Japan-centric anime either take place in (a suburb of) Tokyo or the countryside

>Japan-centric anime either take place in (a suburb of) Tokyo or the countryside
Why are there so few anime that take place in some of the other cities of Japan? According to anime Japan is just the mega-city of Tokyo surrounded by a gigantic farm.

Akihabra is also in a lot of shows. The land of the free.

the manga/anime bubble is like 99% concentrated in Tokyo so I guess they just write for their audience

Because the average nip know less of their country than 'merican hicks who never leave a 50 mile radius of their birthplace

all of the mangaka and anime industry is based in Tokyo which is a big part of it

but aside from that Japan is an insular country and for most Japanese people Tokyo is the center of the universe, no other city really matters

> According to anime Japan is just the mega-city of Tokyo surrounded by a gigantic farm.
Because it is. Japan is basically Tokyo, Hyogo, Osaka, and fuckin uuuuhhhhh

Osaka

Chiba Prefecture has the best sibling relationships, apparently.

at least they talk about Osaka

why is there no anime set in Hyogo

and best girl

There is a lot of anime all around Japan

Chiba is in the Greater Tokyo Area though.

>According to anime Japan is just the mega-city of Tokyo surrounded by a gigantic farm.

This is what countries in the future will be.

If I went off American TV, I'd think that America was mostly Manhattan and Hollywood.

According to American TV, America is also mostly suburbia. So there you have it, that pretty much covers it.

I don't care about more Qualidea Code, but can we please have more Incest Twins?

Yeah, but what do those two places have in common? A lot of economic activity, so they attracts a lot of people.

Akihabara is part of Chiyoda, Tokyo.

Fukuoka seems alright, the odd civic disaster aside. Tokyo has those all the time.

Tokyo is the center of the world.