Why were the Gospels written 4-8 decades after Jesus died?

Why were the Gospels written 4-8 decades after Jesus died?

Attached: gospels.jpg (670x350, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/125637346/#125637346
youtube.com/watch?v=gldvim1yjYM
youtube.com/watch?v=MtL8hCrvctc
youtube.com/watch?v=9wUcrwYocgM
youtube.com/watch?v=bKzSV8bWKk0
youtube.com/watch?v=s5kJuTkUo0w
youtube.com/watch?v=KJizWvoGCIg
youtube.com/watch?v=Ww7_NKv6_Sg
youtube.com/watch?v=gHofTmolbi0
youtube.com/watch?v=JAPG3eECaxw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

not written, recorded

that just happaned to be when the Holy Spirit moved them to get it all down on parchment.

False religion

so youve chosen death
one can only hope you accept Christ before your dying breath

But a true relationship...

1) It's fake, obviously.
2) It doesn't matter. The Roman's Romanized it, put their traditions and values in it, made it first a slave religion and then the religion of the common folk, wrote the Bible in Latin so the uneducated couldn't read it and realize it was fake, and it spawned the greatest civilization humanity has ever seen.

>1) It's fake, obviously.

various fallacies

>2) It doesn't matter. The Roman's Romanized it, put their traditions and values in it, made it first a slave religion and then the religion of the common folk, wrote the Bible in Latin so the uneducated couldn't read it and realize it was fake, and it spawned the greatest civilization humanity has ever seen.

fact

Because Jesus wasn't a real person, so they could have been written at any time

>pic related

Attached: jesus.jpg (333x499, 35K)

I've stumbled by chance upon the true religion by doing by accident what is necessary for salvation and it most certainly isn't christianity.

an excellent underpinning of a society and moral milieu to grow up in

Attached: 1312514488453.png (456x543, 307K)

>wrote the Bible in Latin so the uneducated couldn't read it
Ummm, the bible wasn't written in Latin.

There was dozens of half-started religions floating around the region at that time, they probably just figured that an aggressive word of mouth operation was the way to go. It's hard to rationalize pre tv marketing.

again:
death

Christ:
"I am THE way, THE truth and THE life."

Because the early Christians thought the second coming of Jesus would happen during their lifetime, like Jesus promised.

The bible was written in greek, and when it was put into latin it was actually for the benefit of the common people.

Attached: 1520354416781.jpg (1024x992, 98K)

Yes, that what somebody wrote, what about it? Perhaps you believe it's true? It's not

>somebody

>It's not

good luck with that

the NT is in Greek

> like Jesus promised.

thats not what he meant

Religion is good stuff for keeping the common people working

Many religions have been written in text format along the ages, none have why to be particularly true

People who deny the historical Jesus sound simple-minded.

yep
you can thank the great(est) deceiver for the flood of lies to bury the fact

From where did you get that?
Sage

Attached: shroud of turin.png (1292x8757, 3.91M)

People who shun Christianity are almost never very well put-together, family-oriented people.
Really activates my almonds.

SAURON
SAURONman
JEW
JEWsus
get real ppl

>People who deny the historical Jesus sound simple-minded.
No problem user, just produce some evidence that he existed and I'll STFU

>the great(est) deceiver
Satan is said to govern the earth and control it, yet he doesn't seem to be being worshipped as it would be fitting according to the descriptions given in the bible, is your religion lying?

You know what, I have noticed this too. Also, have you noticed that people who shun Christianity their reasoning always involves sexuality. Like gay rights or slut shaming. Are anti Christians just perverts?

It's obvious that the stories are older than when they were compiled

You mean 30?
The issue is the original foundation of the Church started getting old or getting killed. There were earlier documents like the Sayings of Jesus and the Passion that we do not have in their original form but are preserved from being integrating into the gospels, which were most likely developed as a combination of tradition and interviews with surviving witnesses. Paper was a pretty big investment back then, so the gospels were quite the undertaking for people who weren't aristocrats

>There were earlier documents like the Sayings of Jesus
What makes you think the Q document(s) recorded the sayings of Jesus? They're just as likely to be the saying of John the Baptist, or literally a hundred other people

>Satan is said to govern the earth and control it,

true

>yet he doesn't seem to be being worshipped as it would be fitting according to the descriptions given in the bible,

of course it doesnt SEEM that way
we just got through with this phrase
"greatest deceiver"

> is your religion lying?

be serious

>their reasoning always involves sexuality
Just because you think that sexual deprivation is holy it doesn't mean it's holy, it means you think it is.

Sexuality might be even used sacramentally for all we know and you retards would be getting pissed about the notion even.

Satan doesn't seem to be murdering people, but christians sure murdered people, including other christians with slightly different beliefs whom also happened to be europeans.

The bible never claims people worship satan , you must be a idiot to worship the enemy of humankind

Do you think the people who knew Jesus would just forget who Jesus or what he said? I don't understand your point here. The Sayings of Jesus was probably completed shortly after his death

Cathar spotted

As a well read individual I'm positive your god is worse than Satan

Why couldnt Mohammed read or writie? Why years later?

It’s all shit. Only the Jewish god is real. Fucking goy.

>Satan doesn't seem to be murdering people,

what the hell are you talking about???

>but christians sure murdered people

yes im sure they were christians

> including other christians with slightly different beliefs whom also happened to be europeans.

and?

you know nothing of theology/the Word

Greatest deceiver is an accurate title. Look at the slow deterioration of religiosity, and the debauchery slowly grabbing a hold of society; there is Satan.

I don't know what you're saying. Google translate is not a good way to communicate in another language.

The Latin Vulgate of the 4th century.
You think the "King James" version was found in the Dead Sea Scrolls?

>Do you think the people who knew Jesus would just forget who Jesus or what he said?
The Apostle Paul literally wrote that he didn't know anything about what Jesus did or said.

azazel
the lord of lies
the prince of darkness
that old serpent
the dragon
the devil
the adversary
the dark one

Most of the common people of Europe couldn't read Latin. Only the people educated in the Catholic universities could read Latin - The educated leaders.

Because it is the continuation of the Imperial Cult, only the emperor is the pope now.

Attached: 1520943409765m.jpg (767x1024, 98K)

>Why couldnt Mohammed read or writie? Why years later?
The Prophet Mohammed was a member of rich trader family. It's extremely unlikely that he couldn't read or write.

what we have of the dead sea scrolls is almost a perfect (better than 99%) match to the KJV (translated, of course)

because there was no need to document an event that had just happened.

He was the one apostle who didn't know Jesus. He was a Pharisee going around persecuting Christians and then found Christ on the road to Damascus. Are you seriously a proponent of the imaginary Christ theory?

which was entirely the work of the adversary with willing wicked people:
do anything to keep the Word of God from thirsty, lost souls

>He was a Pharisee going around persecuting Christians and then found Christ on the road to Damascus.

nope
Christ found him :)

Paul paraphrased Jesus all the time anyway, he knew the other apostles and met with them and took on their traditions.

old testament, not new

Religion is the cement that holds culture (anthropological sense) together. Without it, the people die.
Jesus' teachings are irrational and unsound. If we all sat around begging from one another, we all die. Be like the birds of the field - RUBBISH! Romans had a work ethic... "Slaves Obey your Masters" and "You'll get your reward in heaven after you die". Great stuff for Empires.

>Be a religious founder
>The primary way your religion will spread is through religious writing
>Don't recruit a single author, instead get illiterate manual laborers
>Nothing gets written within the lifetime of your religion's first followers by an eyewitness to your ministry
>No originals of the writings even survive
>Get really fucking pissed when people say this is stupid on the internet
>Become a nigger and spic religion one notch elevated above voodoo after Whites start leaving the church

GOOD CALL, SON OF GOD!

because the bible was written by men, thus false

Attached: a more believable story then the bible.jpg (760x785, 71K)

Pretty sure you have to meet God halfway friendo

>He was the one apostle who didn't know Jesus
If any of the other apostles knew Jesus, they didn't write anything about it. You're just guessing based on what you want to be true.

>and then found Christ on the road to Damascus.
Paul never wrote anything about finding Christ on the the road to Damascus. That's just a later tradition.

>Are you seriously a proponent of the imaginary Christ theory?
The Apostle Paul is the main proponent of the imaginary Christ theory.

It was still better than greek.

Yup. And just like the Spanish user who gets super angry about Christianity, I have people angry at me and my wife/son for being regular, decent people. It's like, if you are young you are supposed to live for yourself in a nice apartment while being single and partying. A little struggle to raise children at 23? Heresy.
Crabs in a bucket, really

>Paul paraphrased Jesus all the time anyway
How do you know it wasn't the gospel writers who were paraphrasing Paul? That's what you would expect if the gospels were written decades after the Pauline epistles

>you know nothing of theology/the Word

No you do ? people worship false gods no one worships the devil with full knowledge that they worship the devil

uuuh... Flavius Josephus?

>uuuh... Flavius Josephus?
Josephus manuscripts before the 4th century don't mention anything about Jesus.

> Assuming written tradition is not arelady a form of decadence
> Assuming the Scriptures weren't inspired by the Holy Ghost

The gunpowder plot should have suceeded.

I'd suggest instead of reading books on Jesus by new agers from the 1960s, try reading some critical Jesus historiography by non Christians.

They were written 30 years after Jesus died. Apostle Paul's son Mark wrote the earliest Gospel. Apostle Paul was an illiterate fisherman.

My god is the father and he is the ultimate good satan is evil thus he cannot be worse

You're a fucking retard. As if Jesus gave a shit what his followers wrote about him & his work. His values are saving people's lives & making others better as we speak, mine included.

>mfw you completely do not understand the point of founding a religion based on the goodness of man, nor the type of thinking involved with doing it

Attached: 1514053934600.jpg (640x705, 55K)

Reminder that the account on Christ in specific is something that's DEBATABLE, not denied.
Reminder that he wrote about Christ's brother and the early christian sect in general.

>Jesus' teachings are irrational and unsound
>man teaches people to be nice to each other and is executed for heresy (was technically executed as a rebel and enemy of the Empire, but the real reason was the Temple Sect didn't like him.)
I don't know why it is weird

>try reading some critical Jesus historiography by non Christians.
Most of them are utter shit, unfortunately. Even (((Bart Ehrman))) is a laughing stock.

Luckily the few surviving primary sources tell us most of what we need to know.

>yet he doesn't seem to be being worshipped as it would be fitting according to the descriptions given in the bible

Yet he is, the world, many people love sin, your point is refuted.

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/125637346/#125637346

Attached: 1481407219870.jpg (3508x2480, 610K)

>Reminder that he wrote about Christ's brother
No, he didn't. He wrote about James the Just, a completely different figure.

>and the early christian sect in general.
Josephus writes nothing about the early Christian sect, unfortunately

>but christians sure murdered people, including other christians with slightly different beliefs whom also happened to be europeans.

Just because christians murder eachother means christianity is not real

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

>Many will say

many not a little , not some , many christians will go to hell who thought they went to heaven

They're utter shit to you because they go against what YOU want to believe. You want to believe Jesus never existed, which is ahistorical. You hate the Christian religion, and you need such a belief of an imaginary Christ to serve as an excuse for your hatred

>How do you know
How do you know anything? Prove it empirically that everyone quoted Paul. If you can then how do you even knwo that your eyes are even real? Like? How do you know? Like you know what I mean? How do you know? How do you know anything at all?

Attached: 1496789872436.png (480x443, 346K)

Because back then most people couldn't read. So documenting history through written sources just wasn't an especially high priority.

Because their main purpose was to be propaganda for the christian jewish slave-sect in the roman empire.

Goddamn check out Jesus’s disco-stick!

>They're utter shit to you because they go against what YOU want to believe
They're utter shit because they don't understand the historical method.

1000 Jesus scholars have tried to reconstruct the historical Jesus and they have reached 1000 contradictory answers. Therefore all of their conclusions must be rejected.

>You want to believe Jesus never existed, which is ahistorical.
Ok, just produce a single text, written before 150AD, which says Jesus was a real person, and I'll take you seriously

>You hate the Christian religion
Irrelevant. Jesus either existed, or he didn't. My own relgious beliefs are not important.

My reasons for shunning Christianity are that it's false and that the churches are cucked as fuck, supporting gay adoption, gay marriages, islamic mass immigration, breaking the law to shelter illegal immigrants, pro slutwalk, feminism, race mixing, etc. If it had a positive cultural effect, I would not shun it even though it's false.

>Prove it empirically that everyone quoted Paul.
WTF are you talking about?

youtube.com/watch?v=gldvim1yjYM

youtube.com/watch?v=MtL8hCrvctc
youtube.com/watch?v=9wUcrwYocgM

youtube.com/watch?v=bKzSV8bWKk0

youtube.com/watch?v=s5kJuTkUo0w

youtube.com/watch?v=KJizWvoGCIg

youtube.com/watch?v=Ww7_NKv6_Sg

youtube.com/watch?v=gHofTmolbi0

youtube.com/watch?v=JAPG3eECaxw

>What are you talking about
WHAT? WHO ARE YOU? WHAT IS LIFE?
WHAT IS ANYTING?
> I AM FROM PLEBBIT

Attached: 1495236875504.jpg (662x674, 87K)

Yes, he did.
He wrote about Christ in an account that's been debated - not denied.
He wrote about John the Baptist.
He wrote about James.
So what you're basically saying is writing about key figures of a sect is not writing about the sect.
Which is retarded.

I'm not christian, but fuck leftist subhumans who immediately jump to this depraved crap

Attached: 1512233769429.jpg (800x567, 89K)

>He wrote about Christ in an account that's been debated - not denied.
What are you talking about? Jesus "appears" twice in Antiquities of the Jews, and many (or most) scholars think both are later additions, not part of the original text

>inb4 muh Wikipedia
Wikipedia pages are written by people who haven't read the primary sources

disgusting

Attached: Unrestrained.png (265x367, 39K)

this

You do realize that historically speaking the gospels release time was extremely short? Back in those days literacy was in the shitter and the ability to write was even more rare. Historians accept historical documents that are written within a few centuries of an event as a "primary source"

Hell, most Roman histories that are accepted as definitive accounts of historical events were written 500 years after the event occurred. Sure, in modern times 40 years is an eternity to get a book out, but 2000 years ago that was blazing fast.

Again, it's a debatable matter. It's not concluded.

>m-muh wikipedia

Doesn't change the fact you're denying historical proof you're asking for.
I guess the early martys all "died for nothing" too, right? Man, it takes a lot of faith to come to that conclusion of "mass hallucination".

The original manuscripts were written in Greek and then translated into Latin by Rome centuries later.

>Again, it's a debatable matter. It's not concluded.
Nope. The Flavianum Testimonium is definitely a 4th-century addition. Early Christian scholars wrote commentaries on Josephus, and those commentaries still exist. There is nothing to debate.

The other mention (James the brother of Jesus, who was the Christ) is probably not original. Josephus would not write "who was the Christ" without telling his readers what it means. Therefore, it is implausible. Therefore it is probably a later addition. Therefore it is not evidence of a historical Jesus.

read the verses

The fact he began in this thread to argue as if from a position of authority about matters concerning the earliest works of Christianity without first stating that he believed Christ was imaginary meant that he entered this discussion with the charge of subverting it. I had to discern his stance from the strange responses he was giving. He is not here to argue in good faith.