Wait a second. How was Kaiba immune to dark magic...

Wait a second. How was Kaiba immune to dark magic? Every single other character in the series was affected by it but he literally just tells the guy to fuck off and that he doesn't believe in magic.

And then he just pulls a fucking card that isn't even in his deck in the dimension battle through fucking magic...which he doesn't believe in.

Is Kaiba literally so ignorant of reality that he can do whatever the fuck he wants?

He has money.

Chuuni > magic

His autism gives him infinite power

It was the technology.
The thing that lets him think of something and make it real with the solid vision mental link thing.
Sufficiently advanced technology being indistinguishable from magic and all that jazz.

Seto is a reality warper. He gets what he wants through sheer autism.

more like infinite butthurt. Have you ever been humiliated so hard by a rival that you literally try to drag them back from the afterlive if high tech technology so you can beat them in a children's card game?

Seto only has 2 loves in his life. His blue eye's white waifu and his desire to beat Atem in a children's card game. He developed a fucking holodeck technology just so he could simulate Atem and it still wasn't enough for him.

Since this is a Yugioh thread I may as well ask here:
I've been watching the subbed version of Duel Monsters the past few days and while it's way better than the dub I watched as a kid there're two things that are bugging me;
1. Why does Pegasus talk like a ghost?
2. There's a tense background theme that plays intermittently- did the composer really think he could get away with ripping off the Exorcist theme?

>drag them back from the afterlive
Even better, he literally sent HIMSELF to the afterlife. And he lost.

I think the idea of the movie was that the Prana wasn't necessary for the world because Kaiba already invented something that does what it does but with less potential to be destructive. Fix the problems with this world.
As kaiba put it. "Its tedious, poorly designed, and pathetically constructed."
Individualism and science over the collective and magic of the easily hijacked Prana.

He never believed.

His fancy new duel disk was designed to block the magic of Millenium Items from affecting the wearer. So he used that system to negate the Prana Cube thing.

He wouldnt have created that system if his experiences werent humbling enough to at least allow him to acknoledge the existance of Magic/ etc. So, he uses that to his advantage (after all Kaiba mantra has always been 'screw the rules') and is able to draw Obelisk, who had been faithful to him. He is only able to do this since they were in the final resting place of the god cards anyway.

Rewatching the OG and God damn Kaiba's such a whiny bitch.

You'd be a whiny bitch too if you get OTK'd by a scrub, and your business partners use that defeat as pretense for the dissolution of your hand-built company- and for the flaming homosexual to steal your brother's soul.

he took his loss too hard but he's the opposite of a whiny bitch, he worked to get everything he has and doesn't take shit from anybody

he's autistic and an asshole but still one of the most respectable ygo characters

i guess if you're a scrub and your only memory of the show is of duelist kingdom and that time kaiba threatened to throw himself off the ledge (to save his brother) then it makes sense

Why is Kaiba so arrogant about having Obelisk when he was literally just given it by some woman. He did nothing to earn it yet he acts like he's such hot shit for having it

He's stronger that Madara, even stronger than Yugi Blanco.

Owning a God Card isn't that special. Being able to handle one is.

I still can't get over how Kaiba pulled Obelisk (the card) out of the ground

Pegasus was just weird

But could he handle Shaggy the player?

I'm honestly not sure whether to call Kaiba extremely dedicated or an absolute mad man.

Which Madara are we talking about?

Autistic people see the world differently from everyone else

Doesn't Mokuba count?

Shut up Mokuba

In the final duel in the manga, Obelisk was used and destroyed there, apparently the card spirit lingers around.

Gotta hand it to him though. Instead of altering his memories with the pharaoh he chooses to invoke the power of the ultimate autism to find a way to defeat the pharaoh. I can't remember if any character that has ever went so far as to go to the afterlife to challenge someone they know they can't beat.

The clown beat Yugi in Duelist Kingdom and Kaiba had to to hack to make him lose.

Yknow, I think I like the dub more. Maybe because of nostalgia, but Kaiba speaking in japanese doesn't sound right.

Only in the anime.
In the manga Blue-Eyes an hero itself when Kaiba woke up from his coma.

Original yugioh cast was the best. Joey, Kaiba, and Bakura moments were always great.

It's been a long time, but I recall Kaiba's denial of magic being really exaggerated in the dub. What he really rejects is the notion of a past life or pre-existing circumstances having any control over him.

What a great and loyal waifu.

>watching the twitch stream

Why?

This. If you aren't Chosen by the God's themselves the God Cards will literally kill you if you try to use them. Strings was the only exception because he's basically a living corpse and was being controlled by Marik.

Autism barrier

If you can really deny magic, say it in the red text of truth!

Isn't this the first CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLE?