How can Koe no Katachi even compete in visuals, animation, voice acting, and music direction?

How can Koe no Katachi even compete in visuals, animation, voice acting, and music direction?

Other urls found in this thread:

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
ultimatemegax.wordpress.com/2016/01/25/animestyle-007-sound-euphonium-interview-director-tatsuya-ishihara-series-director-naoko-yamada-part-1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

with emotional depth

With this.

With ease?

You're joking, right?

It was though

At least Koe no Katachi has character development. The MC actually changes and repents for his past actions. No such thing in Kimi No Na Wa. We don't even get to know the characters. They just suddenly meet up via body swapping voodoo mumbo jumbo.

>emotional depth
>implying deaf retard going "i wabba kkigh myfelf" is depth

>Koe no Virgin
>Keit-Chad

Fuck off with these crossboard memetics you faggot.

>stig ut in mooi ash, soyuh

It can't. But it has a much better script and soundtrack.

>disability-pandering SJW shit vs. wholesome love story

Did you even watch KnK?

oh fuck wrong picture
the question still applies though

I thought the soundtrack and voice acting was much better in KnK.

The truth is, it can't.

This is fairly sophisticated bait, but I still agree.

I laughed too hard when MC made fun of her reading.

In terms of visuals, I think Yamada's visual language is far stronger, and she doesn't hold back here. Strong layouts with clever editing, visual metaphor and cutting-edge digital technique. Not that Shinkai lacks any of those in Your Name, but my personal preference leans far towards Koe no Katachi. In terms of animation, Your Name is without question the more technically adept of the two. But outside of that one scene I find it largely uninspired. Koe no Katachi is far more interesting in terms of animation, to me, due largely to Nishiya's brilliant character designs. Bridging the gap between Horiguchi-style and later, more realistic Kyoani, they move softly, both delicate and provocative. Just a pleasure to see in movement. And while overall the movie moves less, I'd argue it's never bad, and no scene is ever brought down by a lack of full animation. I'm hardly an expert on voice acting, but I thought both movies were good in that regard. Though I was particularly impressed by Saori Hayami's performance. Music direction isn't even a debate, Ushio's work is transcendental and Koe no Katachi is one of the best anime of all time in that regard.

I thought KnK was too edgy, dropped it after the first episode.

>Pedro appears only twice in the manga
>Still wins the best boy trophy
How is he doing it? The absolute madman!

KnK is easily Nasu's best work though.

what the fuck is this picture...
I'm genuinely astounded that an actual person thought of this idea and decided it was worth drawing in detail, fully colored

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Keit-Ai. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of multiverse theory most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also the MC's deterministic outlook as he longs for the AU version of his crush instead of his crush, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Philisophical Taoism literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE.

As a consequence people who dislike Keit-Ai truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in the copypasta's catchphrase “Keit-Ai finds a way,” which itself is a cryptic reference to the works of Alexander of Aphrodisias. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Sup Forums’s genius wit unfolds itself on the film version of Keit-Ai, which is Kimi no Na wa. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Keit-Ai t-shirt. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.

Already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi

This is only tangentially related, but I wish I knew how much influence Yamada had over the direction of Euphonium S1.

I'm really thankful for it as well.

There are interviews between her and Ishihara where they discuss exactly that, of you're interested.

ultimatemegax.wordpress.com/2016/01/25/animestyle-007-sound-euphonium-interview-director-tatsuya-ishihara-series-director-naoko-yamada-part-1/

Oh, many thanks!

>that one scene
which?

Huh? A Silent Voice wasn't made by Nasu, written by Yoshitoki Oima and animated by KyoAni.

I thought user was making a joke about shared acronyms, and I was just continuing it.

I assumed he was talking about the mountain at sunset

The sake trip in the cave, brilliant stuff. Never would have imagined something like that in a Shinkai film.

Your Name wasn't disability-pandering SJW shit

Neither Koe no Katachi had a love story in it outside of Pedro efforts.

I think it's fine to call it a love story

An unconventional love story

Yeah, agreed

Why is Your name's animation uninspired?

That's just my personal impression, it didn't excite me at all. Technical ability matters less to me than artistry.

Well if there was a love story it was a really sad and one sided one, if not for Shoko's attempts, that Shoya never recognized, there would be nothing at all. Actually Shoya literally never gave any signs to Shoko, I guess readers got some mixed signs through the manga here and there, but it's really nothing. Ueno tried too but GOD DAMN, MC is a one stubborn mother fucker, well it's always the case.

Yeah
>they bit me
>better choke myself
fucking ikoma

more like emotional deaf haha get it