There are people on Sup Forums who actually think that Hunter x Hunter (aka Tell Don't Show: The Anime) is anything...

>there are people on Sup Forums who actually think that Hunter x Hunter (aka Tell Don't Show: The Anime) is anything more than a 6/10

It’s okay user, with time you, too, can master the subtle art of falseflagging!

>please watch our show

I was hoping for something serious. The anime is slightly better but I think that considering the manga something more than a 6 would be overestimating it. In a long time I have read over 100 manga(shounen and seinen) and HXH is way down in the lower half.

O MY SHITTY THREAD

>aka Tell Don't Show: The Anime
That's how all anime is though. Why don't you stop pretending that there's more clever anime out there, instead of realizing anime/manga is the lowest common denominator of art and enjoying it for what it is.

Speaking of telling why don't you post problems with the show, instead of having a claim and not backing it up

Try to give at least 9 examples of 7/10 anime.

>not judging an anime solely by it's doujins
s a d

Please share with us the name of 3 better shonen, we can use a good laugh.

Soul Eater
Jojo
Darker than Black
Kiznaiver
Tokyo Ghoul
Noragami
Katanagatari
Black Lagoon
Re:Zero

well done

This man knows he's a bad troll

HxH has some great things. But i fucking hate Gon.

Finally somebody who realises anime is fucking trash.

>yuyu hakusho
>dragon ball(but not Z ast namek or any of GT or Super)

There's a lot of "telling" because the audience would be lost to the significance of the characters' actions without it. HxH gets really cerebral sometimes.

Eureka Seven
Trinity Seven
Nanatsu no Taizai
Yamada-kun and Seven Witches
Sacred Seven
Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge
Nana
Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin

Kobayashi, lucky star, azumanfa daioh, full metal alchemist brotherhood, macross, macross plus, tenchi ryo'ohki, gundam 0080, gundam 0079, gundam 0083, space battleship yamato, bubblegum crisis, dirty pair, panty & stocking, kill la kill, space dandy,

Nanatsu no Tazai is more of a strong 3.

none of those are better than hxh

This is my waifu.

ISHYGDDT

>I started watching anime in 2016

doushite ?

Yu Yu Hakusho and HxH are pretty equal desu. I consider both to be an 8. YYH's first arc is too weak to put it over HxH.

you aren't fooling me

I see you use a meme to try and make fun of elitism to hide the fact that you're insecure about your shit taste.

Not sure if you're shitposting or not, but I wouldn't say anime is invariably trash. Trash is something that has no use, anime can at least be entertaining.

Is baiting people fun?

>Kiznaiver
Jesus man really?
You had to put that one in there just to show you're 100% baiting?

its a valid criticism of hxh. especially the manga.
just write a book togashi

I was just shitposting. But I do think the bar is lower when it comes to anime than live-action hollywood. Although a fuckton of trash comes out of hollywood as well.

>I think that HxH is a great in shonen format. It actually surprised me many times during the read. Most other shonens are falling into a trap of repeatable format. And here things are not about just about fighting/cooking/sport. Once the story is about a fighting tournament, once about auctions, Once about a heist, Once about being closed in a game. Sure some parts are dull or boring due to author experiments. But HxH doesn't get repetitive after bigger amount of chapters.

>I want to ____ Pitou

>(aka Tell Don't Show: The Anime)
I haven't even seen or read HxH and I know this is bullshit. Have you ever seen a Light Novel adaptation?

Kill

Don't worry, Gon got that settled.

Almost all of these are genuinely really good.

O

that was a good laugh. thank you

HxH has the best girl

Nanatsu no Taizai is a 2
Without Escanor it's a 0

>Girl

>posting boring ugly faggots with grossly enlarged hands
Trash taste my nigga.

I haven't even seen or read HxH and I know this is bullshit.
Then you fucking read it because once its literally exposition the manga.

Why are people still pushing this meme?

Chrollo cheated

>shitty discount edgelord Hiei

You think your taste is any better?

I think in general there's a massive denial of HxH having female characters.

RUBBER

>yuyu hakusho
KAMI-SAMA

end me

Then I doubt you read in general.

Fucking middleschooler crying about "I did my summer reading already, Mom!"

She did nothing wrong. I dropped this shit show right when she died. I'm still mad about that lazy asspull. I'm still mad that Gon had abosolutely no reason to do it.

Why are Pitoufags so delusional?

clearly

why are mods deleting O MY RUBBER NEN?

might as well delete YAMERO or any catch phrase from any anime ever

It's a mediocre anime, but for a shounen, it's great.

It must be seeing how Feitanfags actual discuss the character instead of endless spamming dead meme character for relevancy.

>immediately gets ass blasted instead of providing evidence that proves otherwise
Fuck off you paint huffing secondary, this series is jammed packed with exposition whether you lose your shit over it or not. Just look that fucking Succession Arc that is 85% talking heads.

Hisoka's just a dumbass shitter.

Honestly I just tell myself Chrollo cheated because I'm angry that the match was so one sided. Fucking goth

And then he cheated back

>there are people on Sup Forums RIGHT NOW who start threads thinking that the Japanese have mastered the notion of show don't tell in any the media of anime, manga, or light novels.
Come on OP
Name 1 battle shounen that actually doesn't explain basically anything that happens

>this series is jammed packed with exposition

Yeah I know that, you illiterate. I knew that from like Chapter fucking 5. Thing is, what are you kids doing here bitching about it now? The manga being text heavy is no surprise to anyone that didn't come in through 2011 which I'm 100% sure you did.

They can get annoyed about it, I sure do. But to call it "exposition the manga" tells me you're pretty young and mostly likely never read a book outside of what your teacher tells you to read. So I suggest you skedaddle.

All I know about this is the O MY RUBBER NEN meme. Is this actually a good/bad series?

>cheating
>in a match where the only rule is one person has to die
Chrollo didn't "cheat" anyway, niggers can't expect the clown was raped by strategy.

*accept

I agree that nigga should gotten way more than one hit,tho

>Tranny Jobber is no.1
>that many princes above the 50th
>Fucking Tonpa at 20
Reddit taste my nigga.

Initially I was put off by the shota main character, kind of weird having a little boy as the MC. If you go on to watch it, it's a bit more interesting/dark than your average shounen. I would say that I don't regret watching it and that it added value to my life.
>would recommend.

If it means anything, even on Sup Forums if you ever go to a "best shounen series" thread, near half the posters always put it as their personal best

>MFW Hisoka finally killed more of those arrogant bastards
I hope the knuckles guy and the short umbrella bitch are next

First of all, only an insecure baby who doesn't actually read would get bent out of shape in the place over the the claim that this series has excessive exposition as if it's a fucking dirty word. Secondly, the gall of you to be calling anybody a child like you didn't get your panties in a twist over a comment about a kids book, so piss off with the age shit because I guarantee that I'm older than you.

It's a nice series when you don't expect the would from it.

kill shitposters so they stop spamming pictures of my wife,

Sup Forums has always been full of people looking for boogeymen. There are so many bigots here unlike Sup Forums because of the subject matter.

Anime is just either sexual exploitation, edginess for the sake of edginess, nonsensical writing that doesn't even make sense for the creators themselves, or dumb over-the-top action.

If you want to experience something good, you need to explore other mediums, like western animation.
Samurai Jack and Avatar: The Last Airbender are delicious.

*world

desu it's just the feels. Still does muh special power better than 90% of anime, which is demonstrative of how bad anime is as a medium.

you need to stop shitposting

I read it until the end of Chimera ant, dropped when muh plot device brother showed up.
I don't get why people like chimera ant so much the best part was Komugi and Meruem

tell me one good super powers movie that doesn't cop out, hold back on the variance (how many ways the power can be flexed), and go along with an established fight routine

People are always using "Show don't tell" wrong.
It's a concept that originates from the idea that in books rather than outright stating how someone feels you describe actions and reactions that one can infer a state of emotion from.

It does not mean "don't explain the state of the world through text" or "don't have someone describe something complex ever" because even Tolkien does that. The fact of the matter is that there ARE eventually going to be things that are foreign to the average reader/watcher/whatever that will have to be talked about in an explaining manner be it the rules of a sports game or a scientific concept. And sometimes it does not make sense to show these things rather then tell them depending on how drastic they are.

Sure you could show how a nuke works by having it go off but why risk having a fucking nuke explode in your story?

Tolkien was a terrible writer with awful prose that only caught on because of his worldbuilding and the novelty of conlangs

>Re:Zero
I kekd
Good bait user

>Sup Forumsfags actually believe
Samurai Jack is entertaining enough but it's no cinematic masterpiece like most people think.
Avatar is a decent battle shounen with a final episode that completely derails.

it is kino and has great aesthetics
give me a comparative anime (there's 1-2 directors who try)

exposition dumps are still a sin.

Look. We all know the Saiyans and Namek arcs are way up there, that the Dark Tournament arcs shits on most things, that the Rukia Rescue arc was great, that the best part about everything from the retreat to the kidnapping to the OFA v AFO battle can't even hold a fucking candle to those aforementioned classic arcs and that the Chimera Arc trumps all of them and I love it as well as the Succession arc...

But what the fuck is Stamp Order's goddamn purpose if it can't even control someone or their corpse but they still have to be a body and lifeless. The fuck does that even mean, that Order Stamp's nen user was basically the soul mate of Gallery Fake's user? How convenient.

the moments of death shit is top notch don't care what you say

Pitou did nothing wrong.

except for the part where she had thousands of people executed.

Nobody said that explaining something through dialogue wasn't allowed.
If you think anime/manga doesn't have a problem with too often resorting to text to explain a character's reaction/emotion/or change, an event in the story, or even an overarching theme, then you're delusional. There's hardly a drop of subtlety to be found in the entire medium.

I watched everything up to the last 10 eps or so and then lost all motivation to watch it. I enjoyed the arc with the gang the most followed by the hunter test arc. I know I probably dropped it in the most HYPE part but after 10,000 asspulls I just had to move on.

Illumi and his brothership with Killua

Kurapica's arc has been nothing but awful. Since when this became so shitty?

>T. Brainlet used to light Novels that read first 20 pages and dropped it in an autistic fit of rage after having his delusions of ever reaching 3 digits IQ shattered.