Do you think Muv-Luv would better without Laser and TSFs?

Do you think Muv-Luv would better without Laser and TSFs?

Muv Luv would be better without harem.

the TSFs are like, half the point.

But Muv Luv didn't have either of those things
It was just fun high school antics and lacrosse

tama best girl
she deserved a good husband

this desu

Can't tell. That'd mean the battles and training would be very different and the writers would have to find new ways to make it interesting. At the very least it would hinder some of the themes like the brain connection the technology is focusing on (because of the TSFs) which justifies other plot elements (Takeru's mind having an influence on reality, the 00 unit and so on).

This.

>Removing the only good part of a worthless haremtrash anime.

>anime

True lad.

No, then it'd be generic military wank shit. TSFs are fucking cool.

Yes. And with a trap in the harem.

>it'd be generic military wank shit

as opposed to generic mecha wank shit #14354415?

I think it'd be more interesting to find a way to deal with powerful alien force with conventional mean instead of go easy way with giant robots

You're on an anime board. If you want to discuss the VN go to /jp/ or /vg/.

I'd love to read mechaless mabu.

Using giant robots which would actually be quite ineffective is lunatic mode.

It seems harder to go giant robots and facing lasers. Without lasers (and TSFs), they'd just bomb the place until it's empty then send tanks inside, then it could become interesting again. As it stands they have to use these metal clouds things to get cover and as kinetic weapons to lower the number of laser types then send in the TSFs.

I guess it depends on what they could think of to make tanks strategies interesting, but for the most part you'd just lose the laser mechanic.

No. It would literally be:
Step 1: Nuke all the hives.
Step 2: There's no step 2

Larger battles would consist largely of air strikes and artillery barrages as the BETA no longer have any means of protecting against it, and the main characters would mostly be fighting soldier and warrior class BETA.
Human-sized power armor would be a good substitute for giant mecha to make individuals somewhat more tactically significant

They nuked the island in Alternative, that can be done after the laser types have been taken care of. It just doesn't kill the underground BETAs, which is the hardest part. It's about destroying the core, not cleaning the surface for a few hours before more BETA come out.

>Larger battles would consist largely of air strikes and artillery barrages as the BETA no longer have any means of protecting against it

Flying BETAs would be nice

Do you mean Sadogashima? They didn't nuke it.

It should be possible to blow away the monument with an H-bomb
After that you can drop bombs into the main shaft and destroy the reactor.

For some reason I remember them talking about a nuke being detonated way before the G-bomb explodes but I can't find it anywhere.

You're right about the shaft, without laser classes to protect it the fight is one-sided.