiko & yumi

I have tons of random Touko pics in my folder. She won me over by the end of the series.

OP here. In the same boat. Sachiko and Yumi felt more like the former is just advising and scolding. It felt at times like a mother-daughter relationship whereas Touko and Yumi truly felt like best buddies+sisters by the end of the series.

It's really unfortunate that there's no Bluray release for Marimite in the West. If I wanted one, I'd have to settle for the Japanese 10th-anniversary bluray box which would typically run the range from a painful ¥38,000 to an eye-watering ¥42,000. There's almost no chance I'd ever have enough money to buy one without being irresponsible, so it would seem my Holy Grail of buyfaggotry will remain a just dream. Truly sad, Marimite is pretty much the only anime whose JP bluray/DVD release I'd actually buy.

Of course, no Marimite thread would be complete without obligatory pic related. Have a read, a laugh, and a snicker if you will.

Never bothered to watch live-action adaptation. Too afraid it'll retroactively ruin my image of Marimite. Marimite is too special for me. It's far from being the best, be it back then or now as a retrospective; but it's #1 in my heart and in my memories. The one anime I'd carry with me to old age.

Touko makes the best reaction images.

Behold! Literally the rarest videogame in my collection. A Marimite run-and-gun cum shoot-em-up game, developed by the legendary French Bread, the geniuses behind Melty Blood, Under Night In-Birth, and Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax.

Did the 4th season just not sell well enough? The way and pace the novels were adapted there would only need to be one more season for them to finish it all up.

I honestly, truly do not know. There's probably a JP website out there that tracks DVD sales so one could probably confirm it there, but I dunno where to look. It's really, really disheartening that we could've gotten a 5th season and thus a full adaptation, but companies being companies I guess there's not much we can do about it now. It'll be a miracle if we suddenly get a continuation now; Raildex's successful revival notwithstanding since Marimite is nowhere near the former's level of popularity and profitability.

Cute! Post more, please. For my collection.

Looking at wiki season 4 finished in 2009 and the last book came out in 2012, maybe they figured the return wouldn't be worth it at that point

I have to look for Marimite parodies of Kemono Friends.

>run-and-gun cum shoot-em-up
Do you shoot cum?

I watched Marimite probably 6-7 years ago and have been interested in possibly rewatching it. I'm wondering if it holds up well for rewatches or will what I remember of the plot make it too boring and slow?

so in the end its just yuribait and not worth the time ?

If you're being that way, yes. S1 is pretty slow and coarse, then it finds its way from S2 and on. S4 should have had another couple of episodes.

This is one of very rare shoujo titles male otaku latched on to en masse

Why don't we get that anymore?

best onee sama

It's a classic for the yuri culture in general, I think anyone that likes yuri should give it a chance.

I hate yuribait because you feel betrayed at the end and it seem like you wasted your time

That's natural user, it's still a nice series. That being said I didn't actually finish the novels, I've been meaning to do it since 2012.

the lack of yuri in anime

Yumi- a true 'goddess of the reaction face' if ever I saw one

Yumi is so cute and fluffy.

It's not really yuri, but it's not bait either. It's Class S. It's also great, DEEN's limited animation aside.

Did anyone read the novel to the end? Did you enjoy the ending?

how did it end?

To me, Lillian High School is what Heaven must be like.
Sometimes, I listen to Pastel Pure and imagine myself as pure ojousama, drinking tea in Yamayurikai with my grande sœur.
Am I a faggot?

Autumn feels like the perfect season to watch MariMite.

You are lesbian or male yurifag?

Finished volume2 yesterday. Everyone is so fucking gay, and I haven't even gotten to Sei, the only actual outspoken lesbian yet.

Satchmo Omega is still one of my favorite girls.

Don't worry we will have more yuri next year

We're all little girls, here, user.

I torrented parts of the blu ray, but I must say they looked uglier than the DVD releases. The lines were all sharp and in high relief, like they were forcibly etched in. I preferred the blurriness of the older releases more.

Isn't this the first Marimite thread of the year? About time.

Gokigen yo in your future

The move to a country villa with periodic parties and jealous backstabbing politics always reminded me of the novel Little Women, where very similar shit happened. Obviously there's not likely to be a connection, but I just found it interesting.

The show is dated, but it has its very definite and well-deserved place in the genre. I'd be glad to see more shows like this.

>SoL becoming dated
That's makes no sense. Love and friendship can't become dated, user. They are not something that relies on the novelty factor like scifi, world mechanics and plot twists.

Why do we no longer see refined ladies of class and culture such as most of the girls from Marimite? It seems all we get now are turbo sluts being lewd.

I want to look EXACTLY like Yoshino.

all the seasons sold well, one of them even sold more than10K iirc. I jut want them to adapt yumi being alpha girl of the school