Did anyone watch Spirited Away in theaters this week?

Did anyone watch Spirited Away in theaters this week?

It was n theaters?

Fuck. They keep doing these. I've watched three anime in theaters this year. Are us anime fans really turning up a good profit at these small events?

Yup. Some 3 year old next to me kept making noises and the parents wouldn't shut them up.

They're playing the dub in a smaller city an hour away but nothing at the theatre where I live. Feels bad man

Some friends of mine did. Don't see why they would pay $9 to see it when they could just torrent it for free, especially since its like 15 years old at this point

For the experience?

to watch it in a theater, obviously

Yes, it was actually an amazing experience. The big screen really helps. I am never torrenting again if they keep this up. Please release more anime in theatres!

I already saw it a few months ago in theaters, so I didn't feel the need to again. Especially since I'd have to drive to the next town over to have a theater playing it

Hey user, I wonder about it.
Why is it being aired at the theater ”now”?

I saw Princess Mononoke in one of the few American theaters that screened it when it came out years ago. I really wish we could get another big screen anime experience like that

Why not
>mfw a theater in dallas did a bunch of ghibli films last summer including PM and SA
Was a good time.

That is very wonderful(strange?).
It has been aired more than 15 years ago.
It is very rare for theaters to broadcast non-latest movies.

It was just a summer film festival thing. It was ghibli in general, not just Miyazaki.

I see. thanks.
By the way, in Japan, Spirited Away is broadcast on television once every two years.
Ghibli movies are broadcasted on TV about 10 times a year.
So even Japanese people who are not interested in animation know about ghibli animation.

I mean I assume they are basically like Disney in the US

Disney movie? It is enviable.
Disney movies are broadcasted on TV only 1 or 2 times a year.
I love Disney and Pixar.
Both are very heartwarming.

Should I watch Gibhli films? This is only one Iv seen..

No, but I did make a pizza face mask

Torrented it

>Should I watch Gibhli films?
Do you like good things?