What do you think about Last Exile? The first one, not Senpai

What do you think about Last Exile? The first one, not Senpai.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QfdfwUklODQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UduuHOlXTqE
thepiratebay.org/torrent/4845133
youtube.com/watch?v=yuQaEfJnIa4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good stuff, really had that early 2000's feel that I love.

loved every character save the MC

Sometimes I watch the Op on youtube for that nostalgia feel. I may watch it again in the coming months now that my memory of it is starting to get fuzzy

youtube.com/watch?v=QfdfwUklODQ

>not Senpai

Senpai The Silver Wing.

I still listen to the OST once in a while. I got bummed out that the BDs were just upscaled DVD though. I'll watch it again soon when I want that trigun-but-flying feel.

The best.

Senpai Fan Fan

Wrong.

I miss old GONZO

one of the better shows I've watched.

Great atmosphere, creative scenery, incredible art, interesting history, and cool characters ... all ruined by a fucking protagonist, the Aviation Shinji, he even had a Kaoru, and a girlfriend who kept complaining all the time about everything

A really REALLY cool steampunk world/aesthetic that actually manages to work because it doesn't get autistic about it

...for like the first four episodes, including an extremely kino warship battle scene that barely involves the main characters at all. After that, it gets progressively less and less interesting as it pushes into autistic fantasy villain territory and loses more and more of that detached world-focused magic in favor of focusing on the weirdo upper-class on-and-of again rival guy and the angst between him, the MC and the mysterious waif as people get mind controlled for poorly explained reasons.

A disappointment, but a beautiful one.

Twice the best.

The MC was pretty shit. The rest was okay

Awful MC. Cringy as fuck throughout. Decent setting/premise. 5/10 IGN

Never really got the hype, it turned into standard boring GONZO shit after about 5-6 episodes, which is how almost every GONZO series was.
That said the premise was amazing and I really did want to like it at first.

Was actually my gateway drug into anime. No idea why but it clicked super hard with me.
>Aviation Shinji
Say what you want about Shinji, at least "fucked up spineless pussy" is SOMETHING, a personality definition.
Klaus doesn't even have that. HURR I FLY GUD ALSO SOMETHING SOMETHING GRAND STREAM, okay, sure champ. At least if he was a turbo-autist in that or any other regard then you could find some foothold to hate or love him, but as it is he is a complete non-entity. He is a blank slate that emits a warping field so strong that it spills over into other characters interacting with him.

Partial Harlock ripoff

Started off good but then the second half really dragged and, coupled with a shitty villain, left a bad taste in my mouth.

This. First episodes were interesting, I expected something cool, like Area 88 OVA, but in steampunk.

Best boy right here.

The only sane and well-written person in a sea of edgelords and fags.

Too bad he died heroically in that machine gun assault in the last episode. No, fuck you and fuck the epilogue retcon asspulls.

A shame the sequel was never animated.

After all these years, nice to know Lavie still does weird things to my dick.

Oh yes, Lavie is love.

A truly great show.

wish he had a better end

Holy shit, I miss Range Murata

>coupled with a shitty villain

Delphine's over the top, mustache twirling, evil for the sake of being evil was a hell of lot better than whatever eyepatch was supposed to be in the second series.

he's still alive and spends his free time showing senpai what a shit pilot she is when compared to anyone from Prester .

Loved the op, the setting and the atmosphere. Fantastic character designs but I feel many of them where wasted since they became increasingly more clichéd. I really wanted to love this and I did, but I can't say it's a masterpiece.
I did however like
>super cute loli
>super cute lavi
>mech designs
>ballet knife fighting
>musket guy
>dunya
>the set piece of simultaneously seizing the flight units of every god damn ship from the guild
I just wished
>princess glasses had a coherent motivation
>mc had good writing
>not-harlock was less harlock
>battles had either more grandeur or believable strategy
We should be thankful for the art books at least. They are maybe the best artbooks I ever saw.

Skyland (the french 3D animation that aired on nickelondeon) was inspired this anime. Their both story happens in the sky and they have to live in exile and war. Skyland is just as good. youtube.com/watch?v=UduuHOlXTqE thepiratebay.org/torrent/4845133

I agree Totally...

Oh shit I remember that.

Looked pretty but more proof that Gonzo couldn't produce good a narrative to save their life Count of Monte Cristo notwithstanding.

At least it didn't suffer from the usual Gonzo QUALITY after three episodes.

Amazing OP. Boring story. And the ending felt super rushed.

Though after all these years, when I take a sharp turn, I have to shout EMMELMAN TURN!

It had a cool world and design, especially the uniforms. But from what I remember of the story, it didn't seem to go anywhere and took the path of shitty ending.

Cool as fuck setting. Lavie and Alvis a cute.

Sky Crawlers reminds me of this anime too with the whole sky war thing. Funny thing about that anime is that they had to pilot old WW2 planes while cloning was still possible. So you could never tell if it was past or future or even how the plot started as.

Lavie was my introduction to Chiwa Saito, and I've loved pretty much all of her roles since.

Why is it called Senpai?

It wasn't called senpai, it was called senpai.

LOL you just said senpai twice. Funny that sempai in my language means nofather.

If you contemplate that post for a minute you might manage to discern the hidden answer. Senpai.

At least Range Murata is still getting work.

I want Maestro Delphine to step on me!

His prayer worked like it always had.

We need Brotherhood ver. with 52 episodes, more episodes with Dio and SoL, better paced ending and added Hourglass manga material.
Would be great if OP/ED and most of the OST stayed the same.

>I miss Range Murata
He's still around user.

A shame it's CGI though

Watched it a few years back. It was decent. Some of the attempts at drama didn't work for me. I just felt embarrassed for them.

Every time I lurk the catalog and see the Murata is streaming title I get excited, and then I realize it's another guy drawing one punch man.

Same. I'd watch the shit out of a Range Murata stream.

Really nice looking CG for 2000's. Weirdly fitting OST. And a ton of good characters.
youtube.com/watch?v=yuQaEfJnIa4

You could always enroll at Kyoto Seika University and go to his design classes.

If only I could ;_;
Drawing cute girls doing cute things for a living is the dream.

his design in senpai is even better.

Oh, I find out about this anime by complete accident, there was article about it in russian edition of Popular Mechanic.
I think it was around 2004. Back then I didn't know that torrents and streaming sites exist, so I watched it only in 2007.

Dio was the only redeeming part about senpai.

I remember catching eps here and there of this, and even as a kid, I drew the connection. Love the sky-and-clouds aesthetic. It should be more prominent in things.

Boring shit. I forced myself to finish it. And I don't even remember anything other than Immelmann turn

It was good enough for me.

>tfw ywn be a sailor aboard a floating dreadnaught and fight for the glory of Anatoray with CHIVALRY and HONOR

Who needs chivalry when you can cut the enemy's battleships in half?

The show did deserve such a genius designer of warships.