Just saw this. AMA

Just saw this. AMA
I've also seen the original

Was it as bad as people say it is?

Yes. Awful cgi, Nonsensical plot and one god awful musical number

>I've also seen the original
?

It's shit. They tried to bank in with that "Your Name" hype. Also this is where you see that Shaft is very lazy.

Damn. I guess you can't expect much more from shaft

The 1993 live action tv movie that this is based on

what is the square root of 64?

So how did they see the fireworks?

the bottom

I was pretty interested in this, sad to hear it didn't pan out.

Did it feel like a poor man's Ocean Waves with a time travel gimmick thrown in?

how OP? you have torrent links?

I was kind of tempted to see it myself when I saw subway ads here in Hong Kong a while back, until I saw all the negative word of mouth. What was the lewdest scene in the movie?

No, it felt like it took all of the charm of the original and replaced it with SHAFT and a mix of groundhog day. Didn't come close to capturing the heart of the original.
Saw it in cinemas

Lewdest? at the beginning they comment about their teachers tits. And then she then proceeds to flop them around on a bike.

What's with all the plot summaries I've been seeing that just mention whether or not a bunch of kids think fireworks look round or flat from a certain angle? That can't be the real plot, right?

Correct, that's not the 'real' plot. The fireworks is kind of a overarching event that ties several aspects of the story together. But the main plot is about a kid who fantasizes about reliving a day and running away with a girl. But they include some glass ball that allows him to change it. Unlike the original in which is just envisions changing it

It didn't work at all, the plot, setting and visuals just didn't tie together. The whole thing ended up being charmless and soulless and felt entirely phoned in.

SHAFT are very hit or miss for me and this was a big miss. The ending was entirely unsatisfying too.

Problem is Shaft thinks they can get away "SHAFTING" their shows. I was never a fan of how they style their works. It worked on the Monogatari series for some reason. But any other else, I really am not a fan.

This story is own prime example of how they thought they could get away with it. Shitty "Shaft CGI", nonsense plot covered by doing stylistic stuff instead of substance.

I honestly hope this wakes them up and they rethink how they approach other stuff.

Can't agree with this more. It's baffling though how they can be making something like 3-gatsu and yet put something like this out.