Hero Academia 158

New chapter's out.

Other urls found in this thread:

shonenjumpplus.com/episode/13932016480029138850
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There was speculation that Mirio losing his quirk will get Deku to think about transferring OfA to him which would be big character development. He'd be the first hero in the series after All Might who would want "people to be saved" instead of "I want to save people", "I" excluded in a way that it doesn't have to be him who does the saving. This goes down the drain.
What does this arc add to the manga? We've got "overcome fate!", quirk boosters and deus ex loli. I'll elaborate on all 3.
1) Changing fate trope is really overused and it really lowers the stakes. From now on we now that no matter how bad things look it doesn't matter. When a guy who can see future says that you'll die and you don't, when he has a spike through his stomach and has predicted his own death but he gets saved (I'm assuming he will be saved since he's being taken to the hospital), when Mirio gets his quirk back despite sacrificing himself, what's there to worry about it in the future? All Might's death flag literally just evaporated as well. I don't like that I have to be saying this but this is Naruto pain arc tier backpedaling and I think it brought down the quality of the manga greatly.
2) Quirk boosters don't make sense. Villains should have been using them from the start of the series. Why hasn't AfO used it against All Might? But that's not even the real problem with them, the real problem is that heroes should be using the drug as well, as a last resort. We were already shown that "losing your mind" isn't one of the consequences of the drug, so you still have self-control. This means that even in the worst case scenario, that you lose your life after using the drug, it would still make sense for heroes to carry the drug. If the villain is obviously stronger than you and will kill you and then all the people you are trying to protect, and you know that there is no backup coming, why not have the drug ready and at least save some people? 1/3

You'd be dead either way, but this way you could subdue the villain. It's a case of "do nothing and die" or "do something and die", and from a hero's perspective, the latter should always be preferable. The only real reason this isn't happening is because heroes can't be shown using drugs in a shonen manga. This makes the story inconsistent.
3) What happens with Eri? She's way too overpowered to stay in the story. Assume she'll eventually be able to control her quirk and undo any and all damage to anything. If she goes to the heroes she will eventually just restore All Might back to his prime. Would he ask Deku for his quirk back? If no, why not? All Might is still young and if he got back into his prime it would be ethical to take OfA back because if he doesn't there will be people dying, people that he could have saved had he taken the quirk back because Deku is still weak and unable to save them. People he could have saved will die if he doesn't take the quirk back, so even if it's cruel "letting the boy live his dream" doesn't make sense here from a 'real' hero's perspective, and that's how All Might is portrayed as. If, however, the villain alliance somehow takes Eri we'd have some balance, and it'd make sense since they could then attempt to break AfO out of prison and restore him. This is the best possible outcome this arc could have quality-wise that I could think of, but it's still not good. 40 chapters just to have him fail to save someone? All Might's already told him that he can't save everyone and that this is why he stands as a symbol of peace, to at least save everyone's hearts (chapter 70) so this really isn't anything new, he should already know that he can't save everyone. While on this topic, I feel like this is the main problem I have with this arc. The best thing about this manga is that it has a wide variety of characters and their journey to self-improvement and becoming heroes. 2/3

What will Hori's data collection entail?

Deku's ideal goes against this because meta-wise he wants all the panels and focus on himself.
Everything introduced within this arc gets resolved within this arc. There's no real consequences to anything. 3/3

Nothing. He's just tired but can't say he's sick again because no one would believe it.

Nice pasta

Not an argument

>hentai VN drawn by Hori
Which girls get featured, and which fetishes?

kept you waiting, huh?

Is this the madman Deku we've been waiting for?

all kinds of yes.

Momo and footjobs

What was the point of Nighteye

Vigilante chapter 16 (raw) is out
shonenjumpplus.com/episode/13932016480029138850
We got Knuckleduster in work clothes

>data collection.

When does Vig usually get translated?

the point is in his stomach, didn't you pay attention?

Bnhafags btfo

to plant both real and false deathflags so when he gets it wrong once idiots will forget about it until all might dies just as predicted

they should really get him a doctor.

Nothing. This entire arc is pointless.

As expected

Mirko is gonna get his quirk back and nighteye is getting revived, this is what happens when you watch a cartoon for children

A Deku gets in a fight with Chisaki. Unable to defeat him, he is gifted via a deus ex machina with a backpack loli who lets him automatically win the fight. Never minding the strangely convenient reveal of her power, he beats the shit out of Chisaki, and is overjoyed to find out that he can now use 100% OFA without any consequences.
But, the next second, when he goes to congratulate the loli, he discovers that she's just turned into goo. After some investigation, he finds out that the loli who helped him is not in fact the loli who gifted him that power. In fact, she was kidnapped by the League of Villains.

Mangastream: when they pull their finger out of their arse
Viz: Sunday plus/minus one day. One new chapter every week until they catch up. Have translated up to chapter 13 right now

Why is she blushing?

KILL YOUSELF MIRIOFAG

NO ONE IS GONNA READ THIS GARBAGE - ALL THE OTHER REPLIES = YOU

DIE IRL KEK

>deus ex machina
>convenient
Found the speedreader

Miriokek

On number 3, I've actually also wondered if Eri's reverse can bring Deku to the point where he doesn't have OfA anymore. But then, I thought that might not be the case for the same same reason whey Eri wouldn't be able to rewind All Might to his prime. The reason I'm thinking this goes back to the festival arc when Midoriya saw OfA's past users. It reminds me of the Avatar state from Last Air Bender. It's more than just inheriting a quirk...maybe he's also inheriting the spirit of previous users...which also may imply that Deku's continued existence could actually be draining away All Might's life force.

I agree with you on Deus Ex Eri though. Yeah, Deku can definitely die in this arc, and we have Eri and possible Chisaki, if he turns over a new leaf, who can bring him back if need be...

At this point nobody who truly likes bnha comes to this threads

It's you

it took a long fucking while

>sell villains anti quirk bullets
>they shoot a bunch of heroes
>sell heroes quirk restoration serum
>heroes get quirks back and arrest all the villains
>villains break out of jail and kill you for double crossing them
What's the next step in Overhaul's master plan?

Mirko is a Russian name

Just like in real life with elections, in here the Russians are ruining the manva

At this point no one truly likes bnha

did you forget the part where he's literally on the edge as eri's power is going faster than his bones breaking?

Yes...maybe he kills Chisaki and learns that he is no better than the villains he fights.

kill the villains

Knuckleduster is daddy af

Cute as fuck

I do.

>destroying your own consumer base

>implying that Eri is going to delete Deku
Fake danger

they already spent their money

>yfw Deku gets some fangirls after this arc

He just needs to break them faster
Or put her down, that might work too

So just like a real drug dealer?

The loli is going to die the second this arc ends or during the ending. She is to god damn powerful to be left alive because whoever has her (good or bad guys) has no reason to lose any fight at all. That or she will undo her own quirk making her usless but she will still kling to either deku or wall man like in railgun

Make everyone normal so that sociopathic immoral gangsters have the upper hand again. Because in a country with no guns, and where an equalizer like quirks gets removed, Chisaki would have all the power.

I hope he gets more confident after this.

Sorry, can't read moon runes.

I get it you guys don't like the current arc, but man overhaul's quirk is gonna look nice animated

How many deku are in Deku fanclub?
IIRC Stain is the first to be deku fan

How many times do you have to post this and how many times to people have to reply telling you you're spouting bullshit?

Get proven wrong like everyone that says "you can't change fate" in any japanese media

>Chichi just wants to burn the current Hero world down because there really isn't room for the Yakuza middleman.
Considering Shiggy at the moment just wants a world without AM, i can see it

The Yakuza Boss is a moron though

I will fucking kill you, Miriofag.

It's all your fault. When you started posting on Sup Forums, the irredeemably shit arc that no one likes started.

WHEN YOU DIE
WHEN YOU DIE

the manga will be good again

/thread

He spread the drug network pretty wide, so I'm sure he made sure the two drugs seemed to be coming from different sources. His serum business probably runs out of a legal pharmaceutical company.

BERSERK

There's no way Deku's name isn't going to be on the news after this, The fame will continue to grow.

Approximately 0% chance she dies this chapter.

>Eri reverses her own quirk
>Eri is shot with a quirk erasure bullet
>Eraserhead is Eri's new guardian to keep her under control until she learns how to use her quirk
>Toga and Twice grab her and bail

These are the only things even halfway likely to happen, but there's always the chance of a curveball.

That's not how business works. A consumer who is alive is someone who can give you even more cash in the future. Overhaul's plan is stupid, it can only ever end with him alienating or evaporating his customer base and then driving himself out of business. Playing both sides like a war profiteer only works so long as neither side can come back and fuck you up for betraying them.

Newsflash: Some characters in 1A are side characters!
Surprising! I couldn’t believe it either

in most japanese media*
>implying that won't happen there as well

If his goal was to eliminate all quirks, why the fuck would he be planning on selling quirk restoration to the heroes?

>You guys
Sup Forums is not a hivemind

if he gave such extensive flashbacks to them, what's the point since they're gonna get sidelined as you say

I bet everyone (~2 people) who shat on GrapeQt is on suicide watch now.

SHE WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG

It is
I look forward to the webms
But only the webms

I know Deku isn't exactly the deepest character around, but I'm a huge sucker for underdog stories and I really just want people outside of UA to know who he is and what he's done. The "unsung hero" story is nice and all, but I can't help but be a little sad when I see him working so hard and literally nobody knows how much effort he puts in other than his teachers and a few classmates.

it's either going to be cg or heavily simplified. Personally I dont like the art for it anyway, its too busy and I loose track of whats going on in panels too often while he's fighting.

>Deku
>underdog story

Money

>Koichi looking kid as the cover for some reason
>smug grinning look
Little kid holding hands with his parents in the cover isn't actually Koichi but Koichi and Pop's son and they're the ones holding his hands

Deku is not an underdog story.

When you’re the one controlling the production and distribution of the only drug capable of achieving such effects, it’s not hard to see how

The ones that can be considered side characters didn't get flashbacks. Kirishima is not a side character, he's more of a supporting character. He's been given an arc, even if it's rather small, and has grown over the series.

Hagakure is a side character. She's been given absolutely nothing and likely will never get anything because she doesn't have much to add to the story.

I think that's just a theme with Hori's art that he's trying to fix. His art is great (contrary to what people are saying this week, I still really like it), his facial expressions are phenomenal, he just needs better flow.

For example, when Deku kicked the air and created a shockwave I was extremely confused about the motion he used to execute that. Did he kick down? Did he spin around? Very unclear there.
He's steadily improving though, which is fun to see.

>Lelouch says something stupid episode

The goal of a drug dealer isn't to kill their customers. The goal of a dealer is to keep their addicts hooked and alive for as long as possible. People die because the user took the drug wrong, or because the dealer didn't prepare the product right. In rare cases the dealer might "accidentally" slip one of their least valuable customers a bad batch to make them OD, but they do this under the assumption that the community will think the victim was stupid and did something wrong, and that the dealers stuff is just unusually potent (but not lethal). A dealer makes no money by wasting their addicts wholesale.

Because the back and forth of erasing and restoring quirks will create so much choas, that the government deems it illegal to have quirks at all and forces the population to take the erasure serum...erasurum...

Unless she's the traitor

So is his motivation money, or being Syndrome? You can't erase quirks from the world by selling a product that gives them back.

I'm so sorry.

I guess Mineta x Momo is gonna be canon too now. I, the only Todomomofag on Sup Forums would like to formally declare that Shoto is a homosexual with Windy-kun & he will hang himself after he walks in on Mineta graping Momo.

mods pls

I wish I had more time to respond to this user, but just to give a brief one, in all likelihood Deku could die in this fight I think. However through Loli hacks he will probably get revived or something along those lines. Not sure if Vault boy will be able to get is quirk back at least not right now because she doesn't know how to control it right now. As for the Quirk boosters and negators I agree with you, but I'm pretty sure they mentioned how they were pretty much just completed recently and they were being kept within their own organization until just a little while ago. All for one didn't even know about them most likely at this point. The girl is really overpowered as well, but again she is only like 5 or something so she barely has any idea what she's doing and most likely won't be too horribly relevant of a plot point until some major time skip happens. I would not be surprised if she just kind of either sidelined for a long time or maybe she over uses her quirk and kills herself or something trying to save Deku.
As for the story as a whole, I would say that bnha is more about refining common tropes then creating new ones or being original. That's just my opinion.

>Mineta x Momo
how

Compared to privileged pieces of shit like Mirio who was born with the most OP quirk in the universe - but is too dumb/cowardly to use it properly - or even Shinsou who was also born with a powerful quirk but had a NEET body unable to make use of it, Deku is indeed the underdog.

>Mirko is a Russian name
No it is not. I'm Russian and i have not ever heard this name.

I get the feeling she reproduces like a frog too...

>Deku
>Underdog

Don't forget Mei for Deku.

>Kota
>Ochako
>Eri
>Mineta

>Compared to privileged pieces of shit like Mirio who was born with the most OP quirk in the universe - but is too dumb/cowardly to use it properly - or even Shinsou who was also born with a powerful quirk but had a NEET body unable to make use of it, Deku is indeed the underdog.