Why the fuck is this guy catching on?

I am seriously having a hard time figuring out why this guy is catching on with normies.

I fucking heard the Christian radio station discussing him earlier.

Is it because he doesn't explicitly endorse either political side? Is it because he has a certain marketable persona?

I really am having a hard time comprehending it. Nothing he is saying is really that ground-breaking or interesting. It's just old fashioned self-enlightenment type of talk.

Explain to me why what he's doing is catching on through the normiesphere, while people who are 100x smarter than him are ignored

Attached: jordan-peterson-12-rules-book-youtube-amazon.jpg (2405x1603, 359K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ITNNR5FGLhY&t=98s
youtube.com/watch?v=-toNVx3sebc
thelastpsychiatrist.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=3J2V2vnrEz0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Its because he is credible

>I am seriously having a hard time figuring out why this guy is catching on with normies.

>Is it because he doesn't explicitly endorse either political side?
>Nothing he is saying is really that ground-breaking or interesting. It's just old fashioned self-enlightenment type of talk.
You just answered your own question lad. Well done.

Attached: Peterson redpill.jpg (1383x6447, 3.29M)

Attached: Peterson redpill2.png (672x449, 43K)

3/3

Attached: peterson redpill 3.png (445x378, 138K)

mind control waves emanate from his videos probably, also a lot of artificial media hype and fake followers since normies are sheep and will agree that they like him and think he's smart if they see other people doing it first

jesus this schizophrenia

peterson isnt even psy-op, he's just a fucking salesman. He's the christian depak chopra

In a society growing ever more complex he gives answers. He offers basic truths and wisdoms; things our forefathers knew, but are no longer pertinent in modern society.

>mind control waves emanate from his videos probably,
WHAT? sauce?

i'll pray for you user

> society lacking real men and fathers
> inspiring but stern father figure
i dunno op, can't figure it out

I'm on your side dummy, i just doubt that he is a plant. He's just a guy taking advantage of anti-sjw/feminism culture making some money

Oh boy yet another JP character assassination thread, wonder whats going on in Sup Forums that this thread had to be posted...

Attached: 1494502977946m.jpg (1024x945, 176K)

Normies like to feel smart by listening to vapid pseudo-intellectualism

Okay but he isn't actually introducing a version of our founding fathers that was accurate at all.

He's introducing some weird 1960's hybrid liberalism with a conservative twist.

I just don't get why this is connecting with people, I don't see anything he's introducing as solving any problems or making any sense of the world, especially since he's so fucking vague about everything.

Well the other user is somewhat correct. Peterson has said he is trying to prevent an over-reaction from the right-wing. He said in an interview with Joe rogan that if white people start playing identity politics, that we will win, and it could be scary, so he wants to prevent that.

I don't think he's in some fucking conspiracy with international kikes or something, I think he really believes in his vague 1960's liberalist (((individualist))) meme, and he wants to present a sensible moderate stance in the current paradigm.

The problem is that centrism is completely cucked

Attached: Some+virgin+vs+chad+memes+from+pol_2cd1c1_6466308.jpg (1200x506, 63K)

>while people who are 100x smarter than him are ignored

For example?

hey.. nothing wrong with prayers, more help for yeah, we all could use it.

>stern
Peterson is not even fucking stern. He's a completely effeminate cuck. He won't even debate the alt-right and he has literally cried on camera multiple times.

Not saying you're wrong, but I just can't believe young men are identifying with this faggotry.

Video related did more to fix my life than peterstein ever did
youtube.com/watch?v=ITNNR5FGLhY&t=98s

I am seriously interested to find a public intellectual 100x smarter than peterson.

Tell me who you're talking about.

this is it, hes very well spoken, and also hes deeply part of academia as well as actually practices clinical psychology. Hes on "their level" to them, and a person they cant get around respecting.

>Brett Stevens
>Pastor Steven Anderson
>Neil Roys (debunked the big bang theory with statistics)

Even Steffan Molyneux or Richard Spencer would crush Peterson in a debate. Why won't he debate anyone on the alt-right, but he'll debate SJWs?

because he'll lose and he will look very bad, or he will contend 75% of their positions and be associated with "nazis"

>Pastor Anderson
>Stefan molyneux
>Richard spencer
>Smart
LOL

well I'll check out the other names on your list, but the fact that you include these names along side them doesn't bode well.

Here is the final redpill about Peterson.
His ideological tenets are good on the micro scale but suicidal on the macro. His enlightenment ideals were created by and can only exist within Western Civilization among populations that have high average IQ populations who value individual liberty and freedom. If you pretend that all ethnicities and cultures are interchagable you will destroy Western Civilization and thus the only habititat suitable for enligtened principles.

>well I'll check out the other names on your list, but the fact that you include these names along side them doesn't bode well.

Would you agree or disagree that these people would crush peterson in a debate?

I don't even like Molyneux, i think he's a nutcase. But I think we can agree that he is smarter, just less marketable.

why is Molyneux a nutcase? I'm curious because I've seen some of his vids and he doesn't seem that crazy to me.

whats with all the anti peterson shilling last couple months? he has a simple and potent message that connects with alot of millennials and gen Z kids. simply that taking responsibility for oneself is a good thing.
he has a fanbase who put him on a pedastool like retards yeah but these are the people hes trying to help

Farthest right the (((elites))) want us goyim going. Another anti-white, anti-traditionalist liberal (in the "of or pertaining to liberty" sense)

White tribalism is the only thing to keep the world from turning into pic related.

Attached: Stalker_ep1.jpg (230x711, 59K)

he at least has the balls to fight against PC culture in universities which is more than you can say for every other college professor

he endorses a side.. liberalism.
there arent just two sides, there are three damnit
liberalism is not centrism

Depends on the topic of the debate, I guess. If peterson if it were a topic peterson agreed to, I think he would win nearly 100% of the time.

If you chose a topic edgy enough so that peterson didn't want to talk about it.... he probably wouldn't win that (obviously).

>I am seriously having a hard time figuring out why this guy is catching on with normies.
> It's just old fashioned self-enlightenment type of talk.
He manages that very well and mixes it excellently with somewhat conservative values.
He gained popularity from an (probably unintentional) media stunt in which he refused to call mentally ill people by what ever names they wanted him to.
This lead to an enormous boost in popularity, this tactic of him, "being politically incorrect", without actually saying anything controversial, makes his fans believe that they are in some sort of "Rebellion" against the system.
Combine this with his appeal as a replacement for the missing father figure of many young males and you have a really popular normie concept.

Petersen represents the (((elites))) retracting on the idpol bullshit. He still supports the central banking cartel status quo and the replacement of white people.

Exactly, BUT he manages to pack that in a package that makes him seem like a radical and rebel, which obviously appeals to the youth.

I agree with you, but not having the government define and restrict hate speech is essential and that's his main battle

JPs main point is self improve, start at your own fucking doorstep, read, grow, live, start a family and fight the good fight.

He is a character that spreads a message that all can head and abide by.

Clean your room both physically and metaphorically.
How can you expect the world to get better when you refuse to?
How can you tell other people how to live their live when you don't have your shit together?

He is self-help and most people in today's world need someone to tell them to grow up and 'sort themselves out'

His ideas and similar ones are the antidote to moral relativism.

>clean your bad
>wipe your butt after poo pooing
>shave your neckbeard

T...thank you daddy Peterson.

The fake tough dad act really adds to it

Still just a retraction back to the 90's status quo. There's nothing revolutionary about anything Peterson has to say

very true, but he's doing at least something while the rest of us sit on our hands while the world regresses

He merely represents a slower form of regression. We're going back to the caves. It's happened before.

Attached: 1512782138781.jpg (400x294, 10K)

I envy your country where liberalism actually means freedom instead of American "liberalism" which is basically progressivism.

Attached: 1521007657698.jpg (590x600, 87K)

Because Truth resonates at a frequency which cannot be ignored, it can only be suppressed or drowned out by the din of screaming Lies.

Attached: IMG_20170623_124651.jpg (1280x886, 56K)

On what level does:
>I can't
resonate?

Individualism is superior to Identitarianism, across the board, and is to be desired as an outcome. Thus, the honest appraisal that Identitarianism is to be avoided, if possible. The trick is to secure Individualism without needing to resort to Identitarianism as a counter-measure to other group's use of Identitarianism. Identity Politics is a tactic of last resort, not a desirable goal in and of itself. Truth be told, it may yet be necessary for white people to organize along these lines out of desperate self-preservation. Whether it is possible to avoid that need remains to be seen.

>listening to a therapist who's on anti-depressant
Also these, the "I can't" that took forever to come out of his mouth on the JQ was amazing, it wan't a "I think it's BS" or some shit like that, it was "If I talk about I'll get assravaged".
So much for always speak the truth.

>Individualism is superior to Identitarianism, across the board
Why?

>The trick is to secure Individualism without needing to resort to Identitarianism as a counter-measure to other group's use of Identitarianism.
How will that ever work?
It never did.

>Truth be told, it may yet be necessary for white people to organize along these lines out of desperate self-preservation.
Why do "white people" matter to you. What is the difference, for you, between a country where whites are a small minority and where they are not.

>guy is catching on with normies
for the same reason normies are watching superhero movies

he is selling them the idea that they can become their superhero idol if they clean their room

I have never heard of him outside of that fucking dork mister metokur bitching about him being more popular or something. This guy is total fringe, not “catching on”

He’s normie levels of “rational” I don’t really pay attention to him but he put debates normie a in msm with simple logic and defense tactics pleb tier but good stepping stone so I’m ok with his role

I like his lectures on personality/psychometrics. Don't care about the bible stuff though.

>Why is individualism better
Because we're usually talking about positive rights that an individual has in this context. By that measure, all of the individuals in any and every group have the same rights. Dividing rights by groups, or treating people differently based on group association or characteristics means you are not taking into account individual differences.

>What is the difference, for you, between a country where whites are a small minority and where they are not.
Well judging by the UK, Germany, Sweden, and South Africa- one where the laws are fairly applied to everyone equally.

Individualism die with western civilization, you retard.

You are not going to have "muuhhh individualism" in a tribal warfare scenario.

So better assemble your team and pledge your alliance while you can.

He makes "conservative" points using the theory of evolution. That's why he's so effective.

my college professor mentioned him in a good light, so no.

if he were catching on you wouldnt need
to make a thread
>why is he catching on
>why
you know what this sounds like? when people say "who's the best party and why is it the democrats"

If his arguments are pleb tier I shudder to think what the fuck level of smegma scum yours are.

>By that measure, all of the individuals in any and every group have the same rights.
Why would I want that?
Why would I want some fucking turk with a German passport have the same rights as me?

>Well judging by the UK, Germany, Sweden, and South Africa- one where the laws are fairly applied to everyone equally.
But what does "whiteness" have to do with that?

Because people want free speech outside of the US

He's selling a "cure" to society's damages that it inflict upon it's peoples.
Even if it's all snake oil, people can't get enough of that delicious self-help bullshit.

>Explain to me why what he's doing is catching on through the normiesphere, while people who are 100x smarter than him are ignored

Jordan Peterson is Catholicism's last stand as a cultural force in Canada. He's not actually a Catholic, but his arguments and championing of the Bible along with Thomist principles are probably the last chance that Catholicism is going to have a visible cultural presence before being completely supplanted by the Social Justice Moment.

In Canada, I don't see anyone else of similar stature coming after him to champion individual rights or principles or freedom from the state.must have

>Why would I want someone else to be treated the same rights as me?
So they get arrested when they do something wrong and are not unduly convicted of some crime. And so you also receive fair treatment.

>"Whiteness"
Anyone with a brain correlates lighter skin with higher IQ, just because of demographic numbers and IQ distribution.

This guy is dropping black pills! Albeit disguised ones!

>So they get arrested when they do something wrong and are not unduly convicted of some crime. And so you also receive fair treatment.
But that is nonsensical.
You didn't answer my question, why would I want rights for minority groups?

He advocates male responsibility without the usual servitude to women angle pushed by everyone else.

>why would I want rights for minority groups?
Because some of them should be respected. That's why you generally leave that to judgement of individuals. You're free to not like the foreigners until you get to know them, of course.

But seriously though, it's better for the shekels. Just keep it within reason and promote integration. Enforce limits.

> there are only two sides in politics
> my side happens to be the correct one
You’re too dumb for politics.

>Because some of them should be respected.
Why?

>You're free to not like the foreigners until you get to know them, of course.
I don't like them BECAUSE I know them.

>Just keep it within reason and promote integration.
That is a myth. These people won't integrate here, they have been here for 2-3 Generations and still there is no sing of Integration.
They DO NOT WANT TO INTEGRATE and it is obvious why.

>Enforce limits.
Yes, the limit should be ZERO.

you have to understand the Christian mindset, it's very difficult to explain to someone who doesn't have direct personal contact with it

Basically when you say a bunch of prophetic language with Biblical overtones, American-style Christians will go absolutely wild. Christians believe that God is manipulating everything from the shadows like a puppetmaster, so any happy coincidence is the work of some divine plan. If you can successfully draw parallels between whatever psychosocial drivel you're pushing and the stories in the Bible, you instantly become a prophet in their minds.

Here is a good example:
youtube.com/watch?v=-toNVx3sebc

Americans are especially fascinated by the concept of the End Times, this is a massive theme in the national psyche. Any kind of vague reference to a coming oblivion, delivered in psuedo-spiritual terms, will make you a messenger of the Holy Ghost in their minds. Look at how Israel was able to use this End Times prophecy to convince Evangelicals to support wars in the Middle East.

Attached: Trump prophecy.png (1459x787, 447K)

Well, yes, it is "old fashioned self-enlightenment type of talk".

But most media people are exposed to consists of headlines like "WHY ALL WHITES NEED TO DIE AND ALL MEN ARE RAPISTS"

Therefore his simple message of common sense seems groundbreaking.

Attached: 1554283880586.jpg (800x500, 140K)

“Doesn’t endorse either side...”. You, it would seem, have not actually listened to him. He flat out blows the SJW assholes out of the water. Sup Forums don’t like him because he doesn’t make the next step to the JQ. Personally, I think he is a asset and the retards on Sup Forums like you are shills trying to stifle him.

Two generations of kids that need therapy
I still prefer thelastpsychiatrist.com/

any (((profits))) you make are negated by the fact that taxs are spent to keep the malcontents of those classes down.

if you want maximum profit stick to colonialism but even then a white country in a brown ones place will produce more value, but then again considering your flag it's not surprise that you advocate importing shit people to do work your too lazy to do

The guy is VERY effective at BTFO the SJWs. So of course there are some on pol/ who want to “SHUT IT DOWN”. I wonder who (((they))) could be?

ok then he is full of shit
let us move along

Attached: bill_evans-1.jpg (810x810, 76K)

>The guy is VERY effective at BTFO the SJWs.
He is an SJW, he is fundamentally a liberal and as such is only disagreement with the SJWs is the speed of progress.

If he is a SJW why are the SJWs attacking HIM?

>>Why would I want someone else to be treated the same rights as me?
So that you can feel good when people who we can prove have a genetic predisposition towards violence and against freedom come and commit violence and take your freedom.

only a sam harris fagboy would make this comparison.

spencer is too much of a faggy irrelevant retard and molyneux literally worships peterson

Because he is on a different level of social progress.
Their direction is fundamentally the same, what they differ in is speed and distance.
To the shrill parts of the SJWs he is nothing but a reactionary, since his demands are still not as extremely liberal as theirs.

This is what has been happening in the west for the last decades, the far left makes demands, the rest of the left rallies behind them and the "right" makes a "principled stand" looses and the left gets their way.
Ultimately society gets more and more liberal, which is something Peterson fundamentally supports.

>If he is a SJW why are the SJWs attacking HIM?
Really?

The overton window hasn't shifted that much, at least not yet.

>Because some of them should be respected.
Some alligators are good. We should respect them.

No. He is revealing the path to personal empowerment through the concept of "putting your own house in order" so that you might be of some use in helping to organize a functional society. If too many people are dysfunctional on a personal level they collectively create a dysfunctional society.

>>Individualism is superior to Identitarianism, across the board
>Why?

It depends on whether you ascribe to a primordialist or instrumentalist concept of ethnicty. Peterson operates on an 'instrumentalist' concept of ethnicity wherein 'ethnicity' is a social instrument ingrained into human psychology used to establish in-groups and out groups for the purposes of resources and rights distribution. However, the definition of an 'in group' or an identity is changeable as time goes on, as how Irish were merged into what would become the 'white' race or how a smattering of duchies in the 17th century were united into the German race. Forming monolithic identitarian bloc-states would just result in division among oneselves and the establishment of "sub-identities" as people compete over collective resources. Ultimately, Peterson argues, rights and freedoms must be centered around a fixed point if they are going to lead to a stable and prosperous society - the individual person.

It's actually shifted quite a lot when a male academic who's against feminism can be widely heard. The problem is that the window has shifted so far the other way that it makes someone whose positions would have been considered just right of center a few decades ago seem revolutionary to people who aren't paying attention.

Molyneux actually follows the Peterson line about telling the truth instead of just paying lip service to it.

Peterson is much more popular because weak normie men (most men) love the idea of being able to blame women for all their problems. Molyneux doesn't like women very much, but he doesn't set them up as the one and only sole problem with the world today either, unlike Peterson. Blaming jews and minorities is scary because they are bloodthirsty vicious cunts who will fuck you up, blaming women is nice and safe because they are small and weak.

We should only let in the good tigers on a case by case basis.

>It depends on whether you ascribe to a primordialist or instrumentalist concept of ethnicty. Peterson operates on an 'instrumentalist' concept of ethnicity wherein 'ethnicity' is a social instrument ingrained into human psychology used to establish in-groups and out groups for the purposes of resources and rights distribution.
Which recent research has shown to be completely false.

[citation needed]

Yes being a fencesitting centrist is popular with normies. Also he is trying to brainwash young men into believing that their lifes have purpose when outside of being a corporate wageslave they really don't.

>but he doesn't set them up as the one and only sole problem with the world today either, unlike Peterson.

Where do you guys get this stuff? Peterson is against the whole idea of blaming "groups" for the world's problems.

In fact, he says the people who are the problem with the world are the people who blame groups for the world's problems.

Peterson ALWAYS has something good to say UNLESS it's about WWII/(them). Take his life advice, not political advice.

Because you keep shilling this leaf

This your first time on Sup Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=3J2V2vnrEz0

>Why?
Individualism is the equality of negative rights without anyone being treated better or worse due to arbitrary characteristics. It is the endorsement of meritocracy over identity. Imagine being restricted or persecuted by law based in eye color or finger length and it should be obvious why Individualism is better.

>How will that ever work? It never did.
It works if a society maintains traditions and beliefs that uphold these principles. America is a fine example. It falls apart when identitarian cultures are imported and they corrupt the system by changing the culture.

>Why do "white people" matter to you. What is the difference, for you, between a country where whites are a small minority and where they are not.
In an Individualist society, it doesn't matter. Identity is not a relevant factor unless it is made relevant by a society allowing disparate treatment under the law. "White people" have become a target for persecution under identity politics, and unless that can be changed, an identitarian response may be necessary to prevent abuses.

Not really contesting anything I or my paraphrasing of Peterson's individualism says. Hereditability of personality traits and intelligence is something Peterson has stated is a scientifically established fact whenever the subject has come up.

Integration takes around a hundred years and only works on groups that want to integrate. Look at the greeks in the ottoman empire or the dutch in copenhagen or the blacks who never integrated into american society or the scanians who never truly became swedish.

Separate out the supernatural nonsense and look at the Bible as literature. Lord of The Rings need not be real for us to see and acknowledge philosophical truths and heroic deeds. The same goes for the Bible. It's like the Greek myths or Aesops Fables. These can be a great source of wisdom whether or not you believe in Zeus or talking foxes.

>>Pastor Steven Anderson

Attached: 1516902825773.jpg (740x810, 178K)

Wanna know why he’s so popular?
The world is filled with absolute retards now that can’t even do basic shit like think 1 week ahead of themselves, let alone pick up a book and read without it being a mandatory school project. So when someone is making videos saying basic bitch shit like

>clean your room
>quote Carl jung
>quote neitzche

Every retard goes “omg he’s a god!!!”

Attached: C3207E25-28FB-4110-B53C-25206C2A76B0.png (756x400, 91K)